TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: T2FM: Eclipsed Released (10/30/2009)

Thanks for your patience, I finally found my way.

How do I open Orithil's Wares?

What's Unknown Object for?

Only one objective to fulfill: get out ot this cursed place!

Fireballs...

How do I avoid the fire ball to get the 3rd flower thing (in the blue hall with the hanging bodies?) I've tried jumping, running, crawling, zig zagging, I get killed every time

Teddy bombs

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrawler View Post
    ok, I am in the "cave" area and have tried to kill one, but after 6-8 blows he does not go down. I only have my sword , tinder box, lantern. nothing else. does it take 20 blows or so to kill one of these beasts?

ok so I tried again and after they went down and sometimes got up again, I whacked them for about 10 more times and they stayed down.
    I used the teddy bombs... Takes two... Fire arrows would have been nice here

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    How do I avoid the fire ball to get the 3rd flower thing (in the blue hall with the hanging bodies?) I've tried jumping, running, crawling, zig zagging, I get killed every time
    If you look very carefully, there is a wall of airy red dots rising where you'll get killed. You basically have to walk forward very slowly until you see the particles, stop, then follow it across until you find an opening, and do that for each wall. It's hard for me to even remember the exact zig-zaggy path; you just have to pay close attention.

Demagogue, did you open the door to Orithil's Wares? I need help here.

Quote Originally Posted by bukary View Post
    The key to his door is I believe in the Old City, upstairs in one of the apartments, but my memory is shaky. It's someplace like that, i.e., a room inside some place you have to get access to, not open in the city from the start. Edit: I don't trust my memory; look at Tanner's post below. (Anyway, IIRC, I think the room itself isn't necessary to make progess; there's just more loot and stuff in there.)
    Last edited by demagogue; 1st Nov 2009 at 20:50.

I think those wanderers in the mountain maze are of the undead type since they bled black blood and still groan when you whack them with the sword when they are "down". The 2 flashbombs I picked up seem to permanently kill them when they were struck down (makes some sort of hissing noise).

-I found a way to get into town without checking the "get to port" objective. I just climbed on top of the wall and hopped over. It seems you only check the objective when you're passing the gate, and not the general "i got into the city" =D

-Also able to get a few whacks in to the shadow who was right in front of the bars when descending the mountain elevator

-Also wondering why it lags so much on this fm compared to equilibrium, where the keepers also disappear in shadows?

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    The key to his door is I believe in the Old City, upstairs in one of the apartments, but my memory is shaky. (Anyway, IIRC, I think the room itself isn't necessary to make progess; there's just more loot and stuff in there.)
    I found the diary that mentions this key in the attic there but I still do not know where the key is. And I need more loot to fulfill the objective.

Quote Originally Posted by bukary View Post
    Next to the entrance to old town on Laminum Street there is a barrel and some crates. Climb up.

Hi.

Awesome mission (aside from extreme chop and lagging like I've never experienced before . )

But I'm stuck now.
    First, I'm looking for the Mountain gate key. I checked the child's room (the one with the music box and the hanged dude) and couldn't find any key .

Second question: How do I open the trap door in Quintus' house (the one next to his bed), and where's the key to the wall safe?

Thanks

Azaran
    Last edited by Azaran; 1st Nov 2009 at 23:02. Reason: Adding comment

Finally finished playing through this mission.

It is badly in need of...how should I say this...code optimization. Standing in the right spot (which isn't very hard to do) and looking in a certain direction crashes the mission outright. Normally just a few items disappear from view, but in this mission it's CTD, do not pass go and forget about the money.

The city layout is excellent (though I got a little frustrated at all the invisible walls that acted as barriers) and how you build up suspense is fantastic. Revealing that the best defense against the monsters is light, and then having loads of light sources for us to light, even long before we even encounter one of them! Though I have to express disappointment in the mission structure itself - the mission barely amounts to more than a keyhunt, and judging by people asking for help in this thread, needlessly complex. Also, spawning new enemies into a pre-explored (and possibly pre-cleaned) area, just because you'll have to backtrack through there at a key moment...it's a bad idea. It's one of the laziest design ideas in existence, and completely spoils the mood.

In my books, everything points to this mission being released prematurely. It's a solid mission but it falls just short of being one of the all-time classics.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    Finally finished playing through this mission.

It is badly in need of...how should I say this...code optimization. Standing in the right spot (which isn't very hard to do) and looking in a certain direction crashes the mission outright. Normally just a few items disappear from view, but in this mission it's CTD, do not pass go and forget about the money.

The city layout is excellent (though I got a little frustrated at all the invisible walls that acted as barriers) and how you build up suspense is fantastic. Revealing that the best defense against the monsters is light, and then having loads of light sources for us to light, even long before we even encounter one of them! Though I have to express disappointment in the mission structure itself - the mission barely amounts to more than a keyhunt, and judging by people asking for help in this thread, needlessly complex. Also, spawning new enemies into a pre-explored (and possibly pre-cleaned) area, just because you'll have to backtrack through there at a key moment...it's a bad idea. It's one of the laziest design ideas in existence, and completely spoils the mood.

In my books, everything points to this mission being released prematurely. It's a solid mission but it falls just short of being one of the all-time classics.
    For the CTD, where were you standing?

Thanks for the honest review.

I normally keep my mouth shut about fan missions whether I like them or not, but this one is really pissing me off.

It looks like there's plenty of places I need or want to explore but:

1. There's apparently no rope arrows.

2. 95% of the surfaces can't be mantled. Either there's pipes intentionally placed in the way or the ability is simply broken/removed. What good is Garrett when he's stuck on the ground?

3. Invisible barriers everywhere. In some cases, this (combined with not being able to mantle) makes crate stacking pretty much useless. Also, getting stuck in what looks like a clear space is very frustrating.

4. New uses for items and no readable to inform the player, in this case tinderbox flares. If there is a readable telling the player about the new use, I haven't found it. At any rate, it doesn't make sense that it can be used to burn down a barrier, but not light candles and torches. And I wouldn't have known about burning down the barrier if I hadn't read this entire thread.

These things make an FM feel very unfinished and unplayable.

The author has a good concept in needing to avoid darkness and light the place up as much as possible. Makes me feel like there's an impending zombie attack or something.

But with the problems in this FM, Garrett might as well be in a wheelchair.
    Last edited by CaptSyn; 2nd Nov 2009 at 01:49.

Frozen to a near standstill

I've now found my first adversary in the mission: the haunt at the electrical factory in the Old Town. Unfortunately, I'm unable to keep playing, as the chop and lagging has increased to an intolerable point; the game is almost completely frozen . Someone really needs to do something about this - I lowered my resolution to the minimum, removed my EP, and all the effects, and it doesn't change a thing .

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSyn View Post
    I normally keep my mouth shut about fan missions whether I like them or not, but this one is really pissing me off.

It looks like there's plenty of places I need or want to explore but:

1. There's apparently no rope arrows.

2. 95% of the surfaces can't be mantled. Either there's pipes intentionally placed in the way or the ability is simply broken/removed. What good is Garrett when he's stuck on the ground?

3. Invisible barriers everywhere. In some cases, this (combined with not being able to mantle) makes crate stacking pretty much useless.

4. New uses for items and no readable to inform the player, in this case tinderbox flares. If there is a readable telling the player about the new use, I haven't found it. At any rate, it doesn't make sense that it can be used to burn down a barrier, but not light candles and torches. And I wouldn't have known about burning down the barrier if I hadn't read this entire thread.

These things make an FM feel very unfinished and unplayable.

The author has a good concept in needing to avoid darkness and light the place up as much as possible. Makes me feel like there's an impending zombie attack or something.
    Some people were saying how certain spots when looking over the map crashes the game, if not very laggy on ground level already. If you climbed higher, the chances of crashes increases a LOT.

Didn't the readable containing information about the flares say something about being careful, as the last time? he used it almost burned his house down? (the entire attic was made of wood right?) Isn't that some sort of a clue? I agree not lighting torches though...

Is tattered very much at me too and its because of too many high-poly objects in complex, ruined places. My Thief was confined down to 1 processor core, but meanwhile I changed the dual core processor to a quad core one (Phenom II X4). This new processor has Direct Connection Architecture which means that needs no longer the Multicore patch (now the game running well in all 4 cores on WinXP). So I reset the game afinity to default 4 cores and now the mission running like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    First, I'm looking for the Mountain gate key. I checked the child's room (the one with the music box and the hanged dude) and couldn't find any key .
    wrong room - you're looking for a small bedroom in Old Town, with some dangerous stuffed animals.
    Second question: How do I open the trap door in Quintus' house (the one next to his bed), and where's the key to the wall safe?
    that's the clocktower, not actually Quintus' house. the switch is behind the headboard of his bed.
    --
    CaptSyn/LawViz - I agree with CaptSyn's complaints, but I see why the limitations were put in place. there was a note about 'nearly burning the house down' but it didn't say how to use the tinder box - are they mines, flares, or something new? I had to QS, test, and QL to recover that one; I was afraid I'd need them later! I wouldn't have tried them on the boards, either, since regular flares don't light wood.

my own complaint is that the cheap blue vases are now loot; there needs to be a shiny new texture if something that has never been valuable becomes worth picking up.
    grr, this mission uses every Thief-honed instinct I have against me!
    --
    my questions:
    1. above the swamp on the way to the city gate, there is a structure that looks like a fort. i tried jumping the planks up there, but couldn't. is it possible to get up there, and how?
    2. above the entrance to Old Town there is a crate suspended on chains. how do I get up there? push the barrel & mantle. getting down safely is more difficult.
    3. i can't find the note for the ring, or the ring itself. specific clues, please?
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 2nd Nov 2009 at 03:59. Reason: answered one question, asked another

@ MrMunkeepants:

1. above the swamp on the way to the city gate, there is a structure that looks like a fort. i tried jumping the planks up there, but couldn't. is it possible to get up there, and how?

There is nothing up there. You can get there by some very nimble and tricky climbing and jumping but it's probably a lot to go through unless you just have to scratch that itch.

2. above the entrance to Old Town there is a crate suspended on chains. how do I get up there?

Just past that crate is a barrel. Move the barrel and use it to climb up.

Clearinghouse
    I've did only two optional objectives (pocket watch and Anastasia's ring) but I can't find information.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Next to the entrance to old town on Laminum Street there is a barrel and some crates. Climb up.
    As I said before, I climbed there and found no key (only diary and purse). Where exactly should it be?

bukary - look closely at the skeleton's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    bukary - look closely at the skeleton's hands.
    What skeleton? There's no skleleton there. Only diary and purse. We are talking about the attic close to that hanged crate in the old town, right? I am more and more confused.

Clearinghouse
    bukary, you need climb up near the hidden entrance into old town.

@ bukary - It is not in old town. It is across from the bird statue on Laminum Street near the entrance to the passage that leads to old town.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast