TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212631 ... LastLast

Thread: T2FM: Saturnine's Rose Cottage (10-31-09)

Um... where's the locker combination?

on the ouija board

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    There´s a better solution, somewhere in the mission readable write:

"game: Thief 2 TMA"

Sensut told me to do it this way, and it worked

I´m loving this mission b.t.w. Impressive Mansion, never seen a mansion so detailed, so rich and so well worked like this one.
    Thank you for sharing. I will try this later, too. Now I'm playing it with DarkLoader. It's a disturbing mission, in a good way.

This mission starts out great and scary but later on feels more like a key hunt where you are trapped inside a pretty cage waiting for it to finally end. Overall it's a wonderful mission but looses something near the end.

Has anyone noticed that you can crouch "through" the mansion entrance gates without opening them? I found this out by trying to see whats underneath the fog on the ground and went past the exit/entrance gates ...don't ask me why i was doing what i did...

it woul really suck if an aware player were to crouch and slowly edge up on the gates and suddenly go through it without opening them...ruining one of the best moments in the fm

okay,

all done. but i am wondering too, if the granddaughter is still alive - just who the heck was the little girl spirit???

also:

can i have a pm with the card locations too please! thanx!!!

Still missing cards 9 and 19. Spoil me cause I'm searching for over 2 hours now.
    Last edited by Snakebite; 5th Nov 2009 at 09:59.

THEY ASKED YOU NOT POST THEM!!! Thats up to Saturnine to say when.

All I saw is that they asked the testers.
    I deleted them. I'm sorry but I didnt noticed that

Thats ok. TY for taking them down. Appreciate it.

Least I can do

I think Saturnine actually said that he didn't want the betatesters helping out. I don't think there's any taboo about people posting cards that they've found themselves. Anyone who's had the list sent to them should NOT post it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Kaloian, email me your save game (ZIP it first) and I'll make it frobbable for you.
    Thank you very much for your generous offer to fix my safe game. I just emailed it to you. I will love to see the ending of this marvelous mission.

Thanks for the PM Nightwalker. If I just play this and CoSaS 3 before hanging T2 up for good, I will be quite happy. Through no fault of the current batch of authors I was just finding Thief old, boring, and ugly . Playing the game was becoming so easy and boring that missions were trying to compensate with key hunts or elaborate puzzles, neither of which appeal to me. Trying to recapture the terror I felt the very first time upon hearing those haunt chains coming after me or the awe at climbling those first roof tops, I thought lost. This mission was like playing Thief for the first time again . Thanks again saturnine for a job well done. I certainly hope you will be taking a look at TDM .

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    THEY ASKED YOU NOT POST THEM!!! Thats up to Saturnine to say when.
    This attitude about no one sharing any information with each other is pretty ass-backwards for a mission help thread.

It was just a little missunderstanding. Let's forget about this.

I figured out how to kill the
    spoiler:
    ghosts by leading them over the holy water myself, but when I tried it in the mission it didn't work. After reading here that that is how you are supposed to kill them, I tried again and led one over it 5 or 6 times, but the water dried up instead of the ghost dying. Now there's no way to get more holy water or kill the ghosts.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    What do you mean by the water dried up? That shouldn't happen and we never saw it in testing.

I reloaded my game and found a ghost, then started leading him through the holy water puddle over and over. After about the 4th time the puddle just disappeared off the floor and he was still there. I was confused and kept looking at where it had been and picked up a bottle that I had thrown into it at one point trying to figure out how it was supposed to work, the puddle was completely gone and the fountain was still tipped over and unfrobbable.

Card locations

can i have a pm with the card locations too please! thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    This attitude about no one sharing any information with each other is pretty ass-backwards for a mission help thread.
    SneakyJack, I did not say we wouldn't SHARE them, I said not to post them, big difference. People have been sharing all along regardless, many PM's have been sent by a few of us around here. Saturnine wanted people to find as many as they could before it was made known. Big difference.

sister renee, you'll need to email me so I can send them to you. You don't appear to be able to receive PMs yet and you don't show your email address. You can find mine in my profile in the contacts section.

I think there's a bit of confusion around these tarot cards. There are plenty of posts here already, BA, that mention card locations. I left them in place as it was my understanding that Saturnine just wanted the players to have fun locating them themselves without being spoiled with a list compiled by the testers. I don't think he had a problem with players posting the locations of cards they had found themselves.

Completed - an ejoyable mission, nice to see something a bit different being tried.

Got most of the cards, but still missing four of them (#s 1, 8, 14 and 18). Any help welcome on these.

Arondil, I PMed you.

Confusion ended. :-) There have been more PM's sent than given away card locations, but, anyway. Sneaky misunderstood what I was getting at as well. All my years on here, I've never denied anyone help.

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212631 ... LastLast