TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Sun Within and The Sun Without v1.3 (December 23rd, 2009)

Go to the big cave with all the spiders and get into the upper southwest cave. Follow the path until you find a big rock blocking it. Find a way to destroy it.

Another (much harder) way to accomplish the same thing as above is to go to the nearby house that you reach by climbing a ladder, go "outside" and walk across the asteroid and keep an eye out for the glowing mushrooms. Below one of them is a ledge with two boulders that may or may not be important (depends on what difficulty you're playing on) but below the neighbouring mushroom is a small ledge with a mushroom on it. If you can land on this ledge (not easy) you'll find yourself at the mouth of a tunnel that leads to the room that's next to the powder keg room.

The above path is propably better taken if you've...appeased a certain entity first, but PotatoGuy's path actually works better if you haven't appeased anyone, strange as that sounds.

Any idea when the walkthru will be ready?

I did the easy difficulty and found no spiders

So I took the hard route, I don't think there is any other way into this area with the dead light keeper is there?

There is only one path into that area but there is more than one way to approach the path.

Now, Unkillable Cat mentioned a Rat's corpse somewhere. Can I be annoying and ask for clues about it...

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    Now, Unkillable Cat mentioned a Rat's corpse somewhere. Can I be annoying and ask for clues about it...
    I'll soon be gone for a few days again, but before I go:
    The dead rat thing is only present on Hard or Expert. There is a clue about what it does in a certain scroll about a certain kid's certain pet (of that you can be certain ).

How many heat/energy transfers are there? I think I only found two. One through the trapdoor and one outside the tower.

What am I missing?

There are only those two. Why do you think you are missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    There are only those two. Why do you think you are missing something?
    Oops! I thought I had turned them both on but I hadn't.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    So I took the hard route, I don't think there is any other way into this area with the dead light keeper is there?
    The hard route can be made easier by doing two things:
    1. Appease a certain entity as already mentioned.
    2. I think you can guess what the second step is...

There is only one path into that area but there is more than one way to approach the path.
    You had me confused there for a while but then I realized that in all practicality there is actually only one way in - at a time.

taffers

Well, all you taffers have apparently gone way past the place where I am stuck. I am in the very first cave area, where the spiders and ghost are. I haave gone down the shaft, but can't figure anything out with this mission. I am probably missing the most obvious, but would like a spoiler please.

There are several ways you can proceed from that cave. Here are some options:

I am not sure which shaft you are referring to. Do you mean the one that has a metal door over the top for which you need a key? If so, then you have already been up into the room with the mine boss' note because that is where that key is. If you go back to that room and outside into the large cave, around the corner you will find another room with a wheel on the wall that will teleport you to another part of the mission. You should explore that large cave first though.

If you haven't been up there yet, just follow the cave you are in until you find a ladder going up.

A second way to proceed from where you are is to first put a rope crate up on the beam which is nearest the tunnel opening high in the wall. Get into that opening and explore outside. You will find another tunnel opening that is blocked by rubble. You can use the sun to clear the rubble and proceed down that tunnel. I hope this helps.

In first cave in the second place with column and four beams there is a small hole. I can see another cave there with a part of yellow wall and black energy trasporter. How can I get there ???

Go to the wall and hit a loose stone with your blackjack.

Is there a walkthrough on this mission? I am at the point that just to move on to another section is hours of trying different things, coming here and seeing that others have asked for a walkthrough. I don't have the ring, I can't open any of the doors that are faces. I can go from the elevator shaft down, I can go up the ladder by the elevator shaft, I have been through the 1st cave, the second one where you blow away the rock, the third one where there is a shaft that has all the cave entrances coming out to it, I have the suns. I don't know where to go now, nor do I know what to do, other than possibly deleting the game.

First, all but one of the elemental doors can be opened by shooting them with the corresponding arrow (moss, water, fire, gas). The one that can't be opened that way is in the bottom room of the tower, the earth room. There is a note next to the door explaining why it can't be opened that way. You will need something else to use on that door.

You will have to get to the top of the tower, both the top room and the roof. Have you made it into the room in the tower with the bubbles where it is like swimming through water a bit? If so, read this post.

That should get you going. Hope this helps.

Clearinghouse
    Give me a BIG hint for the basketball please.

Sorry clearing, I can't give you a BIG hint before asking permission to Qolelis, but I think another small hint can't hurt.

Hint - From all people, I would have exspected you to be the first one to find it.

First, all but one of the elemental doors can be opened by shooting them with the corresponding arrow (moss, water, fire, gas). The one that can't be opened that way is in the bottom room of the tower, the earth room. There is a note next to the door explaining why it can't be opened that way. You will need something else to use on that door.

You will have to get to the top of the tower, both the top room and the roof. Have you made it into the room in the tower with the bubbles where it is like swimming through water a bit? If so, read this post.

That should get you going. Hope this helps.
    No, I haven't found that tower, haven't found the anti gravity place, haven't found anything. Will go back and attempt to open the elemental doors.

@tafferjim: I'm confused now. Those elemental doors are in the tower I am talking about. You are already there.

But just in case I'm wrong, if you go up the ladder by the elevator into the room with the mine boss' note, then leave that room and go around the corner you will find a small room with a wheel on the wall. That is a teleporter that will take you to some caves on the other asteroid. Explore the caves and you will find the rooms of the tower.

Thanks

I finished the mission finally. Thanks for all the help.

the sun within and the sun without

what small hole is asprin talking about, the second cave i can see a hole high up opposit a beem,cant find another, been in the low gravity room shot a water arrow ,nothing happens,mabee i have to do something else first,,been in powder room,

I am not sure what small hole Aspirin is referring to. There is a small hole just outside the breakable block wall in the first cave with the invisible light keeper. That hole looks into the second cave that the light keeper patrols. You can get there from the first cave by putting a rope crate on the beam nearest the opening high in the wall.

As for the anti-gravity room, there seems to be some confusion about this. There are actually two rooms that have an "anti-gravity" effect of sorts and one is above the other. In the lower one, it is not actually anit-gravity but water that you are swimming through. There is an opening in the ceiling of that room that leads up to the other anti-gravity room.

In the water room, you need to grab a crate, go under the opening in the ceiling and throw the crate through it so that it lands on or very near the edge of the opening. It will probably take several tries to get the crate positioned right so you might want to save beforehand. Once the crate is in position, climb up on the ledge that is highest and nearest the opening. If I recall correctly it looks like the part that would have extended under the opening is broken off. You will need to go to the far corner against the wall in order to get up on that ledge. Once on the ledge, get as close to the opening as you can without falling off, crouch, lean forward and shoot a rope arrow into the crate.

Once you get to the upper room, that is where you will need the water arrow. One of the ceiling doors in that room has little bubbles around it. Shoot that door with the water arrow.

Doug: go to the place where you are teleported in caves first time (you see spiders and invisible ghost below you). Turn back and you'll see wall. You can get stones from this wall one by one and get to the place behind small hole.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast