TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 611161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast

Thread: T2FM: Saturnine's Rose Cottage (10-31-09)

Quote Originally Posted by Zontik View Post
    "X marks the spot" sentence was one of your main clues in the first game from series[/SPOIL]
    I thought that was Part 3. (Where they rewrote Shakespeare)

This series is known of self-quoting...

Can't find cards 7, 10, 15, 16

Please help me to find cards 7, 10, 15, 16.

Please tell me just in what room I have to search, not the exact place.
    It's very interesting to do it by myself, but obviously I missed something while 3 circles on the map.

Places where I couldn't find cards - I suspect them more than others:

- morgue
    - Lady's bedroom (with the dress on the dummy)
    - lower crypt with torches, below twisted stairs
    - cemetary yard
    - crypt with fountain

Thank you.

Also, is there a full cards list anywhere?
    I presume it was not published yet since people keep asking in this thread.

And - great respect to the Rose Cottage Team!
    Thank uo so much for every second of this gameplay.

PM sent sh_b.

I am missing one ghost: found one in the morgue, the other in front of the oven, the third in the attic, and the fourth in the cemetery. Any hint about the last one?

Quote Originally Posted by R_G View Post
    I am missing one ghost: found one in the morgue, the other in front of the oven, the third in the attic, and the fourth in the cemetery. Any hint about the last one?
    He's in the crypt behind cemetary yard. If you haven't found the way to get there yet, look carefully on the tomb in the alcove at the yard's end opposite to gates with catafalques

theres one stading:

Quote Originally Posted by R_G View Post
    standing in front of a fountain in the crypt area next to the cemetary
    (must be the idiot savant of "The Five" since he is so utterly entranced by the water!) ha ha!

sh_b - u type faster than me!

Ohhhh, a new FM from Saturnine, wow!

Sorry I'm a little late to the party but I've been busy doing other things and got an email from another thread I had posted in awhile back but a new question was asked and thought I would check it out just for drill. Then I started mosing err casing the joint around to see what was up. Then my eyes came upon this thread and I was thoughly amazed to see he'd done it again after so long amis!

I don't have T2 installed in this machine (it may be coming to that, that's another story) so I was going to download ver. that didn't require game to play. But much to my regret, it required .rar prog to open which I also do not have in this machine. So I went to "the Tube" to see it, then because I have RealPlayer I can download vid's into it...ha ha ha!!! Therefore, I can watch it in full screen, etc. It was a fantastic opening...amazing work from all team members...just first class stuff!!!

Last but not least..thank you very much Saturnine for your release to our Thief community again. Simply wonderful!

Tarot Cards

Could I have a pm for the cards please?

Can we just finally please post the list?

CARD LIST

Per permission of Saturnine the list of Tarot card locations. DO NOT read if you don't want to spoil the locations:

1: Right side of the tank on the toilet (Magician)
    2: Behind the ship model in dining room (High Priestess)
    3: Behind Thomas' group photograph in study (Empress)
    4: Under round rug at dining room entrance (Emperor)
    5: Subsided tunnels next to coffin embedded in wall on the right (Hierophant)
    6: In the library stacks, bookcase to your left, 5th shelf (Love)
    7: On top of hourglass at the top of the spiral staircase at crypt exit (Chariot)
    8: Behind Thomas' bell pull in bedroom with safe (Justice)
    9: On beam above crematorium (douse fire for access)(Hermit)
    10: In lab scales in morgue autopsy room (Wheel of Fortune)
    11: In the dolls house located in the right side of the attic (Strength)
    12: In kitchen near left side of oven, behind cupboard (Hanged Man)
    13: Behind thieves in chapel (only available at the end) (Death)
    14: On top of the center of the circle crypt beyond tunnels (Temperance)
    15: In gated tomb (14th one) on the upper level, circle crypt beyond tunnels (Devil)
    16: In conservatory under plant pot (Tower)
    17: Behind Caitlins painting canvas, her bedroom (The Star)
    18: Behind 3rd shutter on veranda roof (Moon)
    19: Above the arch in the well accessed from outdoor fountain (The Sun)
    20: With the treasure in Caitlin's secret hiding spot (Judgement)

Card 21- World - is already on the board at the start

Arcane 0 (or 22)

Assuming that there are only 21 of 22 Great Arkanes of Tarot cards in game, I'm pretty sure that Arcane #0 (or 22, you decide) which is The Joker, or, as I like to think, The Fool, is the Player himself.

Or may be I'm just thinking too much

Update: after getting "reward", I'm just more certain of this )))
    Last edited by sh_b; 11th Nov 2009 at 04:15.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH, the number of times #6 must have been in front of my nose and I missed it every d*mn time!

beautiful mission

I played with the lights on as I discovered I am a fraidy cat

I have to say the place looks a lot less creepy when you turn all of the lights on

thank you for this work of art

The whole song! Some interesting live versions too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QDons2iDPk

Does anyone else think Rose Cottage is actually easier on the expert setting?

I'm not going to give my reasoning behind this, I'd prefer to get some input first.

ps, thaks GS, glad you liked it!

Desperately dodgy geezer
    No. Aside from the usual health shield differences, the three difficulty levels are perfectly identical.

I also was looking for the Fool card and sad that I couldn't find it. My only experience with the collection of Tarot characters was with the old game Fool's Errand so it is my favourite!

Quote Originally Posted by silsor View Post
    My only experience with the collection of Tarot characters was with the old game Fool's Errand so it is my favourite!
    Ha, for the same reason I rather dislike the High Priestess card.

In game, we all got to chose a place to put one of the tarot cards. That was fun, walking around deciding where to put it. Mine was the scales in the morgue. My favorite place. Wheel of fortune card no less!!

Yandros,

You don't think it was easier to get the haunts to chase you on expert?

I'd like to thank whoever chose the beams above the crematorium

I wanted to say thanks to Saturnine and all those who participated in this fine creation...

The imagery was beautiful and I loved the attention to detail.

The tension and mystery were well orchestrated in the beginning but then it seemed to taper off during the middle. Although my mind was still intrigued by the key puzzling, it took on a different tone once the tension had diminished...twas more one-dimensional in feel, yet not of mind.

The sound design was brilliantly done and really enhanced the overall experience.

Again, a great effort...

Some constructive criticism

I felt that there were a lot of areas in this mission that were excellent because of tightly focused design, but there were also some areas that suffered from lack of focus. As examples of tightly focused design I would give the appearance of the Rose Cottage from the first gate, and all of the innermost rooms of the house (the study, bedrooms, library, etc.) except the landing above the dining room.

But it felt like a lot of areas in the mission were sprawled out without any specific design in mind, just filling empty spaces that were maybe too big to begin with. For example, the corridors and rooms in the morgue were big boxes filled with repetitive shelves and floor tiles, but there were really only one or two things to do in the whole building. The attic felt like a warehouse from Shipping & Receiving, and I thought that the only reason for it to be so large was that there was a big house underneath.

The main graveyard felt about right in terms of size, but I thought that maybe the two underground crypts were hollowed out first and detailed later despite being too big.

Sorry if I give the impression that I don't like the mission, I loved it and it's better than 95% of others that I've played.

Maybe it was not wrong to make morgue's rooms empty and similar. It these rooms you feel yourself so... mortal. Maybe it was even intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by northeast View Post
    Can someone send me that tarot card list? I'm missing three on the third row and my eyes are too sore to continue the hunt.

There is a spiral staircase in that room. Take it up and into the room at the top. Outside you can access the house again. There is also another door up top to access the cemetery.

The shovel breaks into the catacombs in the cemetery area. Frob a highlighted stone with the shovel.
    Alright, ive found all the haunt thieves, i must now put them to permanent rest, i should i do it (playing on easy mode) , i guess i get stuck everytime a progress in something, the cemetary and the catacombs are amazing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by silsor View Post
    The attic felt like a warehouse from Shipping & Receiving, and I thought that the only reason for it to be so large was that there was a big house underneath.
    Um, attics are generally the same size as the house underneath. That's realistic.

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 611161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast