TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Worst booby trap ever

Worst booby trap ever

How do you know when your booby traps suck? When someone like me can spend over a year playing the game on and off without ever realizing that they even exist.

Last night I was going through the hospital in Vernon Square for the umpteenth time, and had snuck past a mutant into the gound floor bathrooms with a "caution" warning. I was crouching on top of one of the toilets to try to peek over the stall to see if I had been followed, when I noticed that there was something in the toilet tank. Microfusion cells and a message asking me if I wanted to disarm a trap!

All this time I thought that those wires were copper water lines for some kind of plumbing thing. What friggin' idiot decided that it would be a good idea to booby trap the absolute worst source of healing in the game? Who's gonna drink from a toilet where there's always a sink right there that they could drink from instead? Ah well, at least now I know to look for trapped toilets in various places when I need ammo for a laser rifle early in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeperStorm View Post
    Who's gonna drink from a toilet where there's always a sink right there that they could drink from instead?
    My dog finds that statement offensive...

Maybe there was a poop gameplay mechanic in a prerelease build of the game.

On the other hand...

... the trapped baby carriages are one of the better booby traps. There's only a small number of them in the game, but after encountering one or two of them you start to treat every baby carriage that you see with great caution, at least until you know if it's trapped or not.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeperStorm View Post
    There's only a small number of them in the game
    Haven't played Point Lookout, I take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    Haven't played Point Lookout, I take it.
    Nah. The expansions don't sound like they're worth it. Maybe when I can get all of them on a DVD for 10 bucks...

The DLC is awesome other than Op Anchorage and Mothership Zeta. Especially Point Lookout.

Point Lookout is definitly the best DLC. Try it, seriously well worth those 800 MP. Oh and those traps are not designed againstyou, the player I guess they are aimed at someone who really tries to relieve himself... and then *Bzzzzzzz*

No. Stop trying to sell me on things that I don't want. And it wouldn't matter how many MP it took, I'm never going to reenable that LIVE! crap on my computer.

jtr7
    Hey! I'm glad to see someone's protesting not having a self-contained system for gaming, where the only equipment and software necessary are what one has with them locally, and a power supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Ostriig View Post
    Maybe there was a poop gameplay mechanic in a prerelease build of the game.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    You know, at least the people with join dates in August 2010 have an excuse for resurrecting an 8-month old thread with stupid nonsense- they're retarded and probably bots. You are not a bot.

jtr7
    Thanks. But no, I am brain-damaged and tired as hell.