TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Dark Mod FM] Patently Dangerous (Oct./31/09)

That was a great moment indeed. Not too often you get a moment like that in gaming.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I've progressed now with the hint from Leatherman, but unfortunately I've hit a problem. I got to the workshop and took care of that, went out the window by the mushrooms and pilfered the bedroom above where I started (sorry, forget the guy's name). When I went back outside on the patio, I climbed on the chair to try and jump across to the awning above Soren's south door, quicksaved, and then realized I was hopelessly stuck in the chair, or the wall, I'm not sure which. I reloaded and was still stuck, and on the third reload the game crashed. Unfortunately, I had done nothing but quicksaves since getting into Benson's, so I have a bit to replay. But aside from that, I'm loving this mission! Soren's poor wife, too... at first I thought the bastard had killed her, until I read the note.

Yeah, the player sometimes clips into objects and gets stuck (so it's the chair). I put player clip around the worst culprits, but sometimes you hit just the right angle on an object and it can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I've progressed now with the hint from Leatherman ... Soren's poor wife, too... at first I thought the bastard had killed her, until I read the note.
    Although did you notice that the handwriting of that note is quite different from her letter in the living room (which was also missing its P.S. when she got back from meeting Crattick) ... Was that different handwriting from emotion or from another hand? There's supposed to be a little mystery left there.
    Last edited by demagogue; 1st Nov 2009 at 00:23.

jtr7
    Patently terrific!

Another TDM masterpiece bravo!

I'm sitting here typing away, watching Leatherman play this again, and he is in the warehouse, and the door busts open, and he jumps a mile high! Out runs cradick. LMAO. He looks at me, and scoffs, that scared the shit out of me, he says. Not like he hasn't played it before, hahahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    I'm sitting here typing away, watching Leatherman play this again, and he is in the warehouse, and the door busts open, and he jumps a mile high! Out runs cradick. LMAO. He looks at me, and scoffs, that scared the shit out of me, he says. Not like he hasn't played it before, hahahahahaha.
    Hey now! Truth be known, that door never opened like that before, so I was taken completely off guard. I think I broke something due to testing quicksaves and sounds (trying to reproduce the errors demagogue experienced), and the timing was off. At any rate, it was a good scare!

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherMan View Post
    Hey now! Truth be known, that door never opened like that before, so I was taken completely off guard. I think I broke something due to testing quicksaves and sounds (trying to reproduce the errors demagogue experienced), and the timing was off. At any rate, it was a good scare!
    Nope, nothing's broke. His attacks vary for exactly this sneaky reason.
    (edit: If you find out how, I recommend you don't post it, so that the uncertainty remains for others. Not knowing what to expect is what makes it fun.)
    Last edited by demagogue; 1st Nov 2009 at 04:31.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    Nope, nothing's broke. His attacks vary for exactly this sneaky reason.
    (edit: If you find out how, I recommend you don't post it, so that the uncertainty remains for others. Not knowing what to expect is what makes it fun.)
    You bastard!

Damn, pretty surprising, I wasn't expecting a new TDM FM so soon
    Now I have to wait until it's dark here.

Finished and enjoyed this little mission. Thanks! Now I wait for a real large mission for TDM .

Thank you very much for taking the time to make this downloading it now looking forward to playing it

Sound issues:

If anyone has issues with ambient sounds being too quiet or too loud:

I have a soundblaster x-fi gamer. The ambient music was extremely loud for me to the point of being intolerable (also on an FM I'm working on, not a mission thing). When I turned down the volume in the creative sound panel I was able to find a happy medium between footsteps/voices and music ambients. (Adjust SFX volume in game)
    Might take a few tries to tweak just right but it's worth it.

In the warehouse when that guy jumped out from the door I panicked (had the sword drawn instinctively from the ambient music ) and pressed the action button accidentally. The result was a side hit to the head with lots of blood and a one hit kill. I didn't know that if you aim someone head you could take him out just like that

On my end, the sounds and ambient have been too quiet. Hah, good one Kin, isn't that the coolest when something like that does happen!

Thanks Schwaa2. The ambient sound made my subwoofer sound like a freight train at one point. I'll have to check out my card settings.

I missed out on a bit of the terror since I found the gas arrow and had it ready in the warehouse. The psycho took two steps toward me and started to say something and found himself sleeping like a baby. Almost wished I didn't have it, but I haven't even done the combat tutorial stuff yet and would probably have become another victim.

Overall had a blast with the cool places to explore. I think I've finally gotten used to TDM blackjacking system.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    Thanks Schwaa2. The ambient sound made my subwoofer sound like a freight train at one point. I'll have to check out my card settings.

I missed out on a bit of the terror since I found the gas arrow and had it ready in the warehouse. The psycho took two steps toward me and started to say something and found himself sleeping like a baby. Almost wished I didn't have it, but I haven't even done the combat tutorial stuff yet and would probably have become another victim.

Overall had a blast with the cool places to explore. I think I've finally gotten used to TDM blackjacking system.
    There is a
    spoiler:
    gas arrow
    somewhere? Where?

Quote Originally Posted by fraten View Post
    There is a
    spoiler:
    gas arrow
    somewhere? Where?
    Outside Damuddy's windows upstairs there's a walkway you can mantle onto that leads to it.

I'm happy!

This is an amazing news!

I'm downloading the mission.

Thanks for the Gift, for now!

=> TDM RULEZ!

Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    In the warehouse when that guy jumped out from the door I panicked (had the sword drawn instinctively from the ambient music ) and pressed the action button accidentally. The result was a side hit to the head with lots of blood and a one hit kill. I didn't know that if you aim someone head you could take him out just like that
    It's possible to "backstab" people and kill them with one hit, if they are not alerted. You must have freaked out and hit him before he realized that you were there.

Very nice mission, and a great storyline....

To the people asking why it was a bit linear.....If you are going to tell story in one map, then what you do has to be linear so people can follow the story...

NOT WORKING

I cannot get this to work, cannot install updater I have Doom 3 patched ok . put a new folder darkmod on its own in it. or should it go in doom3 or doom3 ded which is also in there? downloaded zip, unzipped to darkmod click on updater a small window opens and closes to fast for me to read then nothing.I have vista with user account off any help please

excellent mission demagogue! loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by YONTY View Post
    I cannot get this to work, cannot install updater I have Doom 3 patched ok . put a new folder darkmod on its own in it. or should it go in doom3 or doom3 ded which is also in there? downloaded zip, unzipped to darkmod click on updater a small window opens and closes to fast for me to read then nothing.I have vista with user account off any help please
    See if this solution helps. Just remember to substitute your username where necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherMan View Post
    See if this solution helps. Just remember to substitute your username where necessary.
    Cannot find file I presume I put my user name on computer where its got user but my problem is not quite the same I cannot even get the updater to work.