TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Garrett and the Princess by Firehawk (21/01/2010)

Thanx for the fast answer, Firehawk - not the place I'd usually look for a key

Edit - "Finished"; i.e. found & returned the Princess & opened everything except 1 door on the ground floor of the palace, but am about 1,000 short of the loot requirement & no idea where it could be (did the vault, dining room & art gallery).

Anyway; thanx for an enjoyable mission
    Last edited by Sticky Fingers; 23rd Jan 2010 at 16:12.

Training Room

There appears to be a secret door in the training room - how is it opened?

Thanks!

Fun mission!

Ok its been half an hour and im still stuck...I found the baker's hidden button, but all I see is the appearanceof the "DONT USE" button appearing next door. If i press t, the guard dissipears with a splash. Where am i supposed to go next?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimera View Post
    There appears to be a secret door in the training room - how is it opened?

Thanks!

Fun mission!
    Instead of hitting the bulls-eye of the center target, aim the arrow at the bottom, i.e. 6 O'clock!

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Thanx for the fast answer, Firehawk - not the place I'd usually look for a key

Edit - "Finished"; i.e. found & returned the Princess & opened everything except 1 door on the ground floor of the palace, but am about 1,000 short of the loot requirement & no idea where it could be (did the vault, dining room & art gallery).

Anyway; thanx for an enjoyable mission
    There's a balcony above the Blacksmith's. I don't think there is a key, but I bashed the door in with the sword. There's your thousand and change!

Quote Originally Posted by Lawviz View Post
    Ok its been half an hour and im still stuck...I found the baker's hidden button, but all I see is the appearanceof the "DONT USE" button appearing next door. If i press t, the guard dissipears with a splash. Where am i supposed to go next?
    take a bath. Look for the 'plug'

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    take a bath. Look for the 'plug'
    Ahhh thanks, that was reeeeal sneaky

Apparently I killed the king/queen/princess and I'm still okay, even robbing their castle and vault. I wonder how the kings gunna pay him now?

Quote Originally Posted by 10Brooklyn01 View Post
    There's a balcony above the Blacksmith's. I don't think there is a key, but I bashed the door in with the sword. There's your thousand and change!
    Hey, Thanx, 10Brooklyn01 - was there right at the start & completely forgot about it (there's over 1300 in there!)
    Anyone find a key for that?
    Never did find a key for that room in the palace which I assume was this 'training room' referred to; couldn't even bash it in (could I have screwed things up by fire-arrowing the camera in the marble hall upstairs?)

BTW - the "Find The Princess" objective was unchecked on the finishing screen, probably because I was nice enough to drop her on the bed - ahhh, just too considerate for my own good...

stuck at entrance

Garrett says He can probably hit that switch/button, but I cannot seem to find what he is talking about. I can hit the lever and the gate opens a little and closes.

what am I doing wrong?

---------

just noticed the wood beam sticking out of the "turret" and roped up and hit the button and now I am in.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

ShadowCrawler - Shoot an arrow and run through the gate before it closes.

now searching for the baker's key near the fountain.

no luck so far. is it at the fountain or elsewhere? still searching.

---think I posted too soon. I am stuck at the wishing statue, thinking that is what she meant by fountain. That is behind a locked gate. In city watch now searching for keys to that other area.
    Last edited by Shadowcrawler; 24th Jan 2010 at 06:37.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

ShadowCrawler...failing that,....shoot a rope arrow in the beam on the other tower, climb up and use the button that I found there...its much easier

There is another way to go into the gate
    Hint look at the top of the right window
    Big Hint There is a piece of wood in top of the right window. Shoot an rope arrow climb up press the button and the gate is open

The Key for the bakery is in the second water basin of the fountain

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
    There is another way to go into the gate
    Hint look at the top of the right window
    Big Hint There is a piece of wood in top of the right window. Shoot an rope arrow climb up press the button and the gate is open

.... mmm maybe mantling onto the lighted torch and climbing over the gate wasn't the best route!

can you get into the weapons shop?

I made it into the attic, but not the store itself.

can it be done?

off to search Truart's house.

You will find a way into the weapon shop later

secret door in training room

I assume this can be opened some how by hitting a button or switch somewhere in this house.

also looking for Truart's lockbox key, assume I might find that too somewhere, perhaps on him?????

only looking for hint....I am sure I will find it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrawler View Post
    I assume this can be opened some how by hitting a button or switch somewhere in this house.

also looking for Truart's lockbox key, assume I might find that too somewhere, perhaps on him?????

only looking for hint....I am sure I will find it eventually.
    Instead of hitting the bulls-eye of the center target, aim the arrow at the bottom, i.e. 6 O'clock!

the key to the attic over the armourers shop is inside the shop underneath

blatant spoiler - it's inside the forge on the left hand side

one thing I wondered was how does the armourer get into the attic over his shop ?

I have visions of him making tea, climbing up there with the tray balanced on his head, and watching the sunset on one of the chairs while sipping contentedly

I feel pretty dang dumb....no one else had this problem. I cannot find the picture gallery. Have the princess, the picture gallery key. Just short on loot which I guess is in the elusive picture gallery.

joanieS - you'll need the Dining Room key; look in the kitchen

More; on the kitchen table

Oh, rats! I HATE to spend so much time on something so simple. There was even a reference to this in an earlier thread. Thanks for your prompt reply. I think I'll just hang my head and go have a beer.

garrett and the princess

mission compleated, all loot found,i quite enjoyed the mission.

I think I've hit a bug. I've got the loot objective ticked off plus the "read the information" one but as soon as I pick up the badge and get the new objectives, the mission ends. Both the objectives to search Truart's house for information on the Princess and "Find the Princess" are unchecked. One to bring the Princess back to her room is ticked off, even though I haven't done it. I had to restart from a save that didn't have the loot objective completed to be able to continue.

I've seen a training room mentioned. Is that behind the locked door on the ground floor of the Palace? Where is the key to the door, please?
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 26th Jan 2010 at 13:39.