TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Sun Within and The Sun Without v1.3 (December 23rd, 2009)

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    Give me a BIG hint for the basketball please.
    Hint:
    Look beyond the very borders of this world.

Trails of starch from a special root will reveal more clues later.

the sun within and the sun without

thanks asprin and tannar,i had already been in that cave by using stones still cant find the place asprin was on about,got to the top of the tower,now at a locked door,near something i had to kill,

Quote Originally Posted by qolelis View Post
    Hint:
    Look beyond the very borders of this world.
    I have tried this by jumping onto moving asteroid but without any result...

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    I have tried this by jumping onto moving asteroid
    That's what I did. Riding it leads to Scene complexity too high

LOOKING FOR BASKETBALL:

maybe we've found something. How many asteroids are there ?

The small "garden" or how to name it is on one side of big asteroid with suntower. You can jump onto small asteroid from that point. But asteroid didn't get me to any interesting place and finally I hit invisible world barrier and asteroid disappeared => death. So this one doesn't lead to anything...

Another one ??? In big asteroid there is a rock vertical tunnel. You can get from them into trasportation place with red lights. Small asteroid is moving below this vertical tunnel but I'm not able to jump onto it. Has anybody made it ???

qolelis: I love FMs where I can get to higher and higher "levels" of secrets, easter eggs, etc.
    Last edited by Aspirin; 1st Jan 2010 at 15:22.

I agree with Stingm. This one is difficult. Walkthrough please....

Quote Originally Posted by qolelis View Post
    Trails of starch from a special root will reveal more clues later.
    Hmm, I wonder what that means...

sun tower, top level, air section

how do you get up to that level from the water/bubble room? I have tried rope crates, but cannot get close enough to the crates to sink a rope arrow.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

The answer is in this post.

Two gems?

I think I've turned on both energy transfer rooms. (Both rooms have the black stuff in them, I can't enter them, and blue energy is running across both rooms.)

Yet, when I go to the office, and go down the staircase to where the sign says "No one can enter until I've spoken to Qaitan", the elevator door is still closed.

What am I missing? Did I really turn both energy transfer rooms on? If I didn't, how do I know they're both on?

- prjames

P.S. I'm playing on "normal" difficulty if it matters.

It sounds like you did it right but just to double check, there are two small wheels in the transfer control room that you get to outside the tower. One is for heat and one is for energy. I can't remember off the top of my head which color goes with which but you could be sure they are both turned on just to be safe. Having the heat turned on isn't necessary but it won't hurt anything.

As silly as it sounds, you could also check to see that nothing is obstructing the door. And you might just try a reload of an earlier save and turn them on again.

If none of this solves it, I don't know what to say. It should work as long as the energy is turned on in both locations. Perhaps qolelis will have an idea when he returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    It sounds like you did it right but just to double check, there are two small wheels in the transfer control room that you get to outside the tower. One is for heat and one is for energy. I can't remember off the top of my head which color goes with which but you could be sure they are both turned on just to be safe. Having the heat turned on isn't necessary but it won't hurt anything.

Well, it turned out I had turned on the heat but not the energy in the second room, outside the tower. Heat is blue bolts, energy is yellow bolts. Unfortunately, having them both on or just the energy on doesn't fix the elevator door, so I may have to fiddle some more.
    - prjames

Update: Apparently, the solution is to set the energy wheel to the "up" position irregardless of what you actually see in the portal room. In the room in the mines, with the "energy" wheel in the "up" position, blue bolts were flashing only, and in the room outside the tower, with the "energy" wheel in the "up" position, both yellow and blue bolts appeared in the portal. I've now completed the mission.
    Last edited by prjames; 2nd Jan 2010 at 08:36.

How many odd coloured moons are there?
    I count three.
    A big blue one (south-east), a tiny red (north) and yellow green (West)

Are there any carrots in this level?

What is behind the spider? It sounds like that is where the walled up transport void drops stuff?

As for your last question: I haven't found a way to reach that room, but I did find a way to make something from that room come to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    As for your last question: I haven't found a way to reach that room, but I did find a way to make something from that room come to me...
    I already showed it Speedy Gonzales, I still have Mickey Mouse. I'm wondering if there is a way in without Dromed.

The basketball challenge seems pretty hard, so I'll give you some more hints:
    1. You will find some clues in a seemingly unimportant and unrelated creation of vice memory.
    2. There is a scroll who's enjoying the company of his peers.
    3. Starch is digital ink.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    How many odd coloured moons are there?
    I count three.
    This reminds me of the next challenge...

OK, now you're just teasing us

It's only fair that I give you these hints too:
    1. Look beyond the beyond.
    2. Do some soul-searching.
    3. Transcend into the world of The Builder.
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    OK, now you're just teasing us
    The next challenge will be easier if you solve the first.
    Last edited by qolelis; 3rd Jan 2010 at 11:25.

the sun within and the sun without

mission compleated, but i never found the ring of clarity,not that it matterd,any clue to where it is,

On normal mode it was in the top room of the tower near the skeletons hand. The one where you went outside to the telescope to get the spwcial arrowhead.

doug: ring - check very carefully the dead man on the top of the tower...

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    Sorry clearing, I can't give you a BIG hint before asking permission to Qolelis, but I think another small hint can't hurt.

Hint - From all people, I would have exspected you to be the first one to find it.
    I'm also a bit surprised

ok, I've tried hard to solve basketball challenge for 3 hours. The key is hidden in the scroll the servant wrote about his lord. I'm not able to solve it. I give up for now...

You're very close, Aspirin! Try to combine what you found with the other hints, and you'll probably figure it out.

All hints (with extra comments) so far for the first challenge:
    Hint: It might not be where you think it is.
    Comment: Wherever you think it is; it's not there unless you think it is where it is.
    Hint 2: You will find some clues in a seemingly unimportant and unrelated creation of vice memory.
    Hint 3: Look beyond the very borders of this world.
    Hint 4: There is a scroll who's enjoying the company of his peers.
    Hint 5: Look beyond the beyond.
    Hint 6: Do some soul-searching.
    Comment 6: Where do you look then?
    Hint 7: Transcend into the world of The Builder.
    Comment 7: Who is The Builder?
    Hint 8: Be nosy!
    Comment 8: Stick your nose where it doesn't belong.
    Hint 9: PotatoGuy is surprised that clearing didn't find the basketball.
    Comment 9: Why is that?

Hint 10: Please don't lynch me when you find out where it is

This challenge is hard, but with the above hints, I think you should be able to guess where that damned ball is not.
    Last edited by qolelis; 3rd Jan 2010 at 15:42.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast