TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Just Friends Part 2 (1/11/2010)

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    I tried to steal Buford's safe contents, but couldn't figure out the code. (Think I thought about the wrong number of the halls and toilets, maybe.)
    I didn't find out which one of the guards Buford was,

One more question: the Pagan Ritual book that is mentioned in the office, I couldn't find it in the library. Are you able to steal it too?
    Hints (no spoilers yet):
    1. Safe combo: The "ground floor" is the servants area.
    2. Once you open the safe, you'll know who Buford is.
    3. Pagan Ritual Book: Look for another entry.

Hope that helps, and thanks for playing!

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    Thanks for this GREAT MISSION
    It was very exiting to play. I ended at the spiderpit.
    I was just a bit disappointend on the end ..... I didn't get all the "optical" parts, but couldn't return to finish them also ....

But: Thank you so much for the Dewdrop in the bed

I LOVE to find a Dewdrop in a FM!!!

Gloria Creep
    Glad you like it, Gloria!
    I'm not sure what you mean by "optical parts", but you SHOULD BE able to go back to the estate from the spider caves. Just climb back up the rope in the well, and jump off when you reach the top. I tested this extensively, and never had a problem with it.

Also, I'm glad you noticed Bo's little friend.

I'm stuck in the spider-pit, too. The problem is entering the cave leading from the big cave the to the well by jumping from the rope there.
    Always got stuck at the corners and falling back down.

I'm apparently missing something everybody else found with no problem. I've got a bunch of locked doors that I can't find keys for and I don't know where else to look. I can't get into the burrick stables, Lord Bile's office, the room at the top of the stairs that are beside the office or the room just beyond those stairs. There are several other doors in the basement that I can't access as well. Help??

Make sure you find a hidden place in the butler's room in the basement, Bo the butcher's room in the basement, and Mrs. Bile's room on the second floor. I think that will help you a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by UliB View Post
    I'm stuck in the spider-pit, too. The problem is entering the cave leading from the big cave the to the well by jumping from the rope there.
    Always got stuck at the corners and falling back down.
    Sorry to hear this... I've made that jump at least a handful of times, so I know that it can be tricky, but it can be done. My only suggestion would be to load a save prior to that area and save it for last.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    I'm apparently missing something everybody else found with no problem. I've got a bunch of locked doors that I can't find keys for and I don't know where else to look. I can't get into the burrick stables, Lord Bile's office, the room at the top of the stairs that are beside the office or the room just beyond those stairs. There are several other doors in the basement that I can't access as well. Help??
    PotatoGuy is right, his hints should help. In addition, be sure to search the master bedroom (where Mrs. Bile is sleeping) thoroughly.

Please let me know if this doesn't help.

Can't find the bottle Benjamin stole, Star Stone and info on magical flute. Slight hints please.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Cat View Post
    Can't find the bottle Benjamin stole, Star Stone and info on magical flute. Slight hints please.
    Hints
    Wine bottle: Have you read anything about what Sgt. Benjamin is doing in his spare time lately?

Star Stone: Did you read the Inventory Log on Lord Bile's office desk?

Flute: Lord Bile's journal says, "I have kept the case, and have it safely hidden in my office."

Hope that helps!

Thanx. That helped. Good mission.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Congrats on the (long-anticipated) release! I can't wait to play it!

I found a bunch of keys in Mrs. Bile's bedroom including Bile's office key but not the office safe key which she says she has. Is there yet another hiding place in there that I haven't discovered? Apparently I'm just not very good at this today but I'm enjoying myself anyway!

I haven't found the office safe key in her room, but I was able to picklock the safe in Bile's office.

Hmmm! Tried that but it didn't work. I'll go try it again. Thanks!

edit:That's what it was. Definitely a "stupid thief" day for me. LOL!

Stuck again. *sigh*

I can't find the Star stone. I read the log and I've been in the roof garden but no luck. I thought it might be providing the light to the little pond but can't find anything to frob.

I also can't find the flute box, despite searching the office multiple times.

Also missing the key to the back patio where the third brother is patrolling.

Also, I presumed you're supposed to take the bottle of wine back to the kitchen but nothing happens when I drop it on the cutting board. Is there supposed to be an objective for this? Maybe I missed reading something.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 12th Jan 2010 at 15:20.

The star stone is in the light, stand on the little well wall, and jump up to get it.

I must have tried that about 20 times before I posted here! Went back, tried again and got it first time. Definitely one of those days.

Stuck again. *sigh*

I can't find the Star stone. I read the log and I've been in the roof garden but no luck. I thought it might be providing the light to the little pond but can't find anything to frob.

I also can't find the flute box, despite searching the office multiple times.

Also missing the key to the back patio where the third brother is patrolling.

Also, I presumed you're supposed to take the bottle of wine back to the kitchen but nothing happens when I drop it on the cutting board. Is there supposed to be an objective for this? Maybe I missed reading something.
    I think spoilers are necessary here, so don't read these unless you want a spoiler:

Aside from PotatoGuy's way (and no, I didn't intend for that to be possible...grrr), you can also mantle 1 of 2 bushes, then jump to the well roof.

Flute: Search the bookcase behind the desk.

The back patio where Buford patrols: He has the only key, so you have to lure him out to get it. If you intend to kill him, though, you can shoot through one of the windows.

Wine: You first have to make this objective visible by reading Sgt. Benjamin's note from his wife next to his bed in the guard quarters. But, yes, that is where it goes. I hope that is the problem.

Sorry to have to spoil, but sounds like it was needed. I hope you're not too frustrated.

I'm sorry I'm so dense as to NEED spoilers but for some reason, it's just not clicking with me. I think I had the wine objective at some point then perhaps reloaded and forgot to read the book again. I'll go find it again.

No, not frustrated just feeling stupid. It's a terrific mission and I plan to play it again once I've got this all sorted out and do a better job of it.

Good heavens! I must be blind. I went over that office including the bookcases a dozen times. Went back after I read your post and found what I needed immediately.

Nightwalker, I had the same problem as you. I also missed a bunch of keys, I only found the Burrick Butcher's one and needed spoilers to grab the others. Finished it now.

Indeed the well and the rope are somewhat tricky, as I fell into the brush few times and had to get back to the previous load. In general, there are a couple of glitches in this FM. Too bad they were not eliminated during beta-testing. Consider removing them and re-releasing as version 2.

Overall, I am really widly surprised how good this FM is. I mean it's technologically simple, no any eye-candy stuff, but rather plain Thief2 or even Thief1 sometimes. Little to none new custom objects and textures.

Yet even though it's technologically far from Christine's or Cosas or Saturnine or Otto etc. is still is amazingly good! I find gameplay to be well made and most of all, the storyline is very interesting.

I had fun exploring Lord Bile's estate. Definiately go for part 3!

I am missing at least one key..

spoiler:

Where is the office key? According to the spoilers here it is supposed to be in the master bedroom.
    All I've found there are the altered cucumber, backdoor key and safe key....

And whats the deal with the chandelier/elevator thing?

FINALLY finished! Thanks for all the help. It's a really fun mission.

Chiron: There are 2 hiding places in her room. Have another look.

Chiron: The sign next to the chandelier buttons says, "WARNING: Chandelier descends quickly! Use caution when lowering it for cleaning."

If you choose a violent path, how could this be used to your benefit? ....hmmm...

Thanks for the nice comments Nightwaler and jericho!

FINALLY finished! Thanks for all the help. It's a really fun mission.

Chiron: There are 2 hiding places in her room. Have another look.
    spoiler:
    Thought so. The stepstool in front of the armchair highlighted and moved. But it revealed....nothing. Also found "nothing" (aka "not the key") in the bathroom......I need one more hint

You need to pay attention to the area where the step stool moves TO.