TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 102

Thread: [Dark Mod FM] Patently Dangerous (Oct./31/09)

  1. #26
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2001
    That was a great moment indeed. Not too often you get a moment like that in gaming.

  2. #27
    Desperately dodgy geezer
    Registered: Nov 2001
    Location: The Wailing Keep
    I've progressed now with the hint from Leatherman, but unfortunately I've hit a problem. I got to the workshop and took care of that, went out the window by the mushrooms and pilfered the bedroom above where I started (sorry, forget the guy's name). When I went back outside on the patio, I climbed on the chair to try and jump across to the awning above Soren's south door, quicksaved, and then realized I was hopelessly stuck in the chair, or the wall, I'm not sure which. I reloaded and was still stuck, and on the third reload the game crashed. Unfortunately, I had done nothing but quicksaves since getting into Benson's, so I have a bit to replay. But aside from that, I'm loving this mission! Soren's poor wife, too... at first I thought the bastard had killed her, until I read the note.

  3. #28
    Moderator
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: NeoTokyo
    Yeah, the player sometimes clips into objects and gets stuck (so it's the chair). I put player clip around the worst culprits, but sometimes you hit just the right angle on an object and it can happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I've progressed now with the hint from Leatherman ... Soren's poor wife, too... at first I thought the bastard had killed her, until I read the note.
    Although did you notice that the handwriting of that note is quite different from her letter in the living room (which was also missing its P.S. when she got back from meeting Crattick) ... Was that different handwriting from emotion or from another hand? There's supposed to be a little mystery left there.
    Last edited by demagogue; 1st Nov 2009 at 00:23.

  4. #29
    jtr7
    Guest
    Patently terrific!

  5. #30
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2005
    Location: in here
    Another TDM masterpiece bravo!

  6. #31
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2001

    I'm sitting here typing away, watching Leatherman play this again, and he is in the warehouse, and the door busts open, and he jumps a mile high! Out runs cradick. LMAO. He looks at me, and scoffs, that scared the shit out of me, he says. Not like he hasn't played it before, hahahahahaha.

  7. #32
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2002
    Location: Dallas
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    I'm sitting here typing away, watching Leatherman play this again, and he is in the warehouse, and the door busts open, and he jumps a mile high! Out runs cradick. LMAO. He looks at me, and scoffs, that scared the shit out of me, he says. Not like he hasn't played it before, hahahahahaha.
    Hey now! Truth be known, that door never opened like that before, so I was taken completely off guard. I think I broke something due to testing quicksaves and sounds (trying to reproduce the errors demagogue experienced), and the timing was off. At any rate, it was a good scare!

  8. #33
    Moderator
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: NeoTokyo
    Quote Originally Posted by LeatherMan View Post
    Hey now! Truth be known, that door never opened like that before, so I was taken completely off guard. I think I broke something due to testing quicksaves and sounds (trying to reproduce the errors demagogue experienced), and the timing was off. At any rate, it was a good scare!
    Nope, nothing's broke. His attacks vary for exactly this sneaky reason.
    (edit: If you find out how, I recommend you don't post it, so that the uncertainty remains for others. Not knowing what to expect is what makes it fun.)
    Last edited by demagogue; 1st Nov 2009 at 04:31.

  9. #34
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2002
    Location: Dallas
    Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    Nope, nothing's broke. His attacks vary for exactly this sneaky reason.
    (edit: If you find out how, I recommend you don't post it, so that the uncertainty remains for others. Not knowing what to expect is what makes it fun.)
    You bastard!



  10. #35
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2001
    Location: cesspool
    Damn, pretty surprising, I wasn't expecting a new TDM FM so soon
    Now I have to wait until it's dark here.

  11. #36
    Member
    Registered: May 2005
    Finished and enjoyed this little mission. Thanks! Now I wait for a real large mission for TDM .

  12. #37
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2009
    Thank you very much for taking the time to make this downloading it now looking forward to playing it

  13. #38
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2002
    Location: ColoRADo
    Sound issues:

    If anyone has issues with ambient sounds being too quiet or too loud:

    I have a soundblaster x-fi gamer. The ambient music was extremely loud for me to the point of being intolerable (also on an FM I'm working on, not a mission thing). When I turned down the volume in the creative sound panel I was able to find a happy medium between footsteps/voices and music ambients. (Adjust SFX volume in game)
    Might take a few tries to tweak just right but it's worth it.

  14. #39
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2005
    Location: in here
    In the warehouse when that guy jumped out from the door I panicked (had the sword drawn instinctively from the ambient music ) and pressed the action button accidentally. The result was a side hit to the head with lots of blood and a one hit kill. I didn't know that if you aim someone head you could take him out just like that

  15. #40
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2001
    On my end, the sounds and ambient have been too quiet. Hah, good one Kin, isn't that the coolest when something like that does happen!

  16. #41
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2001
    Location: Some blue planet
    Thanks Schwaa2. The ambient sound made my subwoofer sound like a freight train at one point. I'll have to check out my card settings.

    I missed out on a bit of the terror since I found the gas arrow and had it ready in the warehouse. The psycho took two steps toward me and started to say something and found himself sleeping like a baby. Almost wished I didn't have it, but I haven't even done the combat tutorial stuff yet and would probably have become another victim.

    Overall had a blast with the cool places to explore. I think I've finally gotten used to TDM blackjacking system.

  17. #42
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2006
    Location: Stuttgart, Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    Thanks Schwaa2. The ambient sound made my subwoofer sound like a freight train at one point. I'll have to check out my card settings.

    I missed out on a bit of the terror since I found the gas arrow and had it ready in the warehouse. The psycho took two steps toward me and started to say something and found himself sleeping like a baby. Almost wished I didn't have it, but I haven't even done the combat tutorial stuff yet and would probably have become another victim.

    Overall had a blast with the cool places to explore. I think I've finally gotten used to TDM blackjacking system.
    There is a
    spoiler:
    gas arrow
    somewhere? Where?

  18. #43
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2001
    Location: Some blue planet
    Quote Originally Posted by fraten View Post
    There is a
    spoiler:
    gas arrow
    somewhere? Where?
    Outside Damuddy's windows upstairs there's a walkway you can mantle onto that leads to it.

  19. #44
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2003
    Location: Rome, Italy

    I'm happy!

    This is an amazing news!

    I'm downloading the mission.

    Thanks for the Gift, for now!

    => TDM RULEZ!

  20. #45
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    In the warehouse when that guy jumped out from the door I panicked (had the sword drawn instinctively from the ambient music ) and pressed the action button accidentally. The result was a side hit to the head with lots of blood and a one hit kill. I didn't know that if you aim someone head you could take him out just like that
    It's possible to "backstab" people and kill them with one hit, if they are not alerted. You must have freaked out and hit him before he realized that you were there.

  21. #46
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2004
    Very nice mission, and a great storyline....

    To the people asking why it was a bit linear.....If you are going to tell story in one map, then what you do has to be linear so people can follow the story...

  22. #47
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2003

    NOT WORKING

    I cannot get this to work, cannot install updater I have Doom 3 patched ok . put a new folder darkmod on its own in it. or should it go in doom3 or doom3 ded which is also in there? downloaded zip, unzipped to darkmod click on updater a small window opens and closes to fast for me to read then nothing.I have vista with user account off any help please

  23. #48
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2007
    Location: nrthmptn, uk
    excellent mission demagogue! loved it.

  24. #49
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2002
    Location: Dallas
    Quote Originally Posted by YONTY View Post
    I cannot get this to work, cannot install updater I have Doom 3 patched ok . put a new folder darkmod on its own in it. or should it go in doom3 or doom3 ded which is also in there? downloaded zip, unzipped to darkmod click on updater a small window opens and closes to fast for me to read then nothing.I have vista with user account off any help please
    See if this solution helps. Just remember to substitute your username where necessary.

  25. #50
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by LeatherMan View Post
    See if this solution helps. Just remember to substitute your username where necessary.
    Cannot find file I presume I put my user name on computer where its got user but my problem is not quite the same I cannot even get the updater to work.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •