TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Sun Within and The Sun Without v1.3 (December 23rd, 2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Cat View Post
    Ring of Clarity opens secret passage in the room, where the fire appears as you enter it, it also turns off that fire.
    Thanks! That explains the sudden disappearance of the fire and the opening of the secret passage.

A hint on the two gems: Check near the place marked "office" on the map. A slightly more direct hint without outright spoiling it: Beside the ladder that leads up to the office, there is a door that you have to open somehow. Direct spoiler: You have to activate all heat/energy transfer stations in the mission. If you do that, the door opens. Behind it, an elevator leads down to the two gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    (Helpful information.)
    Thanks for the explanations!

How do I get a copy of the walkthru by PotatoGuy?

Hello all where can I find fire arrows to open the fire door??
    Great mission so far but I am stuck,

As far as I know, it won't open if fired upon with fire arrows. You need a different item. The clue about which item that is you'll find in a readable.

Hint 1: First, you have to get to the top of the sun tower.
    Hint 2: Read the book near the skeleton of the stargazer.
    Hint 3: The fire crystal lies beneath the telescope on the roof of the sun tower.

Can someone give me a hint about where the dead thief and my lucky charm are? I did everything else but can't find the thief. Thanks!

Great mission btw!

Thanks but which one is the sun tower? Ive been running around everywhere!

EDIT: I am now on my way up the tower. Thanks!!
    Last edited by pwl; 23rd Dec 2009 at 16:59.

Okay I have 4 questions:

1. Where is the ring?
    2. How do I get to the room above the water room?
    3. I found the dead thief but no charm...where is it?
    4. Where do I get the walkthru by PotatoGuy?

Thanks for any help!

Stingm: HINT Go to the outside of the tower and use the crate and rope arrow to climb up. It is not very easy to throw crate up to the proper spot so you can get an arrow stuck to it but it can be done!
    Last edited by pwl; 23rd Dec 2009 at 18:46.

For those who cannot find the theif and charm.
    SPOILER:look around outside the rock you start out on go down the side and look over the cliffs edge you will find the theif and then below him you will find charm.

I want to say that this mission was one of the most enjoyable ones I've played to date thanx to the creator!!
    Last edited by pwl; 23rd Dec 2009 at 18:58.

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    For those who cannot find the theif and charm.
    The location of the charm is difficulty dependent.

qolelis: this is perfect mission. A lot of new ideas. Congratulation on your excellent work !!!

Stunning
    Really nice mission and the ropecrates are pretty awesome, they add another dimension to climbing puzzles. Well done

Finished with 3480 loot and 4 secrets which means I missed something, probably a big stash as I'm sure I took everything in open sight. Found the family loot stash though, that was really nice to find right at the end.

I got to play a little bit of this mission last night, and got myself thoroughly lost and confused! with some of the direction in this thread, maybe I can salvage what I've done so far

I read that I need to rope crate up the outside of the tower. It is impossible to do this because of the shooting sun. I read that I have to get up to the top of the tower to stop that as well. This makes no sence as there is no apparent way to do it. Can I please just get the walkthru or do I pass on this one? Sorry but its getting way to frustrating. Thanks for any help!

Stingm: You don't have to ropecrate up to the top of the tower. You can get everywhere in the tower from inside. Have you been in the tower yet? make your way up through the doors in the ceiling until you are in the room with the "antigravity" effect. In that room, look for a door in the ceiling that has little bubbles around it. Shoot it with a water arrow. That should get you moving.

Thats where I am at Tanner. I was able to frob the door open, but there is no way to climb out. And you can't use your bow in there. So what now?

Why can't you climb out? Just get onto the ledge under the door and mantle up. Sometimes you have to take a half-step back from the wall to mantle. And don't face the wall that the door slid into, that is harder to mantle.

I will try again but I was unable to mantle out even backing up.

Edit: I tried everything, it is impossible to mantle out. I backed off and everything. Guess this has a massive bug for me that makes it unplayable. And yes I have all the latest scripts. If you have any other ideas, I appreciate any help! Otherwise I guess this mission goes to the recycle bin and gets deleted.
    Last edited by Stingm; 24th Dec 2009 at 14:32.

Stingm, I just thought of something. Are you in the room that is filled with little bubbles? That could be the problem. The instructions I was giving you are for the room above that one.
    Last edited by Tannar; 24th Dec 2009 at 14:49.

Yes the bubble room.....I thought it was invisible water. So what do I do?

Ok, in that room you need to grab a crate, go under the opening in the ceiling and throw the crate through it so that it lands on or very near the edge of the opening. It will probably take several tries to get the crate positioned right so you might want to save beforehand. Once the crate is in position, climb up on the ledge that is highest and nearest the opening. If I recall correctly it looks like the part that would have extended under the opening is broken off. You will need to go to the far corner against the wall in order to get up on that ledge. Once on the ledge, get as close to the opening as you can without falling off, crouch, lean forward and shoot a rope arrow into the crate.

Okay I will try..thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    Okay I will try..thanks!

i used 4 or 5 crates

In caves there is an emergency exit "do not block". I can open it by circle high on the wall and get in. But how to open the other side of exit ? Where is the other side ?

Hi there,

first of all: a BIG THANKS to qolelis for that impressive Mission. It has kept me busy for hours!
    I'm playing on "expert", finished all objectives - but now I have a few open questions:

where is the 5th secret?These are the ones I have found so far:
    1 - access to the family treasure room
    2 - outside, on the "asteroide", northside: nugget under boulders
    3 - asteroide of suntower, westside: holy mushroom
    4 - cave behind light keepers corpse: gold nugget

The special challange:In his initial post qolelis mentioned a basketball. Has anyone found it? If yes, where can I find it?

Top room of sun tower: what is the meaning of that loose stone on the ceiling? I shot it with a fire arrow - and now? Is there something to do with that created hole in the ceiling?

Emergency exits: The first door I've opened - just like Aspirin before me. How can I open the next one?
    Also in the transportation shaft (earth level) there is a plaque that indicates another emergency exit. Is this one openable? If yes - how?

And finally: Is there maybe a lootlist or walkthrough for this FM? I'm still missing 875 gold

Any hints would be welcome!
    Cheers

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast