TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116212631 ... LastLast

Thread: T2FM: Saturnine's Rose Cottage (10-31-09)

Can someone please tell me how can I enter into the attic? I can't seem to find a way in.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavalorn View Post
    Can someone please tell me how can I enter into the attic? I can't seem to find a way in.
    Go back to the loft, go out the door, and close the door behind you when you get on the balcony. You'll kick yourself for missing it.

And before you go there make sure you have the crowbar.

I'm curious if anyone (besides the testers) has found all the tarot cards and figured out what happens when you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalorn View Post
    spoiler:
    Go onto the roof and go around the house until you find a window you can open. You'll need to the crowbar to break the lock.

Great mission by the way, thank you Saturnine!

Thanks both of you, I found the way now! I think I am gonna really kick myself for not seeing it earlier.

Moderator and Priest
    Alright. I finally got Thief 2 working in Windows 7, watched the intro video, and played about 10 seconds of the FM.

To whoever did that intro clip, my hat's off to you. That was nice.

jtr7
    EDIT: LINKS KILLED BY HOST COMPANIES.
    Last edited by jtr7; 13th Apr 2013 at 20:13.

I've seen this question asked in the previous threads, but no one seems to have answered it (or I've missed the answers.)

I've got the mansion key and the hairpin and activated the ouija board, but I'm not sure what to do from there on. I heard the phone ring so I ran up to answer it, but then it stopped. Is that significant? Anyway, I've got the numbers the ouija board gave me, but I don't know what to do with them. I could have sworn I saw a number pad somewhere but I searched around and can't seem to find it anywhere. Can someone tell me where to use the numbers, please?

Still trying to get the last two haunts to follow me to the pool of holy water. Any hints would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    Still trying to get the last two haunts to follow me to the pool of holy water. Any hints would be appreciated.
    You'll find that you have to take the long way around initially in order to open up a gate or shortcut door that will lead you a very short distance to the pool of holy water, even from the deepest depths of the cemetery.

At that point its just a matter of running like hell to the door on the side of the house. Although I did notice that one of the final ghosts will follow you one way around the house but will stop at one of the outside doors and will not follow you through that certain door into the house. At that point I just had to find an alternate route to the other side in which he would follow me. You can make all five follow you to the holy water pool, trust me. Just takes a little bit of route-planning.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    A big hint at making sure the ghosts follow you:

Turn on the UV light.

Clearinghouse
    Congratulations on the release!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    I've seen this question asked in the previous threads, but no one seems to have answered it (or I've missed the answers.)
    spoiler:
    There is safe with switches below it in the first bedroom on the second floor. The switches correspond to numbers.

I just started and just got out of the basement into the mansion and only 2 words came to mind "Holy Shit !" Or unholy...lol..I shall see.

Thankyou to all involved....this is a real treat

Just finished! An excellent and beautiful mission packed with atmosphere, just as I would expect from Satrrnine.

I never did find the "proper" way into the cemetery, but I simply climbed over the wall instead.

Make sure you know your binary

Well the it took forever but I found the switch on the gates. Now maybe the haunts will follow all the way.
    Last edited by mxleader; 1st Nov 2009 at 01:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    spoiler:
    There is safe with switches below it in the first bedroom on the second floor. The switches correspond to numbers.

Thanks! I suspected that might be it if I hadn't messed myself up by convincing myself there was a number pad somewhere else.

Well after being in the morgue and hearing a coroners report I opened the door only to be attacked and killed by a ghost with no idea how to kill it or whats going on. This mission is rapidly going from a beautifull wonder to a frustration nightmare of a mission for me. I thought it would be fun but it isn't. Not at all. Not if I have to come here every 10 min and find out what to do. How are the rest of you doing it ? Im not cutting it down...dont think that. Maybe it just isn't my cup of tea, so to speek. Ill stick with the Garrett missions. Im done with this.
    Last edited by Lightningline; 1st Nov 2009 at 01:51.

Wow. This has to be the prettiest map ever committed to dromed. This could have won the beauty contest as well as masters of horror. The sounds and ambients perfectly complement the visuals, and the atmosphere is fantastic. I would echo others an say this mission is creepy, but not truly scary or horrifying, and it loses half the atmosphere after you see the first haunt/thief - that is the unknown I've been fearing all this time? When I critique FMs, I always feel like I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth, so don't get me wrong, this is one magnificent stallion.

In terms of fear, not giving the player any weapons is a double-edged sword; they're helpless, but they also know you won't put them up against anything too dangerous. Starting the player with first aid kits was smart, because now they know they can be hurt. Ideally, the mission would have been full of custom AI and supernatural hazards like Ghost House/Haunted Hospital. But since you stuck with conventional enemies, there should have been more of them. In the big, empty mausoleum at the end, I kept wishing there were zombies and haunts patrolling the spooky corridors, instead of just me casually strolling around like I'm in an art museum, thinking, "Wow, what a location! Now where's that pesky 5th thief?"

Unfortunately, I was completely prepared for the moving mannequins, because I've played Condemned: Criminal Origins, and there's a scene that's virtually identical. Come to think of it, that game also had me following arrows on the floor using a black light, and maybe a lengthening corridor also... In my opinion, the scariest thing in the FM was the headless dressing dummy behind a shade in a bedroom. From then until I found the first thief, I was sure I'd be seeing that dummy again, when I least suspected. You made me scared of it without ever throwing it in my face - you guys are the masters.

Found cards in these locations.

The ship model in dining room
    Bedroom with safe on top of bed canopy
    Plain room with a bunch of round things.
    Kids room in the easel

Missing card numbers: 6, 9, 10, and 14

Hint please!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline View Post
    Well after being in the morgue and hearing a coroners report I opened the door only to be attacked and killed by a ghost with no idea how to kill it or whats going on. This mission is rapidly going from a beautifull wonder to a frustration nightmare of a mission for me. I thought it would be fun but it isn't. Not at all. Not if I have to come here every 10 min and find out what to do. How are the rest of you doing it ? Im not cutting it down...dont think that. Maybe it just isn't my cup of tea, so to speek. Ill stick with the Garrett missions. Im done with this.
    I'm starting to feel the same way.

I looked all over that goddamn cemetary area---which is really small, so you'd think it would be easy, but NOOOOO---with that UV light and didn't find any place to dig. Also, since using the light something seems to have gone wrong with my light gem and now it seems I'm permanently invisible and only the UV light will light me up again. Also, there's no way I can kill that ghost in the attic. Oh, I know how to do it, but there's just no way I can successfully navigate a ghost in furious pursuit around around that EXTREMELY laggy front stairway. Since the framerate is making it so slow in that area, I don't trust myself to not get caught on a sidetable or some object and never realize it until I get killed. It's just too nerve-wracking. So yeah. . pretty mission and all, but I quit too.

Just finished this a shade over 2 hours. Beautiful!

It's just not a good day for poor innocent little girls between my FM and this one.

Thanks for the mirror jtr7 and Thelvyn!

I'll send the card locations by PM to those who requested it. I'll go back over the posts in a minute and see if there are still unanswered questions and try to help those who are stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
    Or why not try to talk him into the 7th Crystal 2
    You might want to look around in an attic corner for the answer to that question!

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    What's with the closet in the bedroom northwest of the building ? the one with the red dress on a mannequin. It's the only door I couldn't open.
    It is not meant to be open, there is nothing in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dainem View Post
    And I didn´t understand some parts of the story: Why did the house become haunted? Who killed the 5 thieves and what happened to the three „resurrected“ thieves? What´s the point of the girl? Was she some of the tets objects? Or killed by the ghosts? And who killed the man who was paid to resurrect the gang members?
    Most of this is explained in the diaries you find. Especially the one in the wine cellar and the attic.

Some final questions:
    1. Is it worth to find all cards? Yes
    2. Are there any changes between the difficulty settings? No
    3. Will we ever see another Saturnine misison? The answer to that is located in an attic corner

@Lightningline: I'm sorry you have been having trouble. This is the type of mission where exploring is the key. I'm going to send you a PM.
    Last edited by Shadow Creepr; 1st Nov 2009 at 02:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline View Post
    Have you been to the chapel yet? The chapel is right by the morgue. Have you seen the 5 thieves lined up against the wall? There is a fountain near the left of the double door. Tip over the fountain. Lure each thief over the spilled holy water, it will kill them. Make sure the path is clear, open some doors, lure them to the area. Do that for each thief.

I'm starting to feel the same way.

I looked all over that goddamn cemetary area---which is really small, so you'd think it would be easy, but NOOOOO---with that UV light and didn't find any place to dig. Also, since using the light something seems to have gone wrong with my light gem and now it seems I'm permanently invisible and only the UV light will light me up again. Also, there's no way I can kill that ghost in the attic. Oh, I know how to do it, but there's just no way I can successfully navigate a ghost in furious pursuit around around that EXTREMELY laggy front stairway. Since the framerate is making it so slow in that area, I don't trust myself to not get caught on a sidetable or some object and never realize it until I get killed. It's just too nerve-wracking. So yeah. . pretty mission and all, but I quit too.
    You can keep the UV light on then, that shouldn't be a big deal. The frame rate issue, must be on your end, others didn't report that bad of a frame rate issue, or any FR issue at all. You haven't hit the right cemetery area as of yet. Where are you in the game. The cemetery is quite large, you'll get a key to open the cemetery. Do you have a cemetery key?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Creepr View Post

3. Will we ever see another Saturnine misison? The answer to that is located in an attic corner

Thanks for clearing that up. I saw that thing in the corner and was confused after reading, but now I know.

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116212631 ... LastLast