TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101520253035 ... LastLast

Thread: T2FM: Saturnine's Rose Cottage (10-31-09)

So... let's summarize the tarot cards.

I think i found ten but these are the ones I can think of right now:

In the library
    Under one urn
    Above the five coffins
    Under a coffin below ground
    Under the fountain
    In the model of the mansion

By all means, fill in!

Where should I dig with the shovel? I've been all over and can't seem to find something to dig up.

Shadow Creepr, can you (or someone else who's got it) PM me with the list of the cards? I'm missing 8 or so I can't find.

Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    Where should I dig with the shovel? I've been all over and can't seem to find something to dig up.
    Take a good look in the cemetary. Perhaps there is a sign somewhere you can read?

Actually I haven't found a key to the cemetery yet, I am still in the entrance area after coming up through the basement.

Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    Actually I haven't found a key to the cemetery yet, I am still in the entrance area after coming up through the basement.
    Go to child's room and read the note. Find the battery (at the bottom of attic stairs) and use it.

Finished! Another mission that looks as good as modern games. Dark Engine (and Rose Team) is incredible!

It'd be nice to have higher resolution light maps, better object lighting and a bit more control over animated textures but dark is incredibly versatile even if we (especially David who only seems to stop building when dromed starts crashing) are working right out near the edges of what's possible.

I guess I should slow down a little and look around more. I've walked passed several items already.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
    So... let's summarize the tarot cards.

I think i found ten but these are the ones I can think of right now:

In the library
    Under one urn
    Above the five coffins
    Under a coffin below ground
    Under the fountain
    In the model of the mansion

By all means, fill in!

Frobbable rug near the picture that holds the cards
    Behind the picture near where you get the mansion key
    Top of the toilet
    Top of the hourglass at the stairs of the crypt
    Kitchen behind one of the shelves
    Under one of the flower pots (Is this what you meant by urn?)
    Top center of the central crypt in the cemetery
    The little girl's treasure hunt hiding place
    One of the gated graves in the cemetery

Forgetting some...

@ redface: Have you been to the chapel yet? You need to get him to follow you there.

Quote Originally Posted by redface View Post
    Ok, I'm still clueless about the attic. How do I get rid of the ghost? I tried having it follow me around and nothing happened.
    I had the same problem until I realized that there are stairs leaading down in the attic. Open the door at the bottom of the stairs and make the ghost follow you to the chapel.

Ok, I'm still clueless about the attic. How do I get rid of the ghost? I tried having it follow me around and nothing happened.
    What hurts ghosts? Lead them to it.

Thanks. I figured it right after I posted. As usual.

Thanks. I figured it right after I posted. As usual.
    I guess we all want to see another part of this aesthetic feast as soon as possible. That's why we rush through the cottage.

At least I have some justification: it's really late here in Poland and I really should go to bed. Fortunately, I've just silenced these thugs for eternity. So... good night, taffers!

Quote Originally Posted by bukary View Post
    I guess we all want to see another part of this aesthetic feast as soon as possible. That's why we rush through the cottage.

At least I have some justification: it's really late here in Poland and I really should go to bed. Fortunately, I've just silenced these thugs for eternity. So... good night, taffers!
    I wish that would happen. Sat first sent me some screen shots almost 3 years ago. Man how time flies. I could not believe what I saw when he showed them to me. We're so lucky.

Maybe the RC team can talk him into another one, we worked so well together. There is always dark radiant he can try out for the dark mod!!

I made it! Awesome Mission!

Quote Originally Posted by bukary View Post
    That's why we rush through the cottage.
    Some of us really have been rushing... I've just managed a 14:42, I believe SlyFoxx's fastest is 15:00 on beta4

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    Maybe the RC team can talk him into another one, we worked so well together. There is always dark radiant he can try out for the dark mod!!
    Or why not try to talk him into the 7th Crystal 2...

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    I played the mission, finished it without much trouble, I only had some difficulties to figure out how to enter the cemetary (found the fountain lever by accident, lucky me). Extraordinary mission

The story is perfect, a detective work with a strong background, that was amazing. So is sound design, subtle at places yet so effective, just the way I like them

Graphicaly, the textures by themselves didn't really impress me, but I was truly stunned by the scenery, the design, the amount of details and the high attention given to every single thing in the mission. In the end I had a tour to take screenshots as a souvenir, when lights are back on the mansion looks totally different and shows the true beauty of the place. I found back the graphic atmosphere I loved in seventh crystal and calendra's legacy

Now the main disappointment for me : I wasn't scared at all !
    The atmosphere was tense of course, but I expected true horror, to fall down from my chair, well nothing... There are many reasons to this.
    First the fact we don't have any weapon, it's supposed to scare the player, but as I didn't find any weapon after a while I understood there would be no potential threat for me. Except the ghosts of course, but on the contrary once I saw them, tension vanished because I knew what was the threat (thieves...). Best part was at the beginning, when I didn't know what to expect.
    Then there were the "screamers" if we can call them like that, thing is I saw all of them coming so I was surprised in a good way, they were very clever technically but didn't really affect me, that's a pity.
    The morgue was fantastic, pretty tense atmosphere, but I expected something worse. Same with the standing puppet, creepy but nothing more. in fact this mission was creepy, but not scary for me.
    My favorite part was the loft, with the standing mannequin, the heartbeat, and the one following you on the balcony. Now that was very Silent hill like, and made me panic I must confess.

So I was expecting a Silent hill experience, and in fact I was in an old movie made by Hammer, great atmosphere but no horror. I was Peter Cushing investigating and I truly wanted to meet Christopher Lee in the crypt

Found 8 cards.
    What's with the closet in the bedroom northwest of the building ? the one with the red dress on a mannequin. It's the only door I couldn't open.

Overall, despite my little disappointment, the mission was fantastic. Saturnine still is a dromed master, it really was worth the wait. Thanks a ton for your work, and thanks to his team too

Btw I loved the sand castle in the ashes at the crematorium, so disturbing. And lol the newspaper in the attic.
    Last edited by DrK; 31st Oct 2009 at 21:48.

I can't seem to lure the two ghosts in the cemetery to past the spiral stair case. Is there another way out?

Quote Originally Posted by caffeinatedzombeh View Post
    Some of us really have been rushing... I've just managed a 14:42, I believe SlyFoxx's fastest is 15:00 on beta4

Bitch!

Gotta love a good speed run!

Shadow Creeper or someone please pm me the list of card locations as well please.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    Shadow Creeper or someone please pm me the list of card locations as well please.

As per request from saturnine there will be no card location spoilers posted from testers....at least for a while.

Wonderful! I was looking for a new FM to play and a nice right creepy one too. Wow, and it's designed by one of the best - Saturnine. Thanks mom (Dawggon) for letting me know about it.

Just finished the mission.

All in all this is one of the greatest missions Iīve played so far. Brilliant architecture; lots of scary moments; nice story which is told perfectly; and the graphic is the bestest of the bestest; together with Seven Shades of Mercury itīs the most beautiful map Iīve ever played. 9.2 of 10 points.

But there are some points I didnīt like:
    spoiler:
    1. Why did I need the hair pin? Why not use the loft key for the second door? This would have been more logic. Especially when you have no clue how to open the door. And the hair pin can be easily missed.
    2. Killing the ghosts 5 times the same way went a bit annoying.
    3. For my the ending was disappointing. No surprise, and no satisfaction. And I didnīt understand some parts of the story: Why did the house become haunted? Who killed the 5 thieves and what happened to the three „resurrected“ thieves? Whatīs the point of the girl? Was she some of the tets objects? Or killed by the ghosts? And who killed the man who was paid to resurrect the gang members?
    4. The last thing is difficult to describe because english is not my native language but Iīll try describing it: After finding out that you have to kill the 5 thieves the atmosphere of the first part is gone. Why? When you start the mission you have no idea what to do, and particulary you have no real enemy. In fact the horror is only created with the perfect sound, the perfect architecture and some superb shock effects. Although there is no enemy I had the FEELING I am surrounded by foes. That they could attack after every corner. And it could be everything:the puppet. The dummy. The house itself. This uncertainty makes it so thrilling.
    But after finding out there are 5 evil thief ghosts and they must be killed with the help of the holy water this uncertainty vanishes. And with it the intense atmosphere of the first minutes of the mission. Of course this canīt be avoided cause the player has the goal to solve the mystery. But in my opinion this solution comes to early.
    5. The morgue didnīt scare me. Maybe/perhaps because there was no sound. And I think this morgue was a bit out of place. It looks just to modern with the anatomic posters and the audio tape.

And I had some bugs:
    spoiler:
    1. The sky changes to big black circles if you look at it in a special angle.
    2. The ghost who is appearing in the morgue did float after he began to chase me. Therefore he stuck in the air and could not follow me. I had to reload.
    3. The last ghost didnīt want to die in the holy water. I had to chase him about 15 times over the water.

Some final questions:
    1. Is it worth to find all cards?
    2. Are there any changes between the difficulty settings?
    3. Will we ever see another Saturnine misison?

Dainem

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101520253035 ... LastLast