TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: The 50X100X100 Challenge

The 50X100X100 Challenge

Does anybody need a break from the current DromEd project they are working on? I'm tired of working on Verum Inferus. I was just wondering if any other DromEder's out there would like to PM me about accepting a one month challenge.
    It's not a contest, no votes, but maybe a few of us, or just two of us, start building in a small space, say starting this Monday. Then we drop two or three fun little missions, small contest type size, all on the same day, for the community to play. Just "little nothings" for people to play. Nothing precious or over-reaching, just what you build in your spare time in a 50X100X100 dromed units space. No pressure, just fun. Easy objectives.
    What do you think? PM me if you'd like to take up the challenge. We don't need to start this Monday, that's just a suggestion.

If I could, I would, but I just can't .... being also in the middle of a lot of stuff.
    But I wish you luck on doing this.
    It's a great idea .....BTW it's allowed to make a bigger FM ....just take your time

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Interesting idea. I just finished my mission and wouldn't mind doing a small and quick one. How about making it 64x64x64 or 80x80x40?

I could handle 10x10x10

I'm game. I've actually been thinking about putting together a little mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade View Post
    I'm game. I've actually been thinking about putting together a little mission.
    hmm, I remember betatesting a little mission of yours. What happened to that?

No pressure, no rules....

If you want to make it smaller than 50X100X100, go ahead. It's not a contest, no one can get disqualified. It's like Pirates of the Carribean...you know...."there more like....guidelines."
    If you make it 100X50X100, m'eh...oh well. 80X80X40? Ehh, why not?

The idea would be more for those willing to participate to firm up a "drop date". No matter how simple or big or small, just don't pressure yourself. If we could manage to get three or four of these little fun mini missions all released on the same day, that would be fun, so just bite off a small chunk you're comfortable with.

so are you guys serious? Yandros hotmailed me, plus me, Haplo and Iceblade.

ANYONE ELSE?

Theme or freestyle?

Want to agree to upload all on the same day? How about December 15th?

Southquarter.com/fms
    I think I'm interested too. I have an idea already, so no theme for me. 12/15 sounds good.

Edit: Btw, "hotmail" should not be a verb.

Double Edit: Any concern this will take attention away from the Dark Mod Christmas contest, due just about the same time?
    Last edited by Brethren; 6th Nov 2009 at 10:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Double Edit: Any concern this will take attention away from the Dark Mod Christmas contest, due just about the same time?
    I don't think that would be a problem. TDM is still very new, and I think people await new missions with much enthousiasm, and won't be that distracted by this 'contest'.

Plus, there still are many FM players that don't have TDM installed, and I think they also would like an early Christmas present.

Yeah, I got too distracted to deal with the issues in that mission, plus there were some things I wanted to add in as well. And feel out some other areas, so the demo will get bigger. I might get back to that time permitting.

I've actually got another idea in my mind inspired by something I saw in art history class. Though to do it justice, I could really use somebody really meticulous in textures to give the complete feel.

i'll do it

Hey why not, I've never released a mission before, but I've been playing around with dromed a bit. This might be fun.

15/12 is fine with me too.

OK, great. I can't start until around the 16th because all my spare time is spent finishing a !#@%&*#@ of a @!%*&@! job, but since it's not a contest, how can there be cheating? You guys go ahead and use the extra week.

Since no one has suggested a theme, let's go freestyle. And remember, just do what makes you happy and keeps you interested, and don't bite off too big a piece. The fun part is the taffers around here will get a handful of little treats all at once.

Esme, you ought to go for it if you can too! Maybe good rooftops practice on a small scale!

Others join in at any time, but if you're participating, drop a note here.

Teaser screenshots.....everybody come back and post them here on this one main thread.

Yea! Let's have a little no pressure fun!

I love this forum and its Taffers
    look at all the energy coming from this thread

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Hmmm... I'm tempted! I can't guarantee being able to produce anything (I'm working full ahead on Shadowed Mayfield right now...) but I've got a vague idea.

I'll see how the Fit Takes Me, and whether something comes together...

Sounds good TW, SA. The more the better. Maybe if we get enough people, taffers can get a whole sampler box of chocolates on the 15th.

I'm thinking of maybe sending everybody who gets one out on time a thumb drive or something......

Oh BTW, I don't think it will interfere with TDM contest. Two different SDK's and games, probably different authors, lots of folks still not playing TDM (yet), etc.

Let's call it UNPC (Uncadonego's No Pressure Contest)!

I'm still in the middle of Komag's tutorial, but I would really like to participate. I can't promise anything, but I'll try to release a micro-mission.

Oh what the hell!

rushes off to create a big air brush.

I love this idea! I guess I will try to come up with something as well...

Awesome!

64X64X64 if that's what you're comfortable with would still be great! One person asked if they could go bigger than 50X100X100. Sure....if you're comfortable with that.

We're all just giving little gems to the community on the same day. December 15th.

Glad to have more people on board. This is great! Let's remember to post teasers here and keep the momentum going!

Don't have time to start anything making sense from scratch, but I wonder if I could focus enough to reprocess some content from missions left for dead unfinished on my hard drive and make it into something finished... Would it be against rules, or is the only rule and wish to have many missions finished and released on the same day?
    If it's o.k. I will consider that. Being a part of this simultanous pre-Christmas release would be nice feeling I think
    "Reliance upon others is weakness for the strong, but strength for the weak. Wisdom and balance lie in knowing your own nature over time"
    The Box, WL

I'm still working on my FM that was planed for the Vertical Contest but I doubt I will make it until December 15th, so I think I'm out of this one too
    But I'm looking forward to play all the missions created for this challenge!

ghost-in-the-shell

Christine does that all the time from one mission to another - taking parts and multibrushing them and then importing the vbr's to a new mission file. If you have elements from somewhere else I doubt anyone would ever know the difference, or mind.

We're mostly trying to concentrate on as many little missions as possible to be presented all at once as a grab bag for all the taffers out there. The drop date is the most important thing.

There are no rules! Just make a little gift to add to the gift basket by the 15th!

Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast