TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Bonds of Mine - 10/31/09

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I just finished and must say that this was a tremendously fun mission! The story was well developed, and as I said already the atmosphere is fantastic. You're certainly establishing a visual and atmospheric style for yourself, AM_16.

Thanks so many new fms so little time.

Heres another link download here

I've just started and I agree with Yandros. The blue ambient and the sounds are fantastic. Looking forward to getting into this one. Nice work AM!

Just gave a peek and I love the lighting in the mission very original.

GREAT!!

All I have to say is WOW!! Thanx for this one!

Since you play this mission remember it is the TIS for the next couple of weeks. Feel free to drop the impressions.

I just finished and it was really, really fun! The wraiths are VERY creepy. The lighting in the outdoor areas is beautiful. I love the blue/purple colouring and the stream, plants and the rest are very realistic. There is a lot of detail and you've obviously put a lot of work into getting it all just right.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and was happy to be able to complete it by myself except for finding the frogbeast egg. It wasn't easy but the clues were all there in the mission and that's a nice change as I usually have to check back here multiple times for hints/help. Thanks very much! I've enjoyed all your missions and I hope there will be more to come.

I just started this one and I wanted to say that I love the style of this mission! Time to get back to playing

This mission was fun. The layout was simple, which was both a plus and a minus - this mission will go down in my memory as "the blue mission". At least it's hard to get lost.

The underground areas and the buildings are very well done, and the plot is decent, if somewhat predictable. And like most others here, the only difficult part of the mission was finding the frogbeast egg. (Hint: A huge tip would have been to let us hear a frog near the egg.)

Ambient sounds are used to very good effect in this mission - something some DromEders seem to have forgotten in recent years.

I missed out on 50 loot on Expert difficulty.

Overall a simple and fun little mission. Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by AntiMatter_16 View Post
    (There's also an outhouse someplace, for those who are less fond of the doll.)
    didnt need to go that far away...nothing wrong with the brazier and a fire arrow did the job perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by AntiMatter_16 View Post
    Try searching the library for clues, as the first objective suggested.

Hint 1: There's a red book there up on a shelf that describes the battle between the mage and the hammerites. It indicates that the mage's tower is someplace near the chasm.

Hint 2: Follow the wisp

Answer: You can reach the mage's tower by jumping on the cliffs in the chasm and going north.
    I guess I allready did this, before I posted my former post.
    I'll sart over tomorrow. Maybe I missed something.

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Mission Complete!

WOW, what a great mission. Thanks for this AntiMatter.

Awesome mission btws. Loved the semi invisible demons

I just have a few questions:
    -Those invisible demons.....there wraiths right? or am i missing something?
    -I have all 3 items of which the brazier needed...what do i need to do? fire arrows wont light it

Quote Originally Posted by Lawviz View Post
    Awesome mission btws. Loved the semi invisible demons
    I just have a few questions:
    -Those invisible demons.....there wraiths right? or am i missing something?
    -I have all 3 items of which the brazier needed...what do i need to do? fire arrows wont light it
    The invisible guys are the wraiths, right. Are the wraiths there already when you lit the brazier? This is important. A fire arrow should do it.

Came back from spending halloween weekend with family to find not one, but 3 T2 FMs, and a DM FM.

I decided to start with this one first, as it was the most low profile, and I wanted to give it a chance on it's own without it having to compete with Rose Cottage in my mind.

Just finished, and I have to say this was a great little mission. Fantastic atmosphere. Very immersive. You said you were going for an outdoor feel AntiMatter_16? Well you captured it nicely. It very much felt like a small outpost and monastery set in the wilds. I mean I know it was, but it felt like it. Great use of ambient sound.

My only complaint was the $%&# frogbeast egg. I'm afraid the hunt for that completely ruined my immersion. I got over it after finding it though. As someone else mentioned, perhaps an audible hint might have helped there.

That aside, I think this was very well done. If it weren't up against such stiff competition, I think this thread would have gotten quite a few more responses already. Great job. I definitely recommend this mission to anyone who hasn't played it yet.

@Lawviz:You can also light it with a flare.

bonds of mine

totally stuck i followed the whisp,jumped accross the river high up found a gem near a boulder, the whisp goes further north, i cant get any further north ,am i in the right place,

The brazier can be lighted with the flare in the table, i finished this mission and missed 100 loot in expert, i think if i start to play again i'll find it. Great mission in all ways, it's not too heavy and has a good outside atmosphere.

bonds of mine

its ok i got where i needed to go,

'
    Finished in short time after starting over and finding things first. It was tense and those wraiths were fast. I, too, had trouble finding the frog egg. I loved climbing the vines on the sides of the cliffs. Believe me, I was still watching my back all the way home. Loved every scary bit of your FM.

Thanxs,

Hope Vincent

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    Frog egg: Search near the river in the beginning.
    Can someone spoil me big time
    I totally give up, no fun, maybe I'm blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Beltzer View Post
    Can someone spoil me big time
    I totally give up, no fun, maybe I'm blind.
    Beltezer: As you come from the cabin cross the small river. Right in front of you is a road that takes you to that spider. Just before you enter that path take right and keep the left hand on the wall. You'll reach the egg in no time. You'll kick yourself for not seeing it.
    Last edited by Snakebite; 2nd Nov 2009 at 12:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    Beltezer: As you come from the cabin cross the small river. Right in front of you is a road that takes you to that spider. Just before you enter that path take right and keep the left hand on the wall. You'll reach the egg in no time. You'll kick yourself for not seeing it.
    Thanks, i shall look for it in a while
    You are probably right, i guess I'll think that i should have seen it.

Lots of people have been having trouble with finding the frog egg I've noticed, but if you get too frustrated, you can just take your aggressions out on the wraiths. Killing them manually also completes the objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    You'll reach the egg in no time. You'll kick yourself for not seeing it.
    You were right , i didn't notice that darn ledge

First-rate mission AntiMatter! Greatly enjoyed it. I'll post my thoughts in the TIS thread.