TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: T2 FM: Just Friends Part 2 (1/11/2010)

Thanks again, Nightwalker.

stuck in beginning

I seem to be the only one totally stuck in the beginning. I'm in the dungeon, knocked out the two guards, found the girl and now what? I can't open any of the doors.

Help please!

Verak, did you search Janine's cell VERY carefully? There's something hidden in there that you need.

Spoiler: There's a stone behind the bucket that you can move and you'll find a key hidden there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    Verak, did you search Janine's cell VERY carefully? There's something hidden in there that you need.

Spoiler: There's a stone behind the bucket that you can move and you'll find a key hidden there.
    Thanks Nightwalker. After I posted I did find what I needed. Just have to be more observant.

Hello, this is my first post on this forum, i liked your mission so much, so had to registering here and
    thank you for such a nice mission.
    Liked the animation on the guard patroling kitchen
    Also liked the idea of moving the small stool on the floor by the fireplace.
    Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanret View Post
    Like I said to The Mike, you probably found something before you received the objective to find it. Those objectives become active once you read something (The Captain's journal), but even if you didn't read it, they should have checked off when found. I specifically tested this, and it worked for me, but it sounds like it isn't working for others. TAFF!

If you do read it, they SHOULD show up completed.... ...I'll have to check this again when I get home tonight.
    I have the same issue with the pagan book. Looks like i found it before i was supposed to and the objective never appeared or checked off.

There's a door across the butcher that I cannot open. Where's the key?

Quote Originally Posted by Verak View Post
    There's a door across the butcher that I cannot open. Where's the key?
    Search the butchers room. Specifically the furniture.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    Search the butchers room. Specifically the furniture.
    yeah, I found the stable key there, but never found the key to that other door. oh well. Good game!

Hi Verak,

That key opens both doors, the door to the stables and the door to the slaughter room.

Also, the Pagan book objective is only available on Expert difficulty. You can still find/acquire it, but it won't count as an objective. (Please see my post #86 on page 4 for other "objectives per difficulty".)

Thanks for playing!

Just Friends Part 2

Well I started this FM and right from the beginning it is impossible. I am in the dungen but can not open any locked doors especially the one at the top of the stairs. Why do people make missions so impossible?

jdosio - check this post (higher up this page).

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post

I'm stuck here.... After spending about an hour trying to figure out why I can't get out of the dungeon, I gave up and found this hint (thanks, Nightwalker)--but for some reason I can't frob the stone. I can see it. I can hit it with my sword, and it makes a nice clinking sound. But I can't get the damn thing to do anything. Help?

All four custom scripts are installed (I just double checked).... I'm utterly lost as to why I can't get the key.

[EDIT] Scratch that, I figured out what I was doing wrong (or, not doing first): You have to read the note first before the stone becomes frobbable.
    Last edited by Queue; 25th Jan 2011 at 12:51.

I am so excited, I feel like leaving work. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Queue View Post
    I'm stuck here.... After spending about an hour trying to figure out why I can't get out of the dungeon, I gave up and found this hint (thanks, Nightwalker)--but for some reason I can't frob the stone. I can see it. I can hit it with my sword, and it makes a nice clinking sound. But I can't get the damn thing to do anything. Help?

All four custom scripts are installed (I just double checked).... I'm utterly lost as to why I can't get the key.

[EDIT] Scratch that, I figured out what I was doing wrong (or, not doing first): You have to read the note first before the stone becomes frobbable.
    Sorry for the confusion, Queue, but I'm glad you worked it out. I'll try to check back here more frequently to offer help if any more is needed. I know it's a pain to sift through pages of a thread trying to find an answer and not accidentally see a spoiler. Hope you like it!

EDIT: Ok, so he either lost interest or didn't like it. Boy, do I feel silly! FMs are like one night stand sex. If you really really love it, you tell everyone you know about it. But, if it is anything other than "great", you don't say a word.
    Last edited by bassmanret; 30th Jan 2011 at 18:42. Reason: no response

I've just played this mission, twice, and I like it a lot. Needed help finding some crucial keys (main problem was that I played with such a dark setting that I didn't notice them, or the things I needed to frob to get to them ).

Got the 'perfect bloodless revenge' the first time. I only killed the inquisitor (arrow in the back - that's how sophisticated I was...). Missed 705 loot the first time.

Second time around, I found most of the missing loot. Quite a bit of it was in a section with locked cupboards in the kitchen I completely missed the first time. Found all but 120 this time. With the help of a loot tool I could see that I had missed a ring on the bathtub in bathroom next to master bedroom and a pair of scattered coins in the butcher's room.

Never found Lord Bile the first time. Second time around, the butler got killed early after I had hidden myself from searching guards. Two guards and the butler died in a bug swarm in the mess hall! Later, when I was going downstairs to leave the mansion, several objectives got the 'red cross over'. What was this about? I got back up and found Lord Bile in the foyer, dead. I wonder, could the lowered chandelier somehow be dangerous for him to bump into? Weird.

Anyway, thanks a lot for this mission! Loved the burrick songs, especially the silly one in the storage room. Since the head was frobbable, I expected that a secret would open or something, was really surprised and went

Also, I really liked the ending, with spider cave and all. It certainly pwned me the first time. I killed the spider in the first alcove with my sword. That made the two other alcove spiders edgy - I hadn't expected them to have the ability to fire magic missiles!

Shucks, now I'll have to play this one again multiple times to remember where everything is...

Wow, I forgot how much fun this place was! Just decided to look back at some old stuff, and MAN, this old stuff is really fun to revisit! It makes me sad that Thief FMs aren't being released as much as they were in "my day", and that silly TDM missions are trying to replace them (so very sadly unsuccessfully). Old days are gone, as they say.

As this thread suggests, I so sincerely hope that some players continue to enjoy my Thief FMs. I spent a great deal of time, effort, and LOVE working on them.

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanret View Post
    Wow, I forgot how much fun this place was! Just decided to look back at some old stuff, and MAN, this old stuff is really fun to revisit! It makes me sad that Thief FMs aren't being released as much as they were in "my day", and that silly TDM missions are trying to replace them (so very sadly unsuccessfully). Old days are gone, as they say.

As this thread suggests, I so sincerely hope that some players continue to enjoy my Thief FMs. I spent a great deal of time, effort, and LOVE working on them.
    As a TDM dev, I play Thief 1, 2 and 3 FM's, as well as those released for our TDM platform. What's with this 'supplanting and replacing' nonsense? TDM is an alternative. Gave you the benefit of the doubt over on the TDM threads, and then come over here and read this?

Quote Originally Posted by New Horizon View Post
    As a TDM dev, I play Thief 1, 2 and 3 FM's, as well as those released for our TDM platform. What's with this 'supplanting and replacing' nonsense? TDM is an alternative. Gave you the benefit of the doubt over on the TDM threads, and then come over here and read this?
    I thought I was done with this forum, but just happened to be browsing, and noticed this post.

New Horizon, I have a great deal of respect for you, and I meant no ill will toward you or TDM. As I'm sure you're aware, I got off on the wrong foot with the Dark Mod folks. I haven't been back and don't plan to revisit because I do feel that I was treated unnecessarily harshly, but I did still apologize to all I thought I may have offended (Yes, MF was too much. Guilty). If any words were said after said apologies, I have no knowledge of it, and I think that is best. I won't regurgitate the details of that, and if any of the DM folks still are angry, I'm truly sorry, but I will not revisit that site. I simply disagree with too much of what most of their posters believe and I absolutely hate internet arguments.

I just came to TTLG for the fun of reading about playing Thief Fan Missions, and then telling the author of said mission how cool they were for making them. Then, I wanted to pay them back by making my own mission that they and others could hopefully find fun playing. I think I did that, and that makes me very happy.

As I've said with the release of my FMs, If anything I've said has offended anyone, I'm truly very sorry.

I get that I may say stupid things without realizing it. Again, sorry if that's the case. I honestly don't want to offend anyone.