TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Just Friends Part 2 (1/11/2010)

Thank you, I played and enjoyed part 1. I'm going to play part 2 before I disappear into DromEd again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    You need to pay attention to the area where the step stool moves TO.
    Thanks. That one was obvious, yet tricky !

This is a really great mission so far, I especially like that it has this ever-present sense of humor which is actually funny (that room full of singing drunks killed me ).

Anyway, as per the usual with me, I think I've encountered a problem:
    In the library I found a pagan tome hidden in a secret alcove. Picking it up makes "NEW OBJECTIVE" appear at the top of my screen...but when I check the objectives page, nothing was added. Also, the objectives page likes to disappear on me randomly.

I think i died a little when I met Bernice. Was Bile REALLY that drunk not to notice? Mr. Oh Dear will be proud

Keeper of FMs

Mirrors

TTLG
    Darklurker.com

Congrats on the release! It's been a long time coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawviz View Post
    I think i died a little when I met Bernice. Was Bile REALLY that drunk not to notice? Mr. Oh Dear will be proud
    lol, when I first met Bernice I did not read her letter yet actually, I got stuck so i bashed the roofgarden door.. I thought bassmanret did put the wrong voiceset when I heard " her" speak.. I really had a good laugh when I later found her letter

just finished the mission, had a great time,

bassmanret, well done, loved the songs, the redone burrickback mountain was great... loved the way you handled the optional objectives

Need help to finish

Where is the mistress
    A hint to get into the lone door to the roof maybe...any tips?
    And where is the lord himself..I also cant find out how he got so rich

Thanks in advance for any help
    Last edited by Lightningline; 13th Jan 2010 at 04:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline View Post
    Where is the mistress
    A hint to get into the lone door to the roof maybe...any tips?
    And where is the lord himself..I also cant find out how he got so rich

Thanks in advance for any help

Mistress and roof door are connected. As is the lord once you get into the office.

Did you get the safe combo?

My turn:
    How many cucumbers are there? I found two. One by the note about the missing wine bottle and one with the lady of the house (ewww)
    Last edited by bob_doe_nz; 13th Jan 2010 at 04:17.

Replies:

The Mike: It sounds like you found something before you received the objective to find it. If you're playing on Expert, that objective becomes active once you read something. If not Expert, that objective should not show up at all. Glad you like the humor! About the objective screen: None of the testers experienced the objectives disappearing, but I did very rarely myself. As you've probably found by now, if you simply go back in game, then back to the objectives, they almost always come back fine. Since the objectives screen is custom made (by darthslair), I did not know how to fix this. Sorry for the confusion.

pavlovscat: Thanks very much for the mirror!

nightshifter: Your opinion on the songs means alot to me, THANK YOU!

Lightningline: bob_doe_nz's spoiler is correct, but you don't need to open the combo safe (although if you do, you'll activate more objectives), just be sure to search the master bedroom thoroughly.

bob_doe_nz: I was wondering when someone would ask. There are eleven total. If you want to find them all, servants and guests are most likely to have them.. If you want more hints, let me know.

And a HUGE thanks to flying_hope who has provided another mirror:

Just Friends Part2"]http://thief.0815x.org/JustFriendsP2.zip"]Just Friends Part2
    Last edited by bassmanret; 13th Jan 2010 at 04:48. Reason: Answering bob_doe_nz

Need some tips again:

Where is the captain? If he is outside (= behind the double doors in the hall), where is the key ?

Safe combo questions:
    spoiler:

Ground floor halls, 4

Burrick stables, 6 ?

Bathroom stalls, 3 ?

Mess hall tables, 4 ?

I got at least two of these wrong, any help?

The captain is afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
    Safe combo questions:
    spoiler:

Ground floor halls, 4

Burrick stables, 6 ?

Bathroom stalls, 3 ?

Mess hall tables, 4 ?

I got at least two of these wrong, any help?
    Close! Add or remove one for the first two.

Chiron:

You're close, but the 1st two are off.

Hint for 1st: "ground floor" is where the servants and kitchen are.
    Hint for 2nd: Carefully look at the stable area. Which spaces are stalls which actually house a burrick?

I hope that helps!

Thanks guys. I didn't think right @#2, but I I think it is a strange way of counting @#1.

spoiler:

The captains diary says that he is outside patrolling the patio. But how do I get out there/ where is they key?

A great mission. I enjoyed its traditional thiefy style just as well as its jocular ideas. I finished it on expert - thanks to a few hints from here - but in spite of a long and thorough search I still missed about 500 loot. Does anyone have a list somewhere?
    On the other hand, my Burt appears to be much heavier or thicker than the usual Garrett character. Am I the only one experiencing severe difficulties when climbing or mantling? For example, climbing through the grate at the beginning, reaching the Pagan Song Book switch in the library, or jumping from the spider cave vine into the final exit tunnel required countless trials and seemed totally impossible until once somehow succeeded (but I did not find the "trick" and could not repeat it).
    BTW, I saw only 22 of the promised 23 objectives (perhaps because my obj screen also goes blank occasionally). I wonder if the last one has anything to do with the 2 - unfrobbable - pagan paintings in the front foyer?

Chiron: The Captain is out there, and he has the only key, so if you want the key, you'll have to lure him out somehow. But, if you choose to kill him, you can just shoot him through one of the windows.

csamba: I have a loot list which I will release within a few days. Possible place you might have missed some loot: The spider caves.

I did not add any "modifications" to Burt, so I'm sorry some of those jumps/climbs are difficult.

If you have 22 objectives, the remaining possible objective will be one of two, received only if you play one particular "style" or its opposite. I know of one player so far who has achieved one of these.

Glad you liked it!

I returned and emptied the save, KO'd Buford, stole the Pagan Tome, and got a perfect Bloodless Revenge! (Though I killed the Inquisitor in the fire. THat guy really deserved it.)

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    I returned and emptied the save, KO'd Buford, stole the Pagan Tome, and got a perfect Bloodless Revenge! (Though I killed the Inquisitor in the fire. THat guy really deserved it.)
    Congrats, you're the first!

Yeah, The inquisitor doesn't count against the "Bloodless Revenge", because....well, cuz he's the taffin' INQUISITOR!!

In the Library above the bookcase in the SW corner I can see a switch. I can't get close enough to frob it I can't climb up and a rope arrow won't get me there. Is this reachable?

Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    In the Library above the bookcase in the SW corner I can see a switch. I can't get close enough to frob it I can't climb up and a rope arrow won't get me there. Is this reachable?
    Hint: Look for another point of entry.

Hope that helps!

When I go into the library andget the pagan book from its hiding place I get the new objectives noise and the message flashes up onto the screen but I dont have any new objectives ... the same thing happens when im stealing the horn in the treasure room I get the message and the sound but no new objectives

Quote Originally Posted by Vipercat View Post
    When I go into the library andget the pagan book from its hiding place I get the new objectives noise and the message flashes up onto the screen but I dont have any new objectives ... the same thing happens when im stealing the horn in the treasure room I get the message and the sound but no new objectives
    Like I said to The Mike, you probably found something before you received the objective to find it. Those objectives become active once you read something (The Captain's journal), but even if you didn't read it, they should have checked off when found. I specifically tested this, and it worked for me, but it sounds like it isn't working for others. TAFF!

If you do read it, they SHOULD show up completed.... ...I'll have to check this again when I get home tonight.

bassmanret:
    Thank you, I keep looking for more loot. In the spidercave I found 2 purses, a ring, and a coin - is there more?

bedwine:
    It IS possible but is taffin' difficult, takes dozens of trials and oops - just suddenly it happens. Can't figure out the trick (if there is one). I had the same problem in a few other places as well.

vipercat:
    The opposite also occurs: there is no message, no fanfares, but the new objective still appears in the list. They may also remain silent at completing an objective for example, when placing Sg.Benjamin's bottle on the kitchen table in spite of the proper box in the list getting checked.

Clearinghouse

Help

I can't find Sgt. Benjamin's bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    bassmanret:
    Thank you, I keep looking for more loot. In the spidercave I found 2 purses, a ring, and a coin - is there more?
    I think that is all except for coins in the well, and a nugget in the exit tunnel where the spiders fall. My lootlist is home and I'm at work now, so I'll get back to you later today about this.

bassmanret:
    I've got these all, my loot count is 6523. Being obsessive I'd very much appreciate your list by PM...

clearing:
    Do you remember the merry gathering in the "choir room" upstairs? Look around there, keep your nose down, and look for a GREEN bottle...