TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 31 12345611162126 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Want An Object?

Vertical Contest Winner 2009

Anyone Want An Object?

i"m kind of builder blocked right now, i've been building objects and textures, trying to build up some nice custom resources for myself. i've also recently gotten pretty good with uv mapping. my last custom object was this torch.

Looks good. Always nice to have a wide range of choices in custom resources. Great work.

Something I've been looking for but haven't been able to find, is a good-looking chandelier. There's the original, and R Soul's rounder version, and Dark Arrow's wooden chandelier, but there doesn't seem to be a large, high quality crystal chandelier model about.
    If you feel like making one, I've got a room in my level that could use it, and I'm sure it'd get plenty of use in future mansion FMs. Something like this maybe:

How about ...

i also had requests for a few via pm, prefer to keep request here so i can keep track of things.

I'm always up for someone to help out with Keeper AIs ...

There are some keeper ai's in Dedx, but they are only three

I'd love to have more variation in plants and trees. Flowers in different shapes and colours would be great.
    Also the Jewelery folder can use more stuff to choose from.
    And how about more kids stuff, like a slay or a swing? More mesh for kids would also be good. Lord Bafford could use a little snotnosed nephew...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    There are some keeper ai's in Dedx, but they are only three
    Yeah, I'm gonna need about a dozen different ones:
    • male youth,
    • female youth,
    • male adult thin,
    • male adult heavy,
    • female adult thin,
    • female adult heavy,
    • male old,
    • female old

If I can't sweet talk someone into making them for me, I'll have to tackle it in a few months ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    ... And how about more kids stuff, like a slay or a swing?
    I have a sleigh (or did you mean one that kills) If you need it PM me and I'll see if it is low poly enough ... I haven't imported it to DromEd yet

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sled.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	166.7 KB 
ID:	250

Edit: Not low Poly enough. I'll have to rework it a bit. Oh well. One day when I don't have enough to do ...
    Last edited by LarryG; 25th Nov 2009 at 00:32.

nicked, have a look on Hammerite Imperium's chandeliers. I used two of them in King's Story (with author's permission, of course), they are looking quite good.
    I'm not sure if they are used in HI itself or not (there is a lot of unused stuff in the archive), just check models with similar names: chand....

The Architect
    Really nice looking model there, Larry. How far above the poly limit is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zontik View Post
    nicked, have a look on Hammerite Imperium's chandeliers. I used two of them in King's Story (with author's permission, of course), they are looking quite good.
    I'm not sure if they are used in HI itself or not (there is a lot of unused stuff in the archive), just check models with similar names: chand....
    Cool, I'll have a look! Thanks!

Classical Master 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by zappen View Post
    That's a pretty good idea actually. Mission X had two very complex object buildings outside the playing area; way better than the default selection. A few houses, a tower or two would look good in a lot of missions. Imagine The Clocktower surrounded by something like that!

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    I have a sleigh (or did you mean one that kills) If you need it PM me and I'll see if it is low poly enough ... I haven't imported it to DromEd yet
    Argh... I mean this thing:

It's called a slide, yes? Sorry, my english is bad sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Nightfall View Post
    Really nice looking model there, Larry. How far above the poly limit is it?
    Quite a bit. I did it before I understood what the limits were. I'll have to remodel it from scratch. But once done, twice better. It won't been too hard to do ... knock wood. It is to be a decorative prop for the Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by zappen View Post
    Hello all. It would be nice to have a few medieval style houses and buildings in object form, with a bit more detail that the standard Thief buildings. Not sure how difficult it would be. Had a look at Anim8or….. just another computer based thing that confuses me.

The Architect
    I've always wanted to do an object modeling charette, where our top modelers are given an objective and two days to create and texture it. No official judging or winner or anything like that, but then the community has a half-dozen new and awesome objects of a certain type to play around with.

Speaking as a barely-capable modeller, that sounds like a great idea! It could be a little weekly event maybe - build an object to theme X over the weekend, and anyone with modelling knowledge could drop in/drop out week by week.

i'm working on a request from queue, it'll take a couple of days, hopefully i'll knock these out a few a week, keep myself busy, and improve my modeling skills. just to be clear, i'll be publishing these on my site unless you don't want them for a mission exclusively.

Make some winter stuff, you know, a snowball, maybe a bench that has a snow pile on it, I could use them

Quote Originally Posted by Ottoj55 View Post
    i'm working on a request from queue, it'll take a couple of days...
    That's odd, so am I!!

Hi there, I got some art-deco inspired objects from a Gears od War MP map I made, and I thought that they might be useful for some T2 mansion themes. The problem is, someone will have to "adjust them" to fit the polycount limit of Dromed engine. All objects are in .obj and .ASE format and have their textures unwrapped.

Screens:

Edit: you can grab the package here, if you want: http://www.sendspace.com/file/phc6zt
    Last edited by Judith; 26th Nov 2009 at 15:46.

if they are in the 400-600 poly range max they will be fine, the .obj format can be converted for thief in anim8or. with author permission i'll do it and create a sub page for them at my page. if they are too high in polygons they can be reduced with some work.

i finished my first request, a copper tea kettle.

Verrrrry nice!

Do you have room on your site for some of my stuff once I get around to releasing? It won't be for a few months, but I was wondering ...

Otto - you can do anything you like with those, if you have the time and patience, just leave a note somewhere that I was the original author and that's it.

Btw. That might be a lot of work, most of these object have more than 1000 polygons and their textures were enhanced by UE 3.0 material editor, so some of the effects I got ingame will have to be painted onto texture itself (like normals or emissive, for example). But I'll be glad if this is at least an inspiration for you to do something similar

Page 1 of 31 12345611162126 ... LastLast