TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Just Friends Part 2 (1/11/2010)

Clearing, it's near to Sgt. Benjamin. Have you found him yet? If not, look for a bunch of drunk guards pretending to practice in the theatre room.

You must do a list with all the objectives
    One of the objectives is not compatible with the others.

How ca I get the Pagan paintings?

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    You must do a list with all the objectives
    One of the objectives is not compatible with the others.

How ca I get the Pagan paintings?
    What you mention is not an objective, but, ok, here ya' go! But keep in mind that most are made visible by certain actions, so they are MOSTLY SPOILERS, so don't look unless you really need to know or you'll burst your spleen or something!

1: "Find Janine in Lord Bile's dungeon and free her!"
    2: "Find another way out of Lord Bile's estate."
    3: "Find out how Lord Bile has been getting so wealthy so quickly."
    4: "Make Lord Bile pay for what he's done! Get at least 1900/3900/5000 loot!"
    5: "Lord Bile can not be allowed to live! Kill him! [Optional]"
    6: "The Inquisitor tortured Janine to death! He must DIE! [Optional]"
    7: "Make Bile suffer! Kill Lord Bile's brother, Buford, the guard Captain! [Optional]"
    8: "Make Bile suffer! Kill Lord Bile's brother, Benson, the Butler! [Optional]"
    9: "Find and steal the Horn Of Quartus!"
    10: "Find and steal the Star Stone!"
    11: "Find and steal the Book Of Pagan Ritual Songs!"
    12: "Since he took Janine from you, Kill Lord Bile's wife! [Optional]"
    13: "Lord Bile apparently has a mistress. Therefore, she must die! [Optional]"
    14: "Put the Captain's journal on Lord Bile's office desk to add to his misery. [Optional]"
    15: "Put the Butler's journal on Lord Bile's office desk to add to his misery. [Optional]"
    16: "Put the mistress' letter on Lord Bile's office desk to add to his misery. [Optional]"
    17: "Put Lord Bile's wife's journal on his office desk to add to his misery. [Optional]"
    18: "Find out the nature of the curse placed on Lord Bile's money-making magical flute."
    19: "Find the bottle of wine Sgt. Benjamin stole and return it to the kitchen!"
    20: "The butcher/burrick relationship is not right. Stop their rendezvous this evening!"
    21: "You found all the genetically enhanced cucumbers! Well done! ..I guess.."
    22: "PERFECT BLOODLESS REVENGE Achieved! Every aspect of Lord Bile's financial, personal, familial and romantic life has been completely destroyed WITHOUT resorting to murder. Well done!"
    OR
    22: "PERFECT BLOODY REVENGE Achieved! Lord Bile and everyone he ever cared for is dead! Well done!"
    23: "The City Watch can use Lord Bile's Journal to bring him to justice. Take it with you!"
    Last edited by bassmanret; 13th Jan 2010 at 19:28. Reason: Loot total requirements were pulled from an old, now incorrect, file.

I still cant get in the door way up stairs by it self...possibly to the roof.

I searched the bedroom well...found the alcoves behind the painting and small table and there is an ottoman by the frog bathroom but there isnt even an alcove under it..whats the point there ?

Help please...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline View Post
    I still cant get in the door way up stairs by it self...possibly to the roof.

I searched the bedroom well...found the alcoves behind the painting and small table and there is an ottoman by the frog bathroom but there isnt even an alcove under it..whats the point there ?

Help please...thanks
    spoiler:

The ottoman moves for a reason. So you can stand on it :-)

I'm having trouble finding the nature of the curse on the flute any pointers ?

Esme: search the office.

More specific: it's a frobbable book.

Who has found all the cucumbers? I'm short by two.

woo, finished! congratulations, this was a great side-quest-filled FM!
    I did somethings that I don't think got checked off, and didn't do some things that did:
    somehow I killed the butler?
    read Captain's journal and acquired all three items, but nothing about them appeared on objectives screen.

PotatoGuy/Esme: oh man, that book is devilishly hard to find! it's tiny, and right next to an upright support

HAHAHA!

Burrick Hunter Song = Hilarious!
    (even better than boy named sue!)
    If Doctor Demento still had his show I'd say send that to him! bet it would be "time for number ONE!"

Did you do it yourself Chris?

Ok, first off:
    I just played through on Expert, and before I read the Capt's journal, I grabbed both the Star Stone and the Horn of Quartus, and both objectives appeared and were checked off. So, I'm hoping the issue 2 have now mentioned is related to difficulty.

On Easy difficulty, none of the three Star Stone, Horn of Quartus, Pagan Book of Ritual Songs are available objectives.
    On Hard difficulty, only the Horn of Quartus is available as an objective.
    On Expert, all three are available.

In addition (and hopefully to avoid confusion):
    On Hard and Expert only, these should also be available:
    3: "Find out how Lord Bile has been getting so wealthy so quickly."
    18: "Find out the nature of the curse placed on Lord Bile's money-making magical flute."

Now, to questions:

csamba: I'm PM-ing the lootlist to you in just a minute. If anyone else would like it, please let me know.

bob_doe_nz: I think you mentioned that you already found the one I thought would be hardest (in the guard's quarters), but all others are:
    1. Next to servant's beds.
    2. Under guest room beds.
    3. Mrs. Bile's secret area (but, I'm sure you found that one).

MrMunkeepants: Hopefully, the above explains somewhat, but for the Butler, one possiblity is that the one bad side-effect of the piles on the ground floor is that their flies can cause damage and kill AI, even if you don't want them to. Probably best to KO those you don't want accidentally killed.

Garrett's Shadow: Thanks! Yep, all non-stock songs and voices in the mission are me.

I think that's everything....Whew!

Then Chris,

You are a mighty damn talented singer/songwriter and strummer!!!!

Thans for the esplanation of the objetives!
    (as Ricky Ricardo would say!)

I like having all those optionals too! Lets me choose one way this time and another way for a future replay!

This time: kill all but Bile, and KEEP ALL JOURNALS & LETTERS (so that he does'nt know I actually did him a favor), let him think I took away his whole family! (Bros,wife,mistress, even his fave butcher!)Also, killed all his guards!
    After what I stole from him and him now having to get new guards,butcher,etc. and having prevented him from getting his "gravy train" back, I think I hurt him BAD!!!!

The next time I will help all of them escape (ko-ed of course!), and let him know the truth by leaving all the info in his office! I think his mistress's will floor him!!!

It's obvious now where Garrett gets his ruthlessness ability from!:

Bile (center) is gonna wake up surrounded by all those he cared at least somewhat for dead!
    Think he will get it just HOW BAD he effed up!

EWWWW! I now see why one of the female taffers was creeped out by your spiders Chris!
    Damn me if you did'nt make em look a LOT like the things from the classic "Outer Limits" episode "The Zanti Misfits"!

A Zanti misfit:

----------------------------------------------------
    All done! And thank you very very very very very very much for a FUN ride Chris!
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 13th Jan 2010 at 23:45.

Shadowcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrawler View Post
    I made it to the office/bedroom at the top to the stairs from the dungeon. I went into the "closet" turned the wheel and opened the doors to the little hideaway desk. Cannot pass though, invisible barrier prevents me from going to the little table and safe I can see on it. any ideas?
    I got through after breaking all the unfrobbable crates with my sword

Archivist
    Congratulations with the release bassmanret Thanks!

So long ago since I played Part 1. Guess I'll should replay it first.

ok got pretty much everything but I think I may have found a bug, possibly two

I broke up bo n daisy's incipient romance - inspired by dukes of hazzard by any chance ?
    and got the objective ticked off

however now I'm near the end of the mission I checked my objectives and bo n daisy seem to be back together as the objective isn't ticked, I wandered back to the burrick pens and definitely no daisy nothing I do now seems able to reset this

also the door to bernices room disappears once opened, I felt quite sorry for bernice, sure picked a crappy boyfriend

and is it possible to steal these valuable pagan paintings or are they just for show ?
    Last edited by Esme; 14th Jan 2010 at 11:39.

I'm guessing there is a way to get Daisy to step into the guillotine looking thing, but I can't figure out how... Any help?

Also when I open the big door in the same room I can just barely see an up/down switch floating just outside the outer door, is that for anything?

I'm also wondering about the pagan paintings.

Esme:
    I'm at a loss as to why the Bo/Daisy objective is unchecking itself. Neither I nor any testers encountered this. I don't know if it will help, but can you tell me how you completed it? There are multiple ways, you can kill either Bo or Daisy, or you can open the gates to let Daisy go outside. It could potentially get unchecked if she wandered back inside, but I cannot see how or why that would happen. Strange, but if it is preventing ending the mission, my only suggestion would be to load up a save before it disappeared. I really hope that's not necessary.

The disappearing door is something that I've seen in various missions before. Sorry for the immersion-break, but it seems to be rare and random (thank the builder).

The Pagan paintings cannot be picked up, and they are not part of any objective.

Fuod:
    I would have LOVED to be able to do that, but no, I didn't make that possible. Very cool idea though!

I haven't checked yet, but I'm guessing the floating switch was used for testing and I forgot to delete it (Oops! ).

I opened the door and let her out, she hasn't wandered back, I suppose I could go kill Bo

I did have a play with the switches for the other pens once she'd gone to see if anything else happened, could that have upset something ?

I would really have liked to get over those taffin fences as well

--EDIT--

killing Bo resets it and I still get the perfect bloodless revenge I guess it's because he's not a main character though

would have preferred not to have done that though

but that was the only one ...unless you count the spiders .... and the rats

--EDIT2--
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmanret View Post
    The disappearing door is something that I've seen in various missions before. Sorry for the immersion-break, but it seems to be rare and random (thank the builder).
    I've found that if the door rotates too far and it's centre enters a wall then it stops being rendered, also I've found that if the status is anything other than open or closed in dromed then when it's opened it sails merrily off to infinity
    Last edited by Esme; 14th Jan 2010 at 12:56.

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanret View Post
    Fuod:
    I would have LOVED to be able to do that, but no, I didn't make that possible. Very cool idea though!

I haven't checked yet, but I'm guessing the floating switch was used for testing and I forgot to delete it (Oops! ).
    Woot! I finally found something no one else has! And that would be a VERY cool idea, I was really hoping it was going to happen.

I've played through 3 times now (blackjacking, ghost and mass murderer) and I'm still coming up a little over 700 short...

Awesome mission Bassmanret! Thank you very much!

BTW, your voice (and style) sounds exactly like one of the guys that plays in a band here in a local bar.
    Last edited by Fuod; 14th Jan 2010 at 17:56.

!!! .... and playing!

Bassmanret: This is SOME mission!
    I'm anjoying it very much. The burricksongs are a blast!

I'm not quit finished yet.
    I'd like to make some remarks, as if I was testing the game hahaha :ebil":
    I think you've put in A LOT of readables. That's OK. But sometimes it's very hard to get back to one or to readables (as a foreigner), since one doesn't get it all!. I'm speaking for myself now.
    It's a lot of stuff to read and sometimes when I'm done reading ánd understanding it all .... I forget some stuff, since it's so much to translate in my mind ánd remember.

Some questions: I've put all neccessary items on Lord Bile's desk ... the objective gets to be complete and I still get a RED remark on my objective list ???

What's about the ceiling part of the chandelier? I lowered it, climbed it, shot a broadheadarrow into the elevatorbox and I got crushed, going up, so I get up on a rope arrow, tried all of my keys, but nothing happens?

And I'm curious where I can use the genetically balanced cucumbers ???

I'm not sure about the "roof garden".
    I bashed in the door with my sword, so I didn't need the key, I found all there is to find, I guess,yes, also Bernice's place .... but I'm not sure about the Starstone? I see a lamp has a different colour of light, but I used all on it, and it doesn't change into a starstone.
    Did I miss anything in the readables here?

I can't seem to find the code to the small safe in the butlers area.

This is a great game Bassmanret

Gloria Creep
    And the name Brandon? Were you probably inspired by the movie "Sense and Sensibility"? I just saw that tonight on Dutch televison.
    That would be a coïncedance !!!
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

I can answer a few of those Glo!

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    What's about the ceiling part of the chandelier? I lowered it, climbed it, shot a broadheadarrow into the elevatorbox and I got crushed, going up, so I get up on a rope arrow, tried all of my keys, but nothing happens?
    It's just an optional way to, well, put out someone's lights - permanently like!
    (tho I don't know how - unless you got em to chase you and you dropped it on em at JUST the right moment!)

Um, I should think that's, um, obvious hun!
    (wash em first and after tho!)
    ((seriously though - they are just there for Pt.1 continuity I think!))

The stone is what's sending out the light rays into the fountain. Mantle onto the small tree behind the fountain, then jump to the next taller tree, then jump to roof of fountain and take the stone from the center.

Did you read the note from the desk?
    The code is the amount of those things mentioned in it.
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 15th Jan 2010 at 10:05.

I have to say...

this is the kind of missions I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuod View Post
    I've played through 3 times now (blackjacking, ghost and mass murderer) and I'm still coming up a little over 700 short...

Awesome mission Bassmanret! Thank you very much!

BTW, your voice (and style) sounds exactly like one of the guys that plays in a band here in a local bar.
    3 times, Wow! Thanks! If you'd like the loot list, just PM me with your email address, and I'll send it to you. ....and that guy in your local bar band....you caught me, I'm his evil twin....

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    I opened the door and let her out, she hasn't wandered back, I suppose I could go kill Bo

I did have a play with the switches for the other pens once she'd gone to see if anything else happened, could that have upset something ?

I would really have liked to get over those taffin fences as well

--EDIT--

killing Bo resets it and I still get the perfect bloodless revenge I guess it's because he's not a main character though

would have preferred not to have done that though
    Glad you got it worked out, and you're right, he doesn't count against the other objective because he's not important to Lord Bile. Sad to hear it, though....[sniff]...

I think you've put in A LOT of readables. That's OK. But sometimes it's very hard to get back to one or to readables (as a foreigner), since one doesn't get it all!. I'm speaking for myself now.
    It's a lot of stuff to read and sometimes when I'm done reading ánd understanding it all .... I forget some stuff, since it's so much to translate in my mind ánd remember.

Some questions: I've put all neccessary items on Lord Bile's desk ... the objective gets to be complete and I still get a RED remark on my objective list ???

I bashed in the door with my sword, so I didn't need the key, I found all there is to find, I guess,yes, also Bernice's place .... but I'm not sure about the Starstone? I see a lamp has a different colour of light, but I used all on it, and it doesn't change into a starstone.
    Did I miss anything in the readables here?

This is a great game Bassmanret

Gloria Creep
    And the name Brandon? Were you probably inspired by the movie "Sense and Sensibility"? I just saw that tonight on Dutch televison.
    That would be a coïncedance !!!
    I understand about the readables, and I truly did try to shorten them as much as I could. If you have any specific questions about any particular parts, please let me know and I'll be glad to explain. I'll bet Bo, the Burrick Butcher's journal is especially confusing.

Some objectives will become inactive when others are completed. If you tell me which one(s) specifically became inactive, I might be able to explain why.

Garrett's Shadow is right about the chandelier. It can be a rather fun weapon.

You can't "use" the cucumbers, but you can try to collect them all.

Star Stone and safe: I think Garrett's Shadow's info is what you were looking for. If not, please let me know.

And I guess "Brandon" is a coincidence, I didn't really have any inspiration for it. It just seemed like a good name, and it started with "B", and at some point during development I decided the names of all the characters would start with "B"....I honestly don't know why I did that, though......I'm a strange and disturbed person, I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    this is the kind of missions I enjoy.
    This is the kind of comment about my mission I enjoy! Thanks!

lord bile walks underneath the chandelier once he's put his pagan paintings up

I think the idea is for the bloodthirsty among us to drop it as he walks underneath

there's a spotlight in the trophy room that serves a similar purpose

the genetically engineered cucumbers are just a "can you find all of them" quest

I haven't had this much fun with the guards since "Durant". I took out most of the patrol on second floor using the elevator. Of the near 500 missions I have played this is the first that I actually stopped and listened to an entire melody. That was not only original. It was well done.