TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456781318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: T2FM: Saturnine's Rose Cottage (10-31-09)

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    How do I "tell" GL to do that?
    After downloading Rose Cottage to my FM folder, I opened GL and I got a message asking me if Rose Cottage was a T2 FM. I clicked on "yes" and it worked fine.

I have put the stand alone intro movie on the original post. This does not require the game to play it.

I'm just curious what's up with The Circle, The Keep, and CheapThief . It seems they seldom ever get updated and we have to waddle around TTLG and TDM forums to get download links. I guess I should add Southquarter to my bookmarks toolbar

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    Please do NOT post screenshots of this mission.

This is at Saturnine's request as he wants everyone to get the full effect of the mission as it was planned. Enjoy!
    Which is quite the 180 degree turnaround from being asked to supply stunning screenshots for the missions release to now being told to not post any.

Ant any rate, a fantastic mission all around and probably one of the best looking missions I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by bdkl View Post
    I'm just curious what's up with The Circle, The Keep, and CheapThief . It seems they seldom ever get updated and we have to waddle around TTLG and TDM forums to get download links. I guess I should add Southquarter to my bookmarks toolbar
    They're probably all either playing the game or out in the streets dressed like thieves and scaring the shit out of people. It's the one day in year when (at least the americans) can do it legally

The loft key in the safe (which I have no idea how I managed to open btw) keeps jumping back to the safe when I close and open the safe door.
    Maybe this is by design.
    Great mission.

Moderator and Priest
    I can understand why he's requested no screenshots. I got that little glimpse earlier, and now I'm feeling that some of the initial wonder and awe may have been blunted a bit.

I'm not saying the shots ruined it completely for me, but seeing it all fresh without any prior expectations would've been a nice little experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Hertzman View Post
    Maybe this is by design.
    Great mission.
    No, that's a bug.

None of us did than in testing

For anyone not wanting to read the spoiler text to see what the bug is, don't worry you are exceedingly unlikely to encounter that and it doesn't really affect anything very much.

bikerdude
    NO WAY....DUDE, Sats YOU RELEASED IT....

oh man, well done...!!!
    Last edited by bikerdude; 2nd Nov 2009 at 07:52.

I need a hint:

I know what the numbers are and I already have a hair pin. What now? I pushed the numbers on the board and safe is now frobbable. Is there any use for the levers beneath it?

This mission looks incredible!
    Last edited by bukary; 31st Oct 2009 at 18:20.

I understand the no screenshot rule - and though I'd like to post some of the incredible screenshots I've gotten I will respect the authors wishes.

Maybe give it a week or two and then it'll be ok to post? Also, there are some genuinely pants-shittingly scary events in this mission Ive only come across two so far and I had to stop for a bit before diving back in, haha.

This is what I get with GL :(

Excess Zip File(s) Found

Helpful Tip: GarrettLoader has detected some zip files that may be in the wrong folder for the currently selected game or they may not be properly structured ready for installation. In order for GarrettLoader to work better, please move these files out of thier current location if they are not Fan Missions.

However if they are Fan Missions please make sure they are in the correct folders. This will speed GarrettLoader up as it will not have to look inside each unknown zip file every scan to see what it is.

Zip Files That Are In The Wrong FM Folder
    2480_VC_LADYMOSSY.ZIP - Found to be for the game [T3]
    ROSECOTTAGE.ZIP - Found to be for the game [T3]
    STRANGETEMPLE-1.0.ZIP - Found to be for the game [T3]

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    Excess Zip File(s) Found
    Its designed to run with Darkloader.

Quote Originally Posted by bukary View Post
    I need a hint:
    I know what the numbers are and I already have a hair pin. What now? I pushed the numbers on the board and safe is now frobbable. Is there any use for the levers beneath it?
    The levers open the safe and then you will find what you need inside to take the next step
    Last edited by Shadow Creepr; 31st Oct 2009 at 18:27. Reason: Edit to his revised post Edit

Fantastic day.. two awesome fan mission. Thanks to everyone who worked on this.

GL cannot identify it because T2 is not marked in the info file. A line like this is missing: "Game: Thief 2".

I tried to enter the attic - but was met with a flash of light and then the door slammed and became unfrobbable. Am I supposed to be able to access it?

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    GL cannot identify it because T2 is not marked in the info file. A line like this is missing: "Game: Thief 2".

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    I tried to enter the attic - but was met with a flash of light and then the door slammed and became unfrobbable. Am I supposed to be able to access it?
    Yes but you will need to find another way in.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Creepr View Post
    Yes but you will need to find another way in.
    Thank you!

*runs around in circles like a squeely fangirl*

WOOHOO!!!!

I've been waiting for this for so long!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    I'm playing with GL .

enter the code

Great misson, I fear every step in every new room.
    Congratulation, such an impressive work.
    But here I can't go to the next thing:
    How about to enter the code on the tresor?
    I pull the levers after I red the message on the paper (shown with the magnifier). It tolds me 3 digits which I pull, but I have no succes to open the tresor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Sahnebacke View Post
    How about to enter the code on the tresor?
    I pull the levers after I red the message on the paper (shown with the magnifier). It tolds me 3 digits which I pull, but I have no succes to open the tresor.
    Did you pull the levers and then press the small button to the right? It should light up the safe and then you can open it

I'm stuck been running around in circles, have 1 key and a hair pin, got the ouija board going but cant seem to figure out where to go from there

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456781318232833 ... LastLast