TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Just Friends Part 2 (1/11/2010)

[QUOTE=bassmanret;1954181]
    Garrett's Shadow is right about the chandelier. It can be a rather fun weapon.

/QUOTE]

but it is a pitty it won't work when you allready knocked out somebody..

tried to crush lord Bile after I knocked him out...wanted a nice way to kill him but no problem, I carried him downstairs and shoved him in the oven, liked that way allso

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanret View Post
    You can't "use" the cucumbers, but you can try to collect them all.
    There you go, telling sweet Glo she can't play with such nice dil - err - dilL pickles!
    (Yes, that's what I was gonna say! )

...at some point during development I decided the names of all the characters would start with "B"....I honestly don't know why I did that, though......I'm a strange and disturbed person, I guess.
    No more so than she who named all the "Holliwell" sisters ("Charmed", tv show), they are all P names!

Quote Originally Posted by nightshifter View Post

I carried him downstairs and shoved him in the oven, liked that way allso
    Um, I don't think bile is any better baked!
    (nor fried, nor sauteed w/onions, nor broiled, BBQ now - that MIGHT do the trick! Would need a STRONG rub AND sauce!)

Speaking of the chandelier I'm reminded of something.

There is a small bright circle of light on the floor just about under the chandelier that was moving around at one point while I was playing with the the raise/lower buttons. What the heck was that about? It seemed to have a life of its own... It seemed to start after I had killed both guards in that hall, and it then it positioned itself about where the guard on the right was standing (if your facing the stairs).

I couldn't duplicate it in a seperate run through.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuod View Post

There is a small bright circle of light on the floor just about under the chandelier that was moving around at one point while I was playing with the the raise/lower buttons. What the heck was that about? It seemed to have a life of its own... It seemed to start after I had killed both guards in that hall, and it then it positioned itself about where the guard on the right was standing (if your facing the stairs).

OOOOOHHH, !
    (eenie meenie chili beanie, the spirits are about to speak!)

- Some objectives will become inactive when others are completed. If you tell me which one(s) specifically became inactive, I might be able to explain why.

- Garrett's Shadow is right about the chandelier. It can be a rather fun weapon.
    - It was the one to put those journals on Bile's desk.
    - but why does the ceilingpart of the chandelier light up and make a clicking sound when you try to use a lockpick on it?

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Fuod View Post

I'm glad you couldn't duplicate it, because it really shouldn't happen, but I can understand how it could. If you care enough to know, here's the explanation:
    See, the chandelier doesn't actually light up. I put a tubelift (small round elevator) in the same spot as the chandelier, made it invisible (this is what actually crushes people underneath it), then I put a rat (yes, a mangy little cheese-eater) on the elevator. Then, I made the rat invisible and illuminated it (it gives off light, but you can't see the rat). So, when you raise and lower the chandelier+elevator, the light you see as it goes up or down is coming from the rat. Apparently, you somehow knocked the rat off of the elevator, and it began running around on the floor. HA! I bet that did look freaky!

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    - It was the one to put those journals on Bile's desk.
    - but why does the ceilingpart of the chandelier light up and make a clicking sound when you try to use a lockpick on it?

Gloria Creep
    When you kill Lord Bile, all of the "put journals on his desk" objectives should change to inactive because if Lord Bile is dead, he will never be able to read the journals.

If you read the spoiler above, you now know that the chandelier is also an elevator, and that is why it clicks when you frob it. I actually should have removed that property.......sorry for the confusion.

I'm glad you couldn't duplicate it, because it really shouldn't happen, but I can understand how it could. If you care enough to know, here's the explanation:
    See, the chandelier doesn't actually light up. I put a tubelift (small round elevator) in the same spot as the chandelier, made it invisible (this is what actually crushes people underneath it), then I put a rat (yes, a mangy little cheese-eater) on the elevator. Then, I made the rat invisible and illuminated it (it gives off light, but you can't see the rat). So, when you raise and lower the chandelier+elevator, the light you see as it goes up or down is coming from the rat. Apparently, you somehow knocked the rat off of the elevator, and it began running around on the floor. HA! I bet that did look freaky!
    Hahahaha!!!

I was just coming in here to tell you that I just loaded a save and put an arrow in the light and the rat appeared, so I pretty much figured out what was going on (mostly).

That was a pretty neat effect, maybe it could be used again...

No problem at all Bassmanret .... Thanks for the explanation.
    I started playing the first part of "Just Friends" now and NOW I know the use for those special cucumbers , so when I play part 2 again, I'll make sure I get them all

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

HEH HEH HEH!

I started playing the first part of "Just Friends" now and NOW I know the use for those special cucumbers , so when I play part 2 again, I'll make sure I get them all

Gloria Creep
    Well hun, you are gonna be so busy now with all of those that I don't see any new bears being created for a good while!
    ( lock the front door, put up the "On Vacation" sign, and enjoy! )

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett's Shadow View Post
    Well hun, you are gonna be so busy now with all of those that I don't see any new bears being created for a good while!
    ( lock the front door, put up the "On Vacation" sign, and enjoy! )

Bad luck: I've to make a new urnbear this month ... but my workshops only start on april this year ..... are the batteries included BTW ..... Mechanist's electric power is só much better

Sorry for this lame untopic remark but I couldn't resist, reading the last remark .... Forgive me Taffers

Gloria

Quote Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
    spoiler:

The ottoman moves for a reason. So you can stand on it :-)
    God man !! Didnt you read my post..I said I got everything behind the painting !!! I already got everything from that alcove without standing on anything. If there is no key to the top floor why bother assisting me there ?

Sry..dont mean to be rude but WTF ??? Where is the key to the top floor/roof door ???

Please help..this is the third irrelevent hint I have got for this question...Please..just SPOIL it...thanks !!

Got it..Thanks anyhow. I bashed the thing in.

But I still need to find out how our lord brother got so rich..any ideas ???
    Last edited by Lightningline; 16th Jan 2010 at 04:48.

Lightningline:

It sounds like you haven't been in Lord Bile's office yet. The office key is in the safe in the master bedroom you say you've already opened (the one you could have stood on the ottoman to access a little easier). Once in Bile's office, pick open his safe behind the painting over the fireplace. Like the ottoman, you can also move the small stool on the floor by the fireplace for easier access to the safe. In it, you'll find the key to the roof garden, and his journal which completes the "how he got so wealthy" objective.

Other stuff happens when you read it too, but I think you'll understand. If not, please let me know and I'll spoilerize you with extreme spoilosity again.

Sry..dont mean to be rude but WTF ??? Where is the key to the top floor/roof door ???[/SPOIL]

I believe there are 2 keys for the roof gardern door. One is in the guest bedroom that is locked. The other is in the Office safe above the fireplace along with the guest bedroom key. eeeeewwwzzz

Seems I've found a bug no-one else has - the "Butcher / Burrick Key", when selected in inventory, becomes inactive when I'm in frobbing distance of the Stables door (or any other door or object). Re-loading a save doesn't help. Is there another way in?

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Seems I've found a bug no-one else has - the "Butcher / Burrick Key", when selected in inventory, becomes inactive when I'm in frobbing distance of the Stables door (or any other door or object). Re-loading a save doesn't help. Is there another way in?
    Same here but I found the cause - easy to "fix" in your game.

You need to leave that barrel under which you found that key - leave that barrel "frobbed". IOW do not return it to the "hide things" position.

You can repeatedly toggle that barrel and the key will work and not work; following the state of the barrel.

HTH

Thanx Martek - spot on I should have remembered that - I've encountered the same kind of thing once before in an FM.
    Either that, or I should stop tidying things up as I go

-----------------------------------------------------

Very enjoyable FM, bassmanret - particularly liked the classic feel & look of it, the use of optional objectives to allow for different playstyles, the gameplay & the well-written (though slightly long) readables. And great job on the music; sounded like you were really enjoying it!

Just a couple of 'issues':
    - the Janine objective unchecked (the red cross disappearing) & wouldn't come back; had to use ctrl-alt-del-end. And I'd checked the objectives at the point you advised (actually I got the 'Perfect Bloodless Revenge' even though I killed the inquisitor - but fair enough, that mongrel deserved it )
    - in the room by the back patio doors I screwed up & had 2 guards walk past while my light gem was full-on; they only said things like "oh well, don't know what it was..." (not that I'm complaining ).

Thanx very much for several hours of fun!
    Last edited by Sticky Fingers; 18th Jan 2010 at 03:52.

This figures..Im almost done and the one objective that isnt optional is the one I cant get...please help me to find out the nature of the curse on the flute ...Thanks

Got it !!

Find the case and you find the nature
    Last edited by Lightningline; 18th Jan 2010 at 05:07.

... I've to make a new urnbear this month ...
    nice to know you are busy but sad to hear this is why, my condolences to the family

just fiends part 2

amost finished but where is benjamins, room there is a door right of the burrick stables i cant find a key,also why did the guards kill the butler,i went on the patio i thought the mission finished there,but it did not, so it must be the caves,am i right,

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    amost finished but where is benjamins, room there is a door right of the burrick stables i cant find a key,also why did the guards kill the butler,i went on the patio i thought the mission finished there,but it did not, so it must be the caves,am i right,
    Hi doug!
    Sgt. Benjamin stays in the guards quarters which is on the east hall of the ground floor.
    The door to the right of the burrick stables is the slaughter room. The same key that opens the stable door works on the slaughter room also. If you need a hint to find this key, it is close by.
    The guards almost certainly did not kill the butler, but if he was wandering about, the flies hovering over the piles might have stung him to death.
    The caves do in fact lead to the mission exit.

Sticky Fingers: Sorry you had some problems, but I'm glad you enjoyed it overall, thanks!

I am still struggling trying to find the wine bottle. I have examined the music room where Sgt Benjamin is but can't seem to find it. Got thru all the other objectives. Great mission. Thanks

buzzm24: If you've been in the concert hall, you've probably at least seen it, and maybe even picked it up already. Specifically, It is the green bottle on the floor just behind the first row of seats on the right side. If it's not there, scroll through your inventory to see if you've picked it up already (it is appropriately named).

Good luck!

[QUOTE=Gloria Creep;1954027]Bassmanret: This is SOME mission!
    I'm anjoying it very much.

And I'm curious where I can use the genetically balanced cucumbers ???

Can I assist you with some batteries Gloria

Help needed please

A couple questions:
    1. In Bile's bedroom I hopped up on the ottoman, frobbed the painting ok but cannot open the safe door. Is there a key available and where is it?

2. I can't open Bile's office door nor can I open a door just down the hall from there. I've tried bashing them but they still won't open.
    Thanks!

bobber Hint: check the other side of the bed.

Hint 2: Frob the bedside table.

You'll find the way into the office soon.