TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Unholy Vivid Innocence (Uncadonego's No Pressure (un)Contest 16-12-2009)

T2 FM - Unholy Vivid Innocence (Uncadonego's No Pressure (un)Contest 16-12-2009)

Hi all

I'd like to take this opportunity to announce my 3rd mission, Unholy Vivid Innocence. It is release as an entry to Uncadonego's No Pressure (un)Contest.

* Story *

As legends have it, there are a lot of valuables down in a crypt aptly called 'Halls of the Damned'.
    As legends also have it, those halls are protected by guardians upon which no mortal can bear to look.
    But as reality has it, the rent is due, and for me reality takes precedence over legends. I'm so short
    of money I can't even afford to buy proper equipment. The main gate is blocked by a Guardian but tonight
    I'm using my trusty rope arrow to go down there and clean the place. I just need to find a way to destroy
    the Guardians to have any chance of success.

* Notes *

The Unholy Guardians hurt you only if *you* see *them*. To avoid them simply look the other way as you
    pass them by. Later in the mission you will be provided with the means to defeat them.

There is a puzzle in this mission (involving eight torches) which is not too difficult to solve. However
    if this is not your cup of tea, you can find its solution in the Hints directory installed with the
    mission.

There are only a few readables in this mission, but they all contain very important information. So make
    sure you read them carefully.

You can download it from the main thread: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130131

Please post all your comments/questions here and keep the thread mentioned above only for generic comments about the contest.

There is a hint for every puzzle in the mission. If you can't figure something out, try completing the other objectives and you will eventually find the clues you need.

I want to thank my beta testers who were instrumental in polishing the game play and also the people at TTLG who answered my numerous questions. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Haplo; 24th Dec 2009 at 17:09.

Congratulations on the release, Haplo!

Congratulations on the release, Haplo! This is a very intriguing, puzzle based mission that should keep the loot hunters happy for quite awhile. I thoroughly enjoyed testing it, even after going through several versions. Enjoy!

I'm really loving this mission so far, there's a bit of a learning curve at first with the haunts you can't look at that won't attack you and the other haunts you CAN look at that will happily give you a brutal stabbing, once you get use to it though it's really clever! Plus, some of these puzzles are really intelligently done, you really feel like you deserve a pat on the back for solving them yet they're very doable even for the not-so-puzzle inclined (like me, for example).

That said, I'm stuck.
    I'm all the way up to the sword. Still haven't found the keeper I'm looking for or done any of the optional objectives besides the wax key impression (and I stumbled upon the key to that completely on accident. I don't want all out spoilers, but some help in pointing me in the right direction about a few things I would appreciate greatly:

1. Finding the key to that room which sort of looks like an office at the end that great hall with all of the surprisingly passive skeletons.
    2. Getting into the area beyond the small hole in the room where you find the keeper journal that gives you the new objectives (the second keeper journal, the one in the room that's destroyed, not the one near the statue).
    3. Lastly, the significance of that pit of lava in the lowest part of the crypt. Any way across it? Is it just there for show?

Also, that key the skeleton is holding right at the entrance isn't suppose to be frobable is it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    Also, that key the skeleton is holding right at the entrance isn't suppose to be frobable is it?
    It took me a while, but I found it out: He wants to give you the key if you do him a favor. What could that be?

Lastly, the significance of that pit of lava in the lowest part of the crypt. Any way across it? Is it just there for show?
    You'll find a purpose later.
    Last edited by PotatoGuy; 16th Dec 2009 at 04:44.

The Mike, on question 1 and 2: You'll find out later
    Enjoy the mission!

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Alright, beat it! This FM really was great man, and I have to give some special mention to that maze, GOD THAT GOT ME ON EDGE. Never did finish most of those alternate objectives, so I'll definitely end up going back to it (despite what I said earlier, could I trouble you for a more specific hint regarding that key, Potato?).

This was the first mission of the non-contest I played, and it's off to a great start! I'm brewing myself some coffee as we speak so I can stay up all night playing them....or, y'know, at least until I pass out and go face first onto my keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    Alright, beat it! This FM really was great man, and I have to give some special mention to that maze, GOD THAT GOT ME ON EDGE. Never did finish most of those alternate objectives, so I'll definitely end up going back to it (despite what I said earlier, could I trouble you for a more specific hint regarding that key, Potato?).
    Thanks. Glad you liked it.
    There is a hint for every puzzle in the mission. You get a hint about your question too when you get to a certain location. Just try to finish the other optional objectives and you will eventually get there.

This is a fun, inventive mission. I'm stuck, though. I'd prefer a STRONG hint, but an outright spoiler is fine also. I'm NOT looking for a vague hint.

I picked up the blade, and killed the haunts, and there's still one statue against the wall underneath the ghost screen. It looks like there's a cavity behind the statue. How do I get to it (how do I get the statue to move, if a switch, where's the switch)? There's also a graveyard with a door at one end, but I can't open the door. Is there a way (and how)? There are 2 locked doors, one in the hall with the watching skeletons, one right near the room with the circle of magic torches. How do I open these (where is the key)? Otherwise, I'm stuck.

Found the gold bone in the secret room off the ghost screen room, and the glyph that moves that statue, so I can cross that off, but I'm still stuck.

Oh yes, there's also the frobbable keeper statue next to a door. I assume I need to use something on the statue to open the door, but what? Where do I get it?

@Eigenface: It seems you came across a small glitch that wasn't discovered during beta testing. You were not supposed to open the iron gate to the bridge over the water by blindly frobbing its switch which is on the other side of the wall. By doing that, you broke the logic of the game (and bypassed two of its puzzles). Sorry about that. I'd recommend you to restart.

And as for a hint, check the room with a lot of debris and rockfall.

The mission is totally playable as long as you don't do this. Still, I have uploaded a fixed version.
    Last edited by Haplo; 16th Dec 2009 at 07:10.

Can I get a hint regarding the
    spoiler:
    key mold and where to use it
    ? I'm pretty much stuck now and it seems like I am walking forever in circles.

Clearinghouse
    Haplo, thanks for version 1.1

kabatta, what do you still have left to do? You don't actually use the key mold anywhere. It just completes an objective so that's not the answer to your confusion.

spoiler:
    I have to find keeper Batlamius, the remainder of the golden skeleton and the diamond drill. And i see that there are coins on the floor of the big hall with bridges. How do you get down there?

To find Batlamius

Hint 1: Did you read the keeper journal you found carefully? It contains a clue.
    Hint 2: He disappeared between the Blade room and the place where you turned off the deadly fog. Check that area carefully.
    Hint 3: Look UP!

Coins

Hint: There's a Thief trick that not everyone is aware of. If you are carrying a body when you are falling a long distance, you can avoid taking damage by dropping the body with the "R" key at the last second.

I hope that helps and that I didn't give too much away.

Thank you for the help.

OK, I haven't gotten very far yet and I'm already stuck. I went down a ladder and made it to the room with the medallion, but the gate closes as I pick it up. Now I'm stuck in this room with no way out. Help, please? I only have water arrows.

As the on-screen message says, you will have to drop the medallion to re-open the gate. Perhaps you can get it another way later?

Thanks ffox, that was helpful. How clever.

Now I'm stuck again. I see that I need a magic wand for the torch puzzle. Where is that? I'm also looking for the talisman of death. Help please?

You may have to explore a bit before you find the magic wand. Have you been in the room where you find the Keeper's Journal? If so, check around in there carefully. If not, keep looking! You need to complete this quest before you can find the Talisman of Death.

Thanks Nightwalker, that did it. But again I'm stuck. I have the blade and found the dead keeper, destroyed his journal. There's a locked door with a special lock by the stairs down to the blade. How do I open it? And where is the key to the scepter?

Quote Originally Posted by Verak View Post
    Thanks Nightwalker, that did it. But again I'm stuck. I have the blade and found the dead keeper, destroyed his journal. There's a locked door with a special lock by the stairs down to the blade. How do I open it? And where is the key to the scepter?
    The lock: Go back to Catafalque and look around carefully.
    The Scepter: Try finding the diamond drill first. You'll get a hint on how to get the scepter.

Thanks Haplo, I got the drillbit and the wax impression. That was sneaky. Never did find all the golden bones or a way into the room with the scepter. But that doesn't matter 'cuz this was a great mission. Thanks a lot!!

Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast