TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Updated T2 FM: The Acid Trip v1.1 (25/05/2010)

Updated T2 FM: The Acid Trip v1.1 (25/05/2010)

I'd like to take this opportunity to present to you my second mission, The Acid Trip.

* Story *

For a long time the Thieves Guild have been trying to persuade me to join them. Not that they like me so much, they just don't want to keep losing their best 'business oportunites' without getting back
    anything in return. So far I have been ignoring them, but when Thom himself invited me to a drink at The Haunted Burrick Tavern my curiosity got the better of me.

And I went. But one sip from my drink and I realized I had made a huge mistake. The last thing I remember is seeing the big grin on Thom's face as I hit the ground...

* Notes *

I wanted to create a mission different from what has been released so far. This mission is about symbolism, so don't rush through it. Slow down and ponder at what you see.

Each key in the mission is needed only once, so you can safely drop them after use.
    For the best experience increase the ambient sound volume and enable the fog and weather effects.

WARNING: Some of the art used in this mission contain nudity.

You can download it here.

Fixes in v1.1:

- The easy difficulty now starts with a sword
    - Fixed the teleporting sequence that caused problem for some players (replaced the problematic TrapDelayer objects with NVRelayTrap)
    - The mushroom staircase is now easier to climb
    - Fixed the haunt patrols in the big nature room (Efficiency settings)
    - Some texture alignment
    - The talisman holders now become FrobInert after receiving the talismans
    - Added Italian translation (courtesy of Krenim)

I hope you will enjoy it. Have a nice trip!
    Last edited by Haplo; 25th May 2010 at 21:07. Reason: Update.

Wow, they just keep coming! Thanx, Haplo (even more reason for me to complete this HDD rebuild)

Clearinghouse
    Thank you, Haplo!

Congrats on the release, Haplo!

How about removing the constant assault of electronica? It's so damned loud you can't hardly hear anything else. Electronica just plain sucks anyway and it's definitely not music.

Music isn't supposed to be a constant barrage, it should be used occasionally to convey and heighten atmosphere and emotion.

All it makes me want to do here is strangle someone then delete the FM.

Something with some piano and maybe cello would be much better here. And not so damned loud. The in-game volume controls on Dark Engine games haven't worked right since Windows 98 so there's no way to turn down the music.

I've eaten plenty of acid and shrooms (and plenty of other things) in my youth, and never once experienced anything remotely close to the things in this FM.

Classical Master 2008
    Now this sounds like an interesting concept. I'll try it... just this one time!

jtr7
    "I've eaten plenty of acid and shrooms (and plenty of other things) in my youth, and never once experienced anything remotely close to the things in this FM."

A-HA!

So anyway, aside from your gripes, how does the FM play?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSyn View Post
    How about removing the constant assault of electronica? It's so damned loud you can't hardly hear anything else. Electronica just plain sucks anyway and it's definitely not music.
    It is not electronica, it is from a Commodore 64 game.
    If it really bothers you that much, quit Thief, go to the snd directory and rename the file AcidBk.wav to something else. The music won't be there the next time you play the mission.

Dam, why couldn't you release this yesterday?
    I won't be able to download till next Monday.
    Been a loooong time but acid always did it for me.
    Congrats on the release.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptSyn View Post
    How about removing the constant assault of electronica? It's so damned loud you can't hardly hear anything else.
    Unfortunatlyn I have to agree. I beleive you can just delete the song file from the fm.

Since it seems the ambiance volume control does not work for some people I have replaced the mission file with a new version that has lower music volume. Please let me know if it helps.

Well my Thief volume bar works just fine, so I'm downloading it now before naysayers convince you to remove the sound entirely. I want to play it how you envisioned it. If it annoys me that bad, I'll deal with it on my end.

Edit:Opened the wav in winamp. Hmm to be fair, if that's reduced volume then yeah it probably was too loud at first. And honestly the quality is a bit low. I have nothing against this type of music however.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    If it really bothers you that much, quit Thief, go to the snd directory and rename the file AcidBk.wav to something else. The music won't be there the next time you play the mission.
    A suggestion for those who don't like it. Try a variation of this ^ idea. Copy your favorite hippy/rock/ambient/classical song to the directory, delete AcidBk.wave, and rename the song you prefer to AcidBk.wav - Problem solved.

I'll actually play later, it's bedtime for me.
    Last edited by kamyk; 4th Nov 2009 at 08:24.

hmm..
    metalp4.wav => the sound is only on the left side @the new 17,6MB Version

Clearinghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Ionisator View Post
    hmm..
    metalp4.wav => the sound is only on the left side @the new 17,6MB Version
    Nice pick! That was my mistake. Please try downloading it again now.

Clearinghouse
    Haplo, I didn't hear this a song: I tripped on a cloud and fell-a eight miles high I tore my mind on a jagged sky... Hint, please

the acid trip

the musics fine now i have stuck my headphones under a cushion,found 2 keys a talisman,now running around in circles,guess there must be hidden switches somewhere,,i cant find them,i need to get 3 doors open

Stuck like clearing and doug... need a clue?

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    Stuck like clearing and doug... need a clue?
    Look at a dark spot in the floor

Where's the

chessmaster?

Quote Originally Posted by fibanocci View Post
    Look at a dark spot in the floor

Where's the

chessmaster?
    I've checked everywhere for these things, still no luck...

I'm stuck like the others, and the clues so far ain't helping me.

From the look of this mission, the concept is a good idea, but the only part of it I have any beef with is...you guessed it, the sound. The music gets really irritating after a while, even with the reduced volume.

A suggestion to fix that would be to have the music come from an in-game item, which you could frob to turn on/off.

I've checked everywhere for these things, still no luck...
    You need to find a place where you can see this hole in the floor. One can see the sky as well; there's a key hidden somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by fibanocci View Post
    You need to find a place where you can see this hole in the floor. One can see the sky as well; there's a key hidden somewhere
    Lol, if you're referring to the 'night sky with stars' on the floor and ceiling, i've examined it (as best i can avoiding the two haunts) and frobbed around on the floor to no result. thanks for the help though, perhaps i need to sleep on this one.

Lol, if you're referring to the 'night sky with stars' on the floor and ceiling
    Yes I do. The key is near the edge. It's pretty dark there, so you can stay there for a while

Clearinghouse
    I have the key for Magritte's room. But I can't return from this area.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast