TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Flip A Coin (Uncadonego's No Pressure (un)Contest, 12/15/2009)

T2 FM - Flip A Coin (Uncadonego's No Pressure (un)Contest, 12/15/2009)

download link on this thread
    Nothing fancy, bread and butter type mission, very small. Should keep you busy 20min. to 35min.

have fun

love this typical thief mission!I have a code but havent seen anywhere to input the numbers...also..I am in the house with the slide down wall and there is a safe,but havent found a key?

You'll get to the key eventually. Just keep exploring! I had a lot of fun testing this. There's a lot packed into this small mission, sewers, rooftops and all the things we've come to expect from an uncadonego mission.

Really nice mission, uncadanego! Had a lot of fun with this one. There's just nothing like straightforward, classic Thief! Thanks for this.

wow, the Grimworths' house has... "innovative" architecture!
    before I wander too far away: I've gotten into the top apartment (#8), is there a way into #6?
    EDIT: same way as getting into #8 - look at the balcony and...
    somehow I missed 70 loot and 2 secrets? wow, I need to be more observant!

a warning about SHAS: be careful trying to drop down on the westernmost street-level guard from the house with the white ledge.
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 16th Dec 2009 at 15:00.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    a warning about SHAS: be careful trying to drop down on the westernmost street-level guard from the house with the white ledge.
    Yes, I found that also.

I'm now at over 1:20 play time and still running in circles looking for the safe key and somewhere to enter the code. Obviously, I've overlooked something, but visiting everywhere repeatedly stopped being fun long ago. Please spoil it for me, as I'm ready to quit.

I don't remember where I found the safe key but the safe with the combo lock is in the Rothchild's place (the one with the archer on the roof). In the dining room there is a large cabinet next to the stairs that will highlight if you get close to it. The safe is behind that cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by That Miserable Thief View Post
    I'm now at over 1:20 play time and still running in circles looking for the safe key and somewhere to enter the code. Obviously, I've overlooked something, but visiting everywhere repeatedly stopped being fun long ago. Please spoil it for me, as I'm ready to quit.
    yes I gave up too,it fails to be fun going round in circles for ages,I was told I would eventually come to it...but we are creatures of habit and obviously miss the same things time after time...lol

I just came back to check as I didnt get an answer ...so now I can re-load the fm and try again.

there I am scouring the level, looking in every little nook and cranny for any teeny tiny little switches and I totally miss the large table/cupboardy thing that glows whenever I get near it

nice mission, I think I went the wrong way round it though the top floor apartment need a new door now

also I think the stove in the Grimworths kitchen is going to fail it's health and safety check I found both the guard and the cook dead next to it so I gave it a wide berth

yeah I lost most of my life shields just walking past that cooker!.....it needs looking at by a Korgi registered Mechanist

How do I get inside the Shemenov's? The only way in I've found is a locked door that is unpickable.

Check the sewers. You'll have to use a broadhead/moss arrow.

Thanks. I had actually found that near the beginning of the mission, but then forgot about it.

Quote Originally Posted by That Miserable Thief View Post
    The safe location was already answered (frob a dresser on bottom floor in the Rothchild's). The safe key is in the Grimworth's, in a chest, in a room near the kitchen on the bottom floor. I had to jump from the Rothchild's to the Grimworth's to enter (not easy).

- prjames

P.S. I played on hard difficulty.
    Last edited by prjames; 17th Dec 2009 at 17:42. Reason: (Note the difficulty)

I played on expert and the safe key was on a table in the little room behind the large table/cupboardy thing that frobbed in the rothschilds place

maybe it moves depending on difficulty

A good, solid mission. Thanks Uncadonego.
    The cupboard got me too.

Good, traditional, fun mission - & with some excellent layout packed into the small area Thanx, uncadonego!

No problems finding things, but a couple of jumps were right 'at the edge' of do-able.

This was a great little mission - and I mean little in size, gameplay was huge. Very well done.

NewDark 64 Contest Winner
    I really enjoyed the twisty bits inside the houses, and how some parts of the floors were kind of tucked away. It added alot more to the interiors of the houses.

I also liked the little touches that added some personality to the mission like the lady's shrine in the one house, the series of horse paintings in another upper floor, and the rats that were cowering about in the niches.

There was one rat that when I picked up its dead corpse it showed me carrying a human body.

I started out with the intention of ghosting this thing, but I had to give it up, because I couldn't find a way onto the rooftops of the last two houses and I kept alerting all the guards by crashing about. If I play again I'll ghost this bad boy. Still missing 60 loot too.

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    there I am scouring the level, looking in every little nook and cranny for any teeny tiny little switches and I totally miss the ...
    Same here. Was about to shrug and give up on it - I dislike coming here to look for hints, but I too wouldn't have tried that without being told.

Which was the only thing holding me back from perfect loot and the coin.

A fantastic mission uncadonego! Just the kind I like (as most of yours are). Straightforward, vintage Thief. Ah, I just never get tired of it. Excellent job packing a lot of great gameplay into such a small map. Loved the rooftop hopping and the three very individual houses. Thanks for another fine mission. Lots of fun, thanks!

While I have to say that getting into the houses was something of a chore, once I was inside each one I found them enjoyable little heists. Overall I enjoyed this mission, and I agree that the house layouts were a nice change of pace.

Lol that archer on the roof was a pita! Great challenge. I tried to get by him I don't know how many times before I said hell with it and shot him. I rarely ever kill any humans, but god he pissed me off lol. Didn't lower my opinion of the mission any though.

Thank you for this mission and for the contest idea. Having fun so far.

I missed a bit of loot though. Any chance of a lootlist?

This one is quite enjoyable a mission. Judging by the comments made here, it looks like the key for the safe is placed at different locations based on the difficulty setting. I played on Normal difficulty and found it...

Hint 1: in the house where an archer patrols the roof.
    Hint 2: on the ground floor of said house.
    Hint 3: in a hidden compartment behind a large desk you have to frob. You have to enter a four-digit code found elsewhere in the mission before you can enter.

a very nice mission, thank you for locking yourself in a dark room for months on end developing it and releasing it

yet again you managed to put a smile on my face

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast