TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112172227 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Want An Object?

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Caradavin View Post
    What? Vurt does stuff for Thief too??
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140182

where can i find a bookstore sign object?

Look ...

... here for this object: http://www.southquarter.com/christin...den-Schild.zip
    Very small picture on the website but I alredy used the object in one of my FMs:

BTW ... I've updated my website http://meisterdieb.webs.com with many new things. Most of them (except the 9 files on the top) are free objects from other websites, though I asked for permission to convert them for Thief please mention the websites where they initially came from, not me.

It is easy to put them in your FM, because nearly all of them use Thief standard textures. So the only thing you would have to do is ...
    • download the BIN file directly into your ..\obj folder
    • place a similar object in your FM
    • give it the shape of the downloaded BIN
    • adapt the object's physical dimensions and material if necessary
    Last edited by zappen; 15th Nov 2014 at 15:09. Reason: 4get to mention my website with objects ...
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Quote Originally Posted by zappen View Post
    Look here for this object: http://www.southquarter.com/christin...den-Schild.zip
    Very small picture on the website but I alredy used the object in one of my FMs:
    Viele Danke Zappen, ich benutze jeztz Textures von dir fur meine neue mission. Sie sind Super!

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Viele Danke Zappen, ich benutze jeztz Textures von dir fur meine neue mission. Sie sind Super!
    Danke ... aber ich denke, sie sind nicht mehr angemessen für NewDark, oder?

Thanx ... but I think they might not be adequate for NewDark anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by zappen View Post
    Danke ... aber ich denke, sie sind nicht mehr angemessen für NewDark, oder?

Thanx ... but I think they might not be adequate for NewDark anymore?
    i now they have low resolution, but still i find them very suitable for the medieval city i´m building

@ Random_Taffer
    Well it's a bit rough, but this is what I've got so far.

It's not a flat model. I still need to cut sections for joints.

Looking good so far, GORT! Can't wait to see the finished product.
    Thanks again, man!

OK, here's it is with the joints implemented. It's a bit rough. I'll keep going at it.

Yeah, that rocks! You're doing great so far.

@GORT - that's looking very interesting. I like the subtle motion. I never knew you could do such things in Dark Engine. (Did LGS know...? )
    I'm wondering - is there any way to conceal these seams? Maybe if the rotating elements extends a bit so they overlap (but keeping the same joint positions)? Not sure if BSP let's you do this however, unless you leave some gap for the rotation to happen without cutting-through the polygons.
    Also - try to use a texture, that doesn't tile vertically, but instead it ends in an organic way, so to speak. This way you will not see the sharp polygon line.
    It's going to be a nice addition anyway.

@ PinkDot
    I've use that type of motion for all of my banner objects in TROTB 2. Overlapping is the key here. I just need to make it look right.
    There might be some shading issues due to how objects react to lighting, though. That's why I made my custom banners without the PHONG shading. I'll just have to see whether or not I can work around that.

BTW: That type of movement is only in NewDark. It's the pendulum setting.

Stupid Shading Issues...

Just as I feared. Although it looks better moving, I now have shading issues.
    And taking the PHONG shading out makes it look worse. Darn it all!

I think it looks better and more natural.

To get better lighting, try adding more subdivisions to your mesh. Light will be calculated for more points on the surface and hopefully transition will be smoother.

Also - do you have any control over normal directions in your software? It is (or maybe it used to be more) a common practice to alter normals to affect lighting in game engine. Basically, try to match normals of the vertices for which you want the shading to be the same.

But having said that - since there's no mesh deformation going on there, you will get some steps there.

Does anyone know of any insect objects?

I'm aware of Schwaa's dragonfly, but the link to download it on his site is dead. No big deal, I can yank it from Left 4 Dead. I'll probably make a few alternate colorations for it as well. Anyway, I'm building a swamp and want to include a variety of insects. Ideally I'd like some moths, butterflies, cicadas, skates, beetles, maybe some grasshoppers and fireflies. If anyone knows where I can find any of these or would like to create some, I'd be grateful. If the moths/butterflies had movable wings, that'd be a plus.

They're not models, but you're welcome to use the animated particle moths I made for Death's Turbid Veil.

IIRC NV had a butterfly he made on his site which is now hosted at weary taffer. I have a death's head moth in Finals that I made; you animate it and fly it as a vator. You are welcome to use it. There's a beetle that Schwaa made based on a spider mesh type. I don't know where that's hosted just now. It's better than nothing, but I could never get it to work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    They're not models, but you're welcome to use the animated particle moths I made for Death's Turbid Veil.
    Nice stuff.

It would be great to get the cockroaches as in Dishonored.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Awesome, thanks nicked. They look pretty good in game, but I'm having trouble getting them to animate. I copied your settings, but I must be missing something obvious. EDIT: I had them set to scaled bitmap instead of bitmap disc! D'oh!

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    IIRC NV had a butterfly he made on his site which is now hosted at weary taffer. I have a death's head moth in Finals that I made; you animate it and fly it as a vator. You are welcome to use it. There's a beetle that Schwaa made based on a spider mesh type. I don't know where that's hosted just now. It's better than nothing, but I could never get it to work properly.
    Sweet, thanks Larry! I'll grab that moth, it's perfect!
    Last edited by Random_Taffer; 21st Nov 2014 at 18:49.

DromEd Archmage
    I got some special insect based on the spider model... But I wanted to keep it for one of my fan mission... ^^" (a kind of cockroach)
    But if you want, I can share them with you! ^^ Just tell me what do you want to do with it

Edit: Why using vator for flying bugs? Creating FireElemental-like beast is better don't you think? ^^

For my needs vator was best. IIRC fire elemental can't be high up, only can move close to the ground. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

An elemental, being an AI, has to follow the ground just like a guard. There's a 'z offset' property that creates the illusion of flight. In Temple of the Tides there's a fire elemental that floats across pits of lava. NV placed invisible bridges over them to allow the elemental to cross (the player still falls through). AI bridges will be accessible to all AI, so their use is not a good solution unless you don't mind apebeasts and craymen walking in the air.

DromEd Archmage
    Yes, Elemental follow the same pathfing like the guards ^^ But their hitbox is concerned by the offset!! Then, it means that you can put invisible AI barrier like the AI bridges which will not affect the pathfinding. Then, the Fireelement will fly above these barrier when the other one will collides with it, and will not fly in the air! x)

I was never satisfied with those windows in the Thief world. Had time enough to work with ANIM8OR today and created a new type:

All variations use Thief standard textures, so only the .BIN file is needed. The upper row uses the textures of the wooden doors (VDrM0103, -0403, -0803, -0903, -1203), the others use various wood/metal textures (they might look different under tafferpatcher installations).

The dimensions are exactly 4x4, the glass has a transparency of 0.5.

And this could be the icy winter version:

Last edited by zappen; 27th Nov 2014 at 09:42.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

You didn't happen to make breakable versions too, did you?

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112172227 ... LastLast