TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 611162126272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: T2FM: Saturnine's Rose Cottage (10-31-09)

You may need to check out the bathroom carefully, you will find something on a little shelf by the mirror, its small so look closely for it. Hope that helps!

I'd like to try this mission, but it keeps crashing garretloader.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    It was never tested with GL, use DL instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dainem View Post
    1. The sky changes to big black circles if you look at it in a special angle.
    Quote Originally Posted by STiFU View Post
    Under certain viewing-angles the sky-texture disappeared or rather, was scaled up awkwardly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vogelfrei View Post
    Oh, also the sky looks like this if I reach a certain easy-to-accidentally-engage angle.

Can anybody help about this?
    awsome FM!!

But i have the same Problem. how can i fix it?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    We never saw that particular sky issue in testing, but I imagine these are all "engine features".

I get it too, and the same in MissionX as well.

One word to describe the mission: awesome. Especially the wonderful textures and all the design. Also the atmosphere - when the doll appeared in the corridor after leaving girl's room, I shivered ;o

However I'm kinda ashamed, found only 4 tarot cards without spoilers

About the sky issue with the big black circles: I saw it while playing this mission on my new computer with a 1 MB nVidia card (before the graphics card decided not to work for the game anymore), but with my old computer with a Raedon 256 MB card(which I am using until my new card arrives), there is no problem with the sky textures.

The mission is beautiful but it's completely unplayable on my machine. I don't know why, I have 3 gigs of ram, decent processor and card that should run three dark engine games at once. It's ATI though, maybe there's the problem? Please help, I really want to play this.

Quote Originally Posted by guildmaster View Post
    The mission is beautiful but it's completely unplayable on my machine. I don't know why, I have 3 gigs of ram, decent processor and card that should run three dark engine games at once. It's ATI though, maybe there's the problem?
    I have an old AMD Athlon XP running at 1.7 GHz, 1 GByte of RAM and an ATI Radeon 9550 AGP card, and found the mission very playable. I am using a 640x480 resolution (quite mediocre these days, I believe, but I'm still satisfied). But apart from that, I can't think of anything I did to reduce the load on the processor and graphics card.

Therefore, I don't think the ATI card you mentioned is necessarily the problem here.

If it's only "Rose Cottage" which gives you trouble, then it might be some weird coincidence. If other missions are affected, though, we might see a pattern there.

My radeon is pretty old, 3600, but still, it shouldn't be that bad. The game itself runs smoothly, as do the other FMs I've tried...

Quote Originally Posted by guildmaster View Post
    My radeon is pretty old, 3600, but still, it shouldn't be that bad.
    I believe your card actually is a Radeon HD3600 (that would be a DirectX 10 capable card), which means mine is a lot older (hardware support up to DirectX 9). After the Radoen 9xxx cards, there were the X1xxx ones, then the HD2xxx ones and then the HD3xxx cards, according to the german wikipedia. So it shouldn't be the card that slows down this mission, since my old card runs it smoothly.

However, when I unpacked Rose Cottage's zip file today, I discovered that a directory containing textures ("obj") is quite large (about 100 megabytes), compared to the same directory in other missions' zip files (e.g., The Seven Sisters, Nightwatch, Dracula reloaded campaign ...), where it's below 25 megabytes in size. Maybe your system does not handle that well, for whatever reason.
    Last edited by baeuchlein; 1st May 2010 at 19:37. Reason: Spelling, grammar & some numbers incorrect

Rose Cottage

With the help of a walkthru I have completed this mission several times and will be playing it many more times.

Saturnine: Thank you so much for making this exceptionally GOOD mission, especially the ending music. That was terrific.

I hope you will be making some more missions, perhaps some like this one. This is great!

Thank you again for doing this and making it available for us to enjoy.

burrick

I've read something around here and learned I wasn't supposed to get to the mortuary and morgue before accessing the veranda (although I've managed to do it somehow). I've got the hairpin. Now where's the room with the tailor's dummies? All the locked doors I've found in the house are unpickable.

Glad you enjoyed the FM burrick! Its a beautiful FM. One I too will never forget.

otto_man, have you anything in your inventory to pick open a door? If not head to the bathroom, look on the little shelf by the mirror, look closely. You'll find something that will help you.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    He said he already has the hairpin, BA. He probably needs the loft key, which as I recall is in the safe in the Mortician's bedroom. Opening that requires... a sťance.

Yup I see it now. :P Talking on the phone at work, and typing don't mix sometimes! Shhh, don't tell the boss.

Found the circle thingie and used it with the number tablet downstairs. Thanks for the help guys. That mannequins sure freaked me out

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    Yup I see it now. :P Talking on the phone at work, and typing don't mix sometimes! Shhh, don't tell the boss.
    "Boss to BrokenArts, boss to BrokenArts... I'm your ex-boss now."

BA: "Huh?"

Boss: "You're fired, son, effective immediately."

BA: [censored]

hah hah. Don't know if you realize, I own my own company, I am my own boss. I just multi task way too much sometimes.
    He is a she. You knew that, of course.

Don't know if you realize, I own my own company, I am my own boss.
    Oh, I didn't know that. Well, no problem - fire yourself, then.

He is a she. You knew that, of course.
    I did not remember it at the time of writing, but now there's a faint memory that I already stumbled upon this fact some time ago.

I seem to have dead-ended rather early in this mission. I have the Mansion Key, the hairpin and the key to the , I want to say attic, but it's more of a crawl space, the one with the mannequins. I've opened the safe, obviously. And the doll is moving around.

I tried getting into the attic by walking around the front of the house and climbing in up the ladder, but nothing I have will open the trap door. I can go into the Morgue to listen to the recording, but can't get back out because there's always a haunt waiting at the morgue door, no matter how quietly I walk around. I can't find anything new to do now.

So I'm stuck. I'm sure I missing most things in this lovely mission because my computer is lagging quite a bit, which makes exploring a bit difficult, but I would like to finish it. Any help appreciated.

Edit: Now I have 2 dead haunts, a crowbar, a shovel and a few tarot cards. But I can't get the haunt in the attic to follow me anywhere. He does the gaspy breathy thing if I jump up and down behind him, and swanks around with his sword a bit, but as soon as I head for either of the two exits, he just turns around and goes back to his post.

Specific questions:

The wine cellar. How to get in?
    The battery for the purple light. Where?
    Last edited by Fraser; 15th Aug 2010 at 04:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    So I'm stuck. I'm sure I missing most things in this lovely mission because my computer is lagging quite a bit, which makes exploring a bit difficult, but I would like to finish it. Any help appreciated.
    For the battery, *I THINK* have you unlocked the door to the attic? Taken a peek behind it?

If that door is open, you need to then make the Haunt chase you (by running right up to him ) and get him to chase you to the chapel.

Hmmm. Is there a third way out of the attic? Of course there is, there must be. I saw it from below. But where?

Edit: I must be blind, then. I can get into the attic up the ladder and then there's the exit down the chimney. There IS no door to unlock. The door downstairs can't be opened, and the door at the base of the ladder can't be opened. Where is the door? I've gone around the whole attic half a dozen times.

Edit again. As usual, as soon as I post, the answer is in front of me. Love the UV light. Wish my laptop was up to this mission. A couple of FM's, like Ink and Dust, just will not run smoothly on this machine. Still worth it, though.

Okay, I'm done. Fantastic mission, good storylline. The horror for me was not in the "boo!" factor, but the idea of those five thieves being autopsied while still alive. A classic fear. Gave me the creeps. No wonder they were pissed off.

I found all but three tarot cards. Can anyone point me at #3, 6 and 20?
    Last edited by Fraser; 15th Aug 2010 at 22:39.

Full list of card locations in this post. (thanx Shadow Creepr!)

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 611162126272829303132333435 ... LastLast