TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM – The Crypt of St. Lucian (Uncadonego's No Pressure (un)Contest 15.12.2009)

T2 FM – The Crypt of St. Lucian (Uncadonego's No Pressure (un)Contest 15.12.2009)

Hello All.

Well here we are. I humbly present my second Fan Mission “The Crypt of St. Lucian” All comments are welcome, would like to get as much feedback as you can spare. I did not have the time to get a proper beta test in so here may be the odd typo or downright misspelling. Hope you enjoy anyhow.
    Thank to Uncadonego, Haplo and Brethren for conception and hosting accordingly.

Download it from the main thread: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130131

Please post all your comments/questions about my mission here and keep the thread mentioned above only for generic comments about the contest.

This one was a lot of fun to play, especially near the end...When I got to that inner crypt, I finally put all of those weapons and explosive charges you gave us to good use. Zombie parts EVERYWHERE. It was awesome.

Congrats on the release, Lost Soul and on finishing a second mission. Looking forward to playing it.

Great mission and thank you!

Clearinghouse
    I just finished and have to say it was an excellent mission
    Congrats and thank you, Lost Soul

I like the message behind the door. I guess Thief fans are getting pretty predictable.

the city area is great, LS!
    the toolboxes are frustrating though can they all be opened in game?

Really awesome mission! I was pretty confident that I had came and conquered all until I saw the stats- 800 loot short!

Classical Master 2008
    Again, I really liked the formal variety in this one. Never over-complex, but always a little visual treat here or there.

I've got a question:
    How do you open the crate marked with an "X"?
    I tried to open it using the explosive device + 1 fire arrow but it didn't work, so I guess there must be another way...

Hello all.
    Thanks for the comments so far, it’s always good to know people are enjoying/ed it.
    @ intruder. The answer to that is You cannot get into it. What was meant to be was that the other footlocker, in the secure part of the store, was meant to have a cross on it as well and if it was opened it would explode. But as usual I did not quite know how to do it and I ran out of time.

Is there a loot list for this mission? I'm otherwise done, but I'm still almost 200 loot short.

Yes a loot list would be nice as I have all objectives done except for the loot requirement. I am short just less than 600. Anyone?

A lootlist would be nice. I completed the game with 3642. I had to go back into the crypts to get that. The rope arrow is required to find some of it. The first small round room for one.

It was refreshing to have more than enough weaponary to play with the zombies. Mines were enough to take all of them out except for one on the exit. I may play again just to try some other methods.

Just played a second time and got full loot. Wouldn't mind having a 3rd time through (the hallmark of a solid fm! ) so if there's not one up by tomorrow I might be able to put a list together.

Some of the loot I missed 1st time through:

There's an open window right above the start point that you can access with a ropey.

In the flooded cylinder where you get one of the vault keys there are many coins on the floor.

I hope to see more missions from you, Lost Soul!

Hello all again and again thanks for the poz feedback.
    At the moment there is no loot list as such but I can tell you were most of the goodies are:

The open window above the start position. ((good show on Vexd for that spot)
    Inside Sam’s Store. (quite a lot through the widow and down in the store.)
    In the guarded green gatehouse on the second floor.
    Inside Talus’s house. (as you walk in there is a stash under your feet below the floorboards.)
    The rest is down in the Crypt. (lots of scattered coins, you have to have a good root about)

Hope this helps.

Btw. It really gives me a warm feeling to think that all you Taffers are having a good time with this mission. It makes all the work worth while. I will be doing some more.
    All the Best

I enjoyed this mission quite a lot. It had been a long time since I had killed that many zombies.
    And it had enough arsenal to kill all the undead in The Inverted Manse and Sepulchre of Sinistral combined!

I was planning on ghosting the undead, but when I saw them and noticed how many weapons I had, I couldn't resist. I especially liked how that area looked btw, and in particalur the tower with the hammer. Hope to see much more of you, and thank you for this wonderful mission!

Classical Master 2008
    It is a very inviting setup. Lots of undead in a tight choke point, and a ton of mines. The pieces were still twitching when I left the area!*

*Due to landing on sloped terrain, but still.

The main reason I'm generally not too fond of undead missions is that I dislike having lots of enemies around that I have no way of neutralizing. In that sense, this mission was almost therapeutic: For once, I was able to blow them all up without worrying about running out of equipment at some critical point!

Edit: This is a very minor detail, but for some reason, the name of this FM is displayed in DarkLoader as "An Old Friend"...?
    Last edited by Jah; 18th Dec 2009 at 13:43.

Loved this one

I really liked playing this one, a very nice mission, good storyline, good gameplay, good sounds, and great design

Looking foward for more.

Again this is a mission of high quality

Yes... sometimes ya just gotta blow $h!t up.

I'm quite disappointed with myself for forgetting the explosive device until too late, but I still had fun with that zombie sandbox. I reloaded that room several times and managed to get the equipment usage down to one noisemaker arrow and two mines (just for the sake of efficiency), and for all my tidy-ness there were still zombie parts clear to the ceiling.

Nice little mission, LS

Quote Originally Posted by Jah View Post
    Edit: This is a very minor detail, but for some reason, the name of this FM is displayed in DarkLoader as "An Old Friend"...?
    I spotted that as well, I thought it was just my computer because that was the first FM that I released for the 10th anniversary contest. The upshot is I have no idea why it does that. Maybe someone can enlighten us/me.

Thanks for playing LS

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Soul View Post
    I spotted that as well, I thought it was just my computer because that was the first FM that I released for the 10th anniversary contest. The upshot is I have no idea why it does that. Maybe someone can enlighten us/me.

Thanks for playing LS
    Check strings\titles.str

I noticed it when I hosted it, but I thought you had done it on purpose.

key for door to bldg near Talus'

there is a bldg across from his with a locked door, not finding the key.

nevermind, found it.
    Last edited by Shadowcrawler; 20th Dec 2009 at 03:44.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast