TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Bonds of Mine - 10/31/09

Pulsing light mushroom?

Where is it? Spoil me please

Go into the spider cave, and jump onto the ledges above the chasm. You see the musroom on one of the ledges.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiMatter_16 View Post
    *ambient sounds from Thief1
    *breakable bottles and vases
    these things made the mission so much cooler, great job!
    the starting area reminded me of the cabin from Evil Dead (which I believe has an FM based on it) and the disembodied laughter just solidified it

I'm so glad there were no wraith around the mage's tower; I was dreading a fight to the top floor. what was the ambient voice (not the plot voice) saying?
    I was hoping the dark magic causing the teleports would go away, letting me explore more
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 3rd Nov 2009 at 01:45.

Nice mission, though easy, but atmosphere's cool. Thanks.

Having a ball with this one!

OK...eat lunch and back at it. The deer leg at the start just wasn't enough and I'm hungry again!

am i facing a bug?

I only have one goal remain, wich is return to the shed, as i kill the last undead in the shed area an objective is completed (kill this evil in any ways you can), then when i enter the shed (starting point) nothing happens

The whole area around the cabin is considered the escape room. Since you're already in it, try going to the stream, and then back into it. It should work then.

Thanks for the fun mission. Although not as powerful, the wraiths reminded me of Mystery Man's Necron.

What was the deal with the invisible barrier?

I think the invisible barriers were made to make a sensation of "you can't go here", so the player have the impression of that the map is more big, but the inaccesible areas are of no need to enter.

I don't recall if this was stated in a readable or not, but I got the impression the two paths blocked by barriers were what the wraiths were trapped behind.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiMatter_16 View Post
    The whole area around the cabin is considered the escape room. Since you're already in it, try going to the stream, and then back into it. It should work then.
    Thanks it worked

Thanks Acolyte6, I really enjoyed this mission right from the start. The blue lighting and multiple paths in the crevice were particularly nice touches.

I did encounter one oddity: I lit the brazier with a fire arrow and headed back to the fort. As I exited and turned left to enter the path back to the cabin, I found that an 'invisible wall' had appeared across it. I went back into the fort, and possibly out the other side, then returned and found the obstruction had gone.

I got stuck there as well, it wasn't like the "bounce-back" walls, more like dark engine sticky terrain.
    I jumped around, crouched etc and managed to get myself past it.

Excellent mission, AntiMatter_16 Well-designed (particularly outdoors), good story & colour-use, immersive & pretty creepy.
    Couple of things I particularly liked were the pathfinding in the chasm & the interesting way you 'pointed out' where the ends of the map were; rather than just dead-ends with blank walls.

Really enjoyed it - mucho thanx

Clearinghouse
    Finished. I enjoyed this mission, very good job
    Looking foward for more

Great mission

I loved to play this mission, it takes action in a beautifull place, a good storyline, great gameplay and enviromets, good ambient sounds, great architecture.

overall a mission of high quality

Thanks for this one, im looking foward for more.

Just out of curiousity, where is the readable on the previous missions? Thanks for the help!

Also thanks for a great mission.

Brazier...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    The brazier can be lighted with the flare in the table, i finished this mission and missed 100 loot in expert, i think if i start to play again i'll find it. Great mission in all ways, it's not too heavy and has a good outside atmosphere.
    I can't get it to light with the flare nor the fire arrows ! I've stood on everything to get higher up & shot down with the fire arrows. Do you have to do something special with the flare to light the brazier ?

Are you dropping the items in first before trying to light it? And at the correct time in the mission? Ie. after you've taken the crown.

If yes to both, all you should have to do is drop the flare onto the brazier.

I found that items often missed the brazier when 'dropping' them (I must be a rotten shot!) - but it all worked fine by 'using' the items, even though the brazier's not frobbable. Each item disappears, but the end result is right.

BANNED
    This mission was so much fun, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by thiefessa View Post
    This mission was so much fun, thank you.
    Let me be the first to second that. I really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by kamyk View Post
    Are you dropping the items in first before trying to light it? And at the correct time in the mission? Ie. after you've taken the crown.

If yes to both, all you should have to do is drop the flare onto the brazier.
    ah after, of course, nothing is ever simple is it

@Esme
    After frobbing the crown next to the throne on the top level of the mage's tower, the brazier is teleported out and replaced with an 'active' brazier, one that will respond to the spell components, and will activate a blue flame when receiving a firestim from a flare or fire arrow, etc. It doesn't matter what order the components are placed on the active brazier, nor does it matter when you light it, just so long as it's after you've frobbed the crown. You'll be able to tell that it's active because the spell components are teleported away once they touch the brazier.

If all else fails, grab your trusty sword, steel your courage, and go take out the wraiths manually. After killing all six, you'll complete the objective. If the last wraith you kill is at the cabin, you'll have to go the to stream, and re-enter the escape room around the cabin to complete the "Get back to your cabin objective."

It's terribly weird it's not working for you though... I have no idea where things could have gone wrong. Did the dialogue play when you tried to grab the crown?

I was trying to do the wraith killing spell before picking up the crown

I should have known that would be too easy though