TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516212631 ... LastLast

Thread: T2FM: Saturnine's Rose Cottage (10-31-09)

Clearinghouse
    Just finished. Excellent, fantastic, beautiful mission with awesome atmosphere
    Shadow Creepr, can you PM me with the list of the cards? Please.

GLWHALEN

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the information on the ddfixG patch

The resolution is a lot bigger & the color depth is so much better. The best part is I don't have to start task manager anymore & set affinity

YOUR THE BEST !!!

Just wish I could figure out how to get Rose Cottage to work. I'm glad "Bonds of Mine" came along until that happens

Quote Originally Posted by caffeinatedzombeh View Post
    Not that I'm trying to encourage you to drive yourself mad again making another one (I know the last couple of weeks must have been pretty stressful trying to get everything just right) but that's more or less what you said last time.
    Once a builder, always a builder. Maybe he should try his hand at Dark Radiant. Easier to use, I can only imagine what he could produce with that.

I have two questions. Don't know if they need to be spoilered but just in case:

1. I got all the cards and placed them on the board but I don't know what, if anything, is supposed to happen. The bonus objective says "x marks the spot" and I wandered around looking for anything new I could find but no luck. Is there something?

2. I don't quite understand the name "Rose Cottage". The only referrence to it that I can find in the mission is the picture on the wall in the upstairs bedroom. Is there some significance to the name that I've missed?

Quote Originally Posted by qolelis View Post
    I always and only get that when I look in the direction of the moon and the moon is within screen borders. The bug appears even if the moon is hidden behind something else (terrain or object).

I got the same bug in Mission X, but I don't remember now if and how it was fixed. I do have vague memories of re-installing the mission in a fresh Thief-install, so that might have been it. I'll try it when I get home.
    Yep, a fresh install fixed it (I created a dedicated Thief-folder and unzipped Rose Cottage into this new folder).

Edit:
    I have now replaced the Thief-folder that DarkLoader uses with a fresh one and everything is okay. I wasn't able to pinpoint the exact cause, but there was probably some leftover file from something else (another FM for example) that caused it.
    Last edited by qolelis; 2nd Nov 2009 at 16:56.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    I have two questions. Don't know if they need to be spoilered but just in case:

1. I got all the cards and placed them on the board but I don't know what, if anything, is supposed to happen. The bonus objective says "x marks the spot" and I wandered around looking for anything new I could find but no luck. Is there something?

2. I don't quite understand the name "Rose Cottage". The only referrence to it that I can find in the mission is the picture on the wall in the upstairs bedroom. Is there some significance to the name that I've missed?
    1. Yes, there is something, and it has an X on it. You'll kick yourself for missing it when you find it.

2. Search for "rose cottage" on Wikipedia (look in particular at the euphemism section) and you'll understand how it fits, and also why Caitlin made that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    1. The bonus objective says "x marks the spot" and I wandered around looking for anything new I could find but no luck. Is there something?
    Yes - go into the cemetery, and look at the graves in the ground to the left side of the entrance to the crypt area. You'll find an X on one...

Thanks to you both.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Search for "rose cottage" on Wikipedia (look in particular at the euphemism section) and you'll understand how it fits, and also why Caitlin made that picture.
    Ah, I see now. Pretty cool. Thanks for that.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Not being British, I also wasn't familiar with the phrase until working on this mission.

haha, I'm discovering new things every time I come back to it

this time, the lechuck doorbell chime

I found it as well, lovely sounding isn't it? I must of pushed that a half a dozen times.

Quote Originally Posted by bukary View Post
    What are your system specs?

Arr. . I used to have a program that told me all these details, but it got wiped. Anyway, what I've been able to find on it's processer is that it's an Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7700 @2.40GHz

The video card is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 XT

Oh, and I suppose it would be important to mention that my computer is actually a MAC OS Leoppard desktop upon which I run Windows XP Professional.

I'm just under an hour into this one and I've got to say what an awesome house. It looks so real with the incredible attention to architectural detail, the furnishings and fixtures, even the artwork.

I'm almost convinced there's a real house somewhere that served as the inspiration.

Also, I think I need clean underwear.

Saturnine, you are one sick, brilliant, Lovecraftian genius.

Sat, that was just way cooler than the country cottage covered in roses I originally thought it was going to be! (Though I see you worked that idea into one of the drawings after all!!)

Thank you so much for this unnerving and creepy gift of Halloween! It was the best-looking and spookiest mission I've ever played. I sat through that intro movie 4 times before I even started playing. Just...wow! If this is truly your last DromEd mission, a most heartfelt thank you!!

(And your daughter definitely earned another trip to Disneyland Paris for that excellent artwork! Her drawings MADE this mission the spookfest it is!!)

Saturnine
    Thanks guys

I just wanted to thank the people who helped again with a more specific list of who actually did what, so here goes:

Digital Nightfall: help with room brushing and helped keep the project alive when I'd all but given up

Sluggs: door latch model and autopsy room door model

Shadowspawn: made my broken clock work!

R Soul: reel to reel tape player object

Nameless Voice: U.V. light system

Purah: Introduction text

Shimonhead: for tracking Purah down!

Elentarien : As 'Ellen' -"Behiiiiiiind you!"

Lizanneh: As 'Lizanne' -"Hello? is someone there?"

CaffeinatedZombeh: lots o' objects and textures

Slyfoxx: Crypt tunnels and vault architecture, playtesting all round good guy!

Yandros: A LOT of help in MANY areas! this guy is a god!

And my awesome testing team, the best testing team EVAR! (not counting the cemetery wall you bastards! )

BrokenArts
    Shadow Creepr
    Nightwalker
    Nickie
    Peter Smith

These guys went way above the call of duty during the project taking on lots of tasks and really helping to get this done, amazing team.
    At one point they were even colouring in the tarot cards in photoshop while I was getting on with other things!

I can imagine them now concentrating on staying in the lines with their tongues sticking out!

Bikerdudes next Thief meet only needs a big table and some crayons and the taffers will be sorted for hours!

And finally my daughter Abbey for all the horrific drawings!

Sincere thanks to everyone

Finished. Total time 6:15, Taro cards found 14 of 21.

First of all, it's the most beautiful, and graphically and architecturally detailed T2 FM for now, no doubt about it. Congratulations with the record
    Virtually every screenshot of the mission looks outstanding with never-seen-before-on-T1/2-engine number and quality of details. The intro movie is a masterpiece too of course.

As for the gameplay, it was very nice adventure with very nice spooky scripts , really memorable. I would prefer it to be much harder though, riddle-wise and fighting/sneaking-wise. Also, low replayability always has been a downside of the adventures, it's true in this case too.

After all that said, for its graphics/architecture/presentation/atmosphere achievements this mission now honorably enters my (quite short) list of the "bestest" T1/T2 FMs, and stands right next to CC, CL, MX, Broken Triad and the likes.

=========================

Now I have some questions:

1) Edit: Don't mind (Why the mission is called Rose Cottage? Just after the girl's picture?)

2) Who or what I could pickpocket? (Statistics showed 0 of 1)

3) What's behind the non-frobable door in one of the bedrooms and how it's opened? (Tarot cards?)

4) Does the mission have some hidden/optional objectives?

5) What so special the girl knew, except that the house was haunted? (A journal hinted she knew something more than that)

6) Am I right thinking that one of the ghosts killed the assistant?

7) What became with the three successfully revived thieves? (the list found in the wine cellar)

PS: Someone, please PM me the list of the cards too.
    Last edited by 242; 2nd Nov 2009 at 16:36.

Tell your daughter thanks for me as well. Those drawings are great!

I did it! I got rid of all the ghosts!
    Now all I need to do is find the rest of the tarot cards. Well, onto the crypt and cemetary! One question, though, what was up with that severed head in the attic?

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnine View Post
    (not counting the cemetery wall you bastards!)
    >.]

Quote Originally Posted by 242 View Post
    1) Why the mission is called Rose Cottage? Just after the girl's picture?
    Look it up on Wikipedia, as Yandros said.

2) Who or what I could pickpocket? (Statistics showed 0 of 1)
    I'd say that's just the well-known pickpocket bug that affects most T2 missions.

4) Does the mission have some hidden/optional objectives?
    Finding all the Tarot cards.

6) Am I right thinking that one of the ghosts killed the assistant?
    I thought that he just accidentally fell down the stairs, but I'd like to know the answer to this too.

7) What became with the three successfully revived thieves? (the list found in the wine cellar)
    They were probably test subjects. Not that the last five names on the list are not labelled as "revived".

Saturnine
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptSyn View Post
    I'm almost convinced there's a real house somewhere that served as the inspiration
    There were FOUR houses that I used for inspiration!

The Psycho house

The Munsters house

The Addams family house

The Disneyland Phantom Manor

You can see parts of each one on my house
    Last edited by Saturnine; 5th Nov 2010 at 05:25.

Haven't read through all posts.. so this question might be a repeat.
    Is there anything to benefit from collecting all the cards?

(I only found 5 on my first play trough)

I think I may need a PM for the list of tarot cards as well. So far, I'm missing cards 1,3,5,6,9,12,14,15,16 and 19.

Oh. . also, what was up with that severed head in the attic? Seriously!

PM sent to Lady Taffer and Clearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnine View Post
    There were FOUR houses that I used for inspiration!

You can see parts of each one on my house
    and you did a masterpiece.
    I absolutely love that house. It's simply a dream !

my compliments.

Thanks, Nightwalker!

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516212631 ... LastLast