TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Sun Within and The Sun Without v1.3 (December 23rd, 2009)

Well, the Easter Egg pdf came out, and while it was somewhat helpful in things I've already figured out, it completely failed to address the issue I had described in my Jan 30 post, so I guess it bears asking again.

Could someone please tell me, in a completely explicit, detailed, complete and spoilery manner, what to do exactly with the basketball once you have acquired it?

WOOOW!!!! qolelis !
    and when I thought I had played some frustrating missions before then yours came along!
    Jesus man! You have some twisted mind yourself!
    It is sooo not easy to be a thief these days
    All I wanted was some money for my rent, why oh! why? I should have listened to my mom and be a carpenter or something.
    But then, I may become rich if I write and publish the story of my life
    For half the time I could not make out what was going on but then again different universes tend to do this to a person, (not to mention how stupid this person can be since after finding my arrows never thought to see if I also had broadheads )
    But, anyway it was an amazing experience and I thank you so much for giving this to me.
    It will be more than great if you manage to make a part 2 someday. You created an adventure I would pay good money to buy if it was on the market.
    I even liked falling a lot but I wish the death screen could not come up so soon, so to have more time to look around while going to my death
    One more thing, if/when you make part 2 ,please make a portal to take us to the past so we can visit the village

And... PotatoGuy very good walkthrough helped me a lot with some secrets
    Last edited by nightchild; 10th Mar 2010 at 22:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowgrab View Post
    Could someone please tell me, in a completely explicit, detailed, complete and spoilery manner, what to do exactly with the basketball once you have acquired it?
    I sent you a PM.

I even liked falling a lot but I wish the death screen could not come up so soon, so to have more time to look around while going to my death
    I initially had a longer fall, but due to technical limitations, I had to shorten it. You could try and ride the small asteroid that revolves around the two bigger ones, if you want to take a look from afar (be wary of crashes though (the engine might not like it)). Ask bob_doe_nz how s/he did it
    (http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...de#post1949857).

One more thing, if/when you make part 2 ,please make a portal to take us to the past so we can visit the village
    That's the plan anyway... I had already built a major part of the village when I realized I had to remove it because of technical limitations.

Thanks for playing

I would appreciate it if I could get that basketball pm too. Would you be so kind Qolelis?

Yes, I would be so kind

I'm having troubles with your quest. I know where to put the password, but I either can't figure it out, or the archive is corrupt, cause I keep getting error messages, saying there are no files in the archive....

Please, send me a PM with the passwords you have tried, so I can verify if you've found the right one. Also, from where did you download my FM? If I know that, I can download it myself and check out if something has gone wrong in the zip. You could also try re-downloading it, in case your previous download got (partly) corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by qolelis View Post
    Please, send me a PM with the passwords you have tried, so I can verify if you've found the right one. Also, from where did you download my FM? If I know that, I can download it myself and check out if something has gone wrong in the zip. You could also try re-downloading it, in case your previous download got (partly) corrupt.
    No worries! I figured it out!
    The archive is fine...
    But while were here, I thought Ide ask you....
    About the secret mission. Im having a heck of a time figuring out those clues you gave. I really wanna find the basketball court, and that secret wine bottle. And Im TOTALLY stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMan008 View Post
    About the secret mission. Im having a heck of a time figuring out those clues you gave. I really wanna find the basketball court, and that secret wine bottle. And Im TOTALLY stuck.
    To begin with, the wine bottle can be found in the main mission and the basketball court in the secret mission.

What do you do when you are lost?

Thank you qolelis for a most excellent mission.! It is very creative and well constructed. I like the adventure content, the puzzles, the difficulty, the architecture, and the scenery. I spent three fun and exciting evenings playing it, probably 12 hours total. I am looking forward to the next installment.

I finished on Expert with a little help from this forum. I looked up one or two obvious things that I should have discovered myself, and a few not-so-obvious things like dropping the ring and the location of two secrets, including the holy mushroom.

The holy mushroom has got to be one of the most well-hidden items of all time. I definitely had sweaty palms with that one and almost tipped over my computer table while trying to stay on the ledge.

In my first run through I came up 1000 short of max loot (2980 / 3980) and short one secret. My main problem was that I freed the sun before I came to the forum and learned that the mother sun was needed to get into a major loot area. That would be my one criticism of the mission, that it seems to be impossible to access that area after the sun is freed, unless I missed something. I could not get the baby sun to go back into its cage.

So I replayed it with Potato Guy's walk through and located all the stuff I had missed, consisting of the above loot area plus a few odd nuggets.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    That would be my one criticism of the mission, that it seems to be impossible to access that area after the sun is freed, unless I missed something.
    Actually, you did miss something There is an alternative route inside - one that will work best after you have freed the starchild. Search the outside of the empty "planetoid" (the one with the mines) for a third tunnel entrance. It may seem impossible to reach, but remember the main feature of this FM... (i.e. bring a crate and a rope arrow).

Thanks for playing

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    The holy mushroom has got to be one of the most well-hidden items of all time. I definitely had sweaty palms with that one and almost tipped over my computer table while trying to stay on the ledge.
    I was climbing around one day while still building and by mere chance I discovered, after falling to my death a couple of times, that it was actually possible to get down there (and up again), so I decided to place something special there for the experienced climbers.

Actually, you did miss something
    Thanks for the clue. Ha ha. I found it, and I did it. Not too difficult when you are told it is there, but it was a challenge to find without prior knowledge. The crate and arrow placement took a little work.

I really can't make it......
    Rope is in the crate but always fall in space..........

Of course....I succeeded after posting.......

Now I only have the twin gems objective to fullfill. But I am trapped in the cave with the ghost as the teleport down the ladder does not work anymore....
    Last edited by maga; 2nd Oct 2011 at 08:11.

I entered in an area where I can capture a star with two doors, how can I exit from it? First I passed through a fake sun painting, but now I can't go past, because that painting oddly became solid

Just a heads up....Southquarter link in original post is 404.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    I entered in an area where I can capture a star with two doors, how can I exit from it? First I passed through a fake sun painting, but now I can't go past, because that painting oddly became solid
    Linda, I'm sorry, I just can't remember (which is embarrassing because I tested this mission). Can you give a few more details of what is around you?

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    How did you manage to pass through the Sun door? Oh well, I should probably look at that some day, because you are not supposed to be able to pass through it. Unfortunately, with the Sun door locked and you inside, there is no way out, so you will have to start all over again. Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    I just can't remember (which is embarrassing because I tested this mission).
    Well, it's been 3 years and a large number of FMs since then, so who could blame you for not remembering every detail.
    Last edited by qolelis; 13th Feb 2013 at 21:17. Reason: Changed "closed" to "locked".

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    Now I only have the twin gems objective to fullfill. But I am trapped in the cave with the ghost as the teleport down the ladder does not work anymore....
    Sorry about the late reply.

Which teleport is that? Did you possibly mean the elevator? If so: Have you turned on the supply of energy and steam?

Just wanna say, your FM has become one of my favorite FM, good work !
    I liked the association of old civilization, tomb, space, sun, asteroid...
    Something magic is emanates from this FM.

(I've converted the mission with DromEd V1.22 into 32 bits lighting, and had no bugs at all)
    (If you'll plan to do a sequel, I'll be pleased to translate it into french.)

I had chills reading the citizens' "pleas to the gods".

"I do not want to burn to death."

Spoooooky! I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Apiai View Post
    Just wanna say, your FM has become one of my favorite FM, good work !
    I liked the association of old civilization, tomb, space, sun, asteroid...
    Something magic is emanates from this FM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaime Lannister View Post
    I had chills reading the citizens' "pleas to the gods".

"I do not want to burn to death."

Spoooooky! I loved it.
    Wow, thanks! It's always nice to see people enjoying my work.

Quote Originally Posted by Apiai View Post
    (I've converted the mission with DromEd V1.22 into 32 bits lighting, and had no bugs at all)
    (If you'll plan to do a sequel, I'll be pleased to translate it into french.)
    No sequel is planned at the time being, but I have something else cooking. Thanks for your offer, it's greatly appreciated.

I just want to know if posting screenshots of the outdoor areas is still not allowed. I think some screenshots of the outdoor areas could be useful for reviews or such now that quite a bit of time has passed.

That's quite alright.

I'm replaying this one on hard.
    I cannot find the thief and the lucky charm I read that they are difficulty dependent, so any hint is highly appreciated, thanks!!!!
    Last edited by maga; 19th Sep 2015 at 08:14.

I no longer remember all the details, so I had to look in DromEd:
    On Hard it is a bit complicated: You will have to force your entrance into the cave where you'll find a dead body crushed under a big rock (plus some loot). Some explosives will come in handy.

Extra hint:
    Once you enter the above cave you will have to climb into a tunnel and follow that to its end, where you will find what you are looking for, but be sure to watch your step (some crates might come in handy (ignore the ladder for now)).

Bonus hint:
    Rope arrows might also come in handy.
    Last edited by qolelis; 20th Sep 2015 at 14:56.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast