TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [The Dark Mod] The Thieves (Nov/25/09)

[The Dark Mod] The Thieves (Nov/25/09)

Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/znjlj2nizhg/thieves.pk4
    http://www.southquarter.com/downloads/thieves.pk4

A small Thieves' Guild map.

Original Map by Silencium
    Additional Mapping by RailGun and Fidcal
    Story by Springheel

Briefing:

Infiltrate a local gang of independents and remove their leader.
    Last edited by Springheel; 26th Nov 2009 at 09:58.

The Architect
    Surely you mean November?

Thank you thank you thank you!

Wow im just noticing this a month later ?

Clearinghouse
    Cool. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Nightfall View Post
    Surely you mean November?

Doh!

Edited.

Thanks for this! I was just sad it ended so soon! Review and screens here for anyone interested.

Thank you very much

Southquarter.com/fms
    Love it, more TDM. Mirrored below.
    Get all recent FMs at www.southquarter.com/fms

bikerdude
    blimey the last few months have been great for thief related Fm's

Great stuff ! Thanks !!
    I guess the other Darkmodders are saving their FM's up for a big Xmas release ??

I guess the other Darkmodders are saving their FM's up for a big Xmas release ??
    There are a number working on the Xmas contest, but we still have some leftover beta-maps that we're polishing up for release, so I would hope we'll release at least one more map before Xmas.

Thanks for this nice mission! I experimented with the sword a bit and I found that no mater the state of alertness of an enemy AI the side hit to the head with the sword is always one hit kill
    Probably it works on all missions and i like it. You just need to aim right and fast.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    Thanks for this nice mission! I experimented with the sword a bit and I found that no mater the state of alertness of an enemy AI the side hit to the head with the sword is always one hit kill
    Probably it works on all missions and i like it. You just need to aim right and fast.
    I find the sword fighting to hard, I always get killed before I can land enough blows etc..

I know I hate sword fights too but once I entered the thief's hideout I knocked some bottles out of the box trying to get some loot and everyone got alerted.
    There was no fight actually just aim and hit. Some times it can get tricky though.

I will post some vids to see what i am talking about...
    Last edited by Kin; 26th Nov 2009 at 12:43.

I tried more extensively the sword as a one hit kill tool and I found that you can perform that hit only before the AI has a chance to draw a weapon. If you manage to make a side hit on the head he is gone. In the second video accidentally I used above head hits but what the hell just check it out
    Just preparing for the zombies

Warning there may be spoilers!

bikerdude
    I tried more extensively the sword as a one hit kill tool and I found that you can perform that hit only before the AI has a chance to draw a weapon. If you manage to make a side hit on the head he is gone. In the second video accidentally I used above head hits but what the hell just check it out
    Hmm not of them are either face on or fighting back, which is where I fail as a swordsman. Also I see that there is a new carry option in this fm, is that right..? instead of dragging corpses, you carry them over the shoulder aka Thief.

I found that no mater the state of alertness of an enemy AI the side hit to the head with the sword is always one hit kill
    Depends on the AI. Different AI have different HP. Also, some wear leather or chain coifs which would prevent this. But it works well for this mission.
    Also I see that there is a new carry option in this fm, is that right..? instead of dragging corpses, you carry them over the shoulder aka Thief.
    It's not new; though it seems to be the number one thing people don't know about. We need to put a banner on the loading screen, "YOU CAN SHOULDER BODIES!"

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Springheel View Post
    It's not new; though it seems to be the number one thing people don't know about. We need to put a banner on the loading screen, "YOU CAN SHOULDER BODIES!"
    er... so how do we do that then...

[update] I figured it out, pressing frob and use at the same time..
    Last edited by bikerdude; 26th Nov 2009 at 15:05.

hotobucket.com/albums/v302/Selisios/videos/?action=view&current=Movie_0001.flv]
    don't know why but it seemed to me funny

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post

[update] I figured it out, pressing frob and use at the same time..
    Not really at the same time. You frob the body first, and then hit use.

Short and sweet, this one. Not much to say, since it's so compact and straightforward, but it was a nice bite-sized treat.

I know the wiki instruction page is long, but it is in the index... Not sure what else we can do to get this information out there.

http://modetwo.net/darkmod/wiki/inde...bjects:_Bodies

I just played it through, and I had some problems with crashing on loading a save. Below is a description of what happened. I would post it in a TDM forum for beta comments if such a thing existed. Last time I checked, it didn't.

The first time the crash occurred, I was loading a save in the middle of the mission. After that, I regained control somehow, but then I could not load an earlier save either. On that second crash, the computer hung with no mouse cursor. Task manager could not recover. I had to switch the power off and power back on. Then the same thing happened again - a crash that required a power off. The third time (never fails?) I successfully loaded the save and went on to complete the mission with no problems.

When it crashes, even if I regain control of the computer, the brightness or gamma setting of my graphics card (Nvidia 8800 GT) becomes permanently locked to quite bright. I guess this is my in-game gamma setting not turning off because of abnormal exit. Then the only way I can find to get normal colors back is to power down and power up. Selecting a default profile in the Nvidia control panel does not work at that point. So, no matter what, the crashes are disastrous.

I had this behavior before in the last mission that came out (Patently Dangerous), but a suggestion at the Dark Mod forum fixed it. Maybe it was a patch. I forget.

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    I just played it through, and I had some problems with crashing on loading a save. Below is a description of what happened. I would post it in a TDM forum for beta comments if such a thing existed. Last time I checked, it didn't.

The first time the crash occurred, I was loading a save in the middle of the mission. After that, I regained control somehow, but then I could not load an earlier save either. On that second crash, the computer hung with no mouse cursor. Task manager could not recover. I had to switch the power off and power back on. Then the same thing happened again - a crash that required a power off. The third time (never fails?) I successfully loaded the save and went on to complete the mission with no problems.

When it crashes, even if I regain control of the computer, the brightness or gamma setting of my graphics card (Nvidia 8800 GT) becomes permanently locked to quite bright. I guess this is my in-game gamma setting not turning off because of abnormal exit. Then the only way I can find to get normal colors back is to power down and power up. Selecting a default profile in the Nvidia control panel does not work at that point. So, no matter what, the crashes are disastrous.

I had this behavior before in the last mission that came out (Patently Dangerous), but a suggestion at the Dark Mod forum fixed it. Maybe it was a patch. I forget.

Have you seen this?
    http://modetwo.net/darkmod/index.php...ost__p__199921

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast