TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Sun Within and The Sun Without v1.3 (December 23rd, 2009)

Quote Originally Posted by qolelis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    bob_doe_nz: what if the basketball is the sun ? We maybe only need to "turn it off" and we'll see huge basketball.
    Why didn't I think of that!? That would have been quite a sight.
    Especially when the theme song to 2001: A Space Odyssey plays in the background.

I really need to learn Dromed, the stuff I could come up with...
    Last edited by bob_doe_nz; 4th Jan 2010 at 07:27.

Congratulations to bob_doe_nz for solving the first challenge and providing proof! Your reward is that you get hints for the second challenge before the others.

The second challenge:
    Steal a bottle of wine from an old friend.

More challenges await you after the second.

I have found it too. I knew it !!!

Thanks bob_doe for cooperation and your final excellent finish !!!

Stingm: thats really tricky ...

Quote Originally Posted by qolelis View Post
    More challenges await you after the second.
    Oh? I'm curious what those will be...

Walkthrough is ready to be released, but maybe I'll wait and let Stingm suffer some more... he certainly deserves it after his cruel joke.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    Especially when the theme song to 2001: A Space Odyssey plays in the background.

I really need to learn Dromed, the stuff I could come up with...
    What's stopping you? You know you want to...

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    I have found it too. I knew it !!!
    Congratulations to Aspirin too!

Stingm: thats really tricky ...

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    Walkthrough is ready to be released, but maybe I'll wait and let Stingm suffer some more... he certainly deserves it after his cruel joke.
    I'd like you wait or publish walkthrough without challenges and easter eggs. Not because of Stingm ( ) but don't ruin such a beautifull/great challenge series... I think the main hint was published here yet so everybody who can read carefully can get it...
    Publish only the general walkthrough without extras and give it at least few days please...
    Last edited by Aspirin; 4th Jan 2010 at 09:13.

Well, there are only hints to 3 easter eggs, and they are so small you skip them easily. There's nothing more about the basketball than what already is mentioned in this thread. I don't think it's necessary to release them later because of that.

Of course, in that case no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    Oh? I'm curious what those will be...
    Oh, I think you know them already.

I was gonna send a pic of an actual basketball, but that would be to much. So wheres the walkthru?

I think I get it now. That bitmap hint was good.

Blasted sun!

Can someone please tell me how to stop the sun from blasting me to pieces? I found the stargazer, got his ring and the stuff on the roof plus I dispatched the spirit in the upper room but that darn sun is really getting me mad.

You need to go back to the fire room and use the ring.

And use the fire crystal on the fire plaque.

I used a Explosive barrel on the 'fire' door . Is that supposed to work ?

ed. I discovered a 'glitch'. Hooray for me !

ed. 2 No glitch ? No discovery ? NOOOOOOOOOOO !
    Last edited by nuckinfutzcat; 6th Jan 2010 at 11:27.

Well, it's not the way it should be done, but it's no big problem. You still can play the mission in a normal way.

Quote Originally Posted by OLmec View Post
    I used a Explosive barrel on the 'fire' door . Is that supposed to work ?
    Yes, that is supposed to work. I put it in as a kind of secret. Not even my beta-testers knew about it... It's a much less sneaky way, though. Doing it the other way has its advantages.

Is anybody solving the second challenge ?

I haven't even gotten anywhere with the first challenge. Besides the recipe scroll in the writing room supposedly containing some clues, none of the hints are helping me due to being too vague.

I'm still trying to figure out where Dewdrop enters into all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    I haven't even gotten anywhere with the first challenge. Besides the recipe scroll in the writing room supposedly containing some clues, none of the hints are helping me due to being too vague.

I'm still trying to figure out where Dewdrop enters into all of this.
    Solved Dewdrops mystery and I┤m sure that qolelis knows now what that means regarding proof or do you want to hear more of challenge 2

The old friend actually is mentioned in the mission┤s briefing - hope that will definitely count as proof

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    Hint: http://www.7-zip.org/ (Warning: This hint is a link, so beware of that before you click the spoiled text. If you just want to show the hint, hilight it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    Solved Dewdrops mystery and I┤m sure that qolelis knows now what that means regarding proof or do you want to hear more of challenge 2
    Please, send me a PM with further proof

Walkthrough released!

So, here it is, you treasure hunters. Don't exspect too many hints on the easter egg though!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dgmwhz...kthroughv3.doc

Not sure if it's been done before, but nevertheless I dedicate this walkthrough to Stingm, who made it very clear he wanted a walkthrough.

Thanks to Qolelis for hosting it on mediafire... and for making the excellent mission this walkthrough is all about. Without you this walkthrough would be very useless.

P.S. Comments on the walkthrough itself are welcome of course, I still have a lot to learn.
    Last edited by PotatoGuy; 5th Jan 2010 at 13:05.

I just got the walkthru and it looks great. I'm not sure if its been done before either, but thanks for the dedication.

The hint above for the basketball was good. But I was hoping that it was something the player could find while playing the mission. I think I know what it is, but the hints make you think its hidden in the game files themselves. I really don't want to search there.

I am hoping it was something using the basketball model, but reskinned or something. ( Like the small star you release or some other object.

Anyway thats just my thoughts. Thanks for a great mission!

The player can find this hint in mission (in scroll) in fact. But I agree that its very vague-subtle... And I myself didn't get it.

On the mining asteroid there is a cave which leads down and to the outside. There is a blocked cave next to this. How can I remove this boulder?

The hint in the walkthrough above isn't possible (I've already stopped that).

You need to stand in front of the blocked cave until the sun starts to shoot at you and then run into the first cave until it is finished. It will destroy the boulders.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast