TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Garrett and the Princess by Firehawk (21/01/2010)

Nightwalker: I got the same bug first time through when I picked up the badge and the mission ended - but after loading an earlier save all was fine.

The key for the Training Room is on one of the friendly guards upstairs in the Palace.

Thank you, Sagittal! Don't know how I missed seeing that key.

I ended up going back to a slightly earlier save and not completing the loot objective before picking up the badge and that allowed me to finish the mission properly.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 26th Jan 2010 at 16:11.

Stuck: How to open Metal Gate to Stable area?

Saw an earlier post ref. toilets nearby, but looked all over the 'toilet' in the building and found nothing.

So, how to open the metal gate to the stables?

Nearby is a building patrolled by 2 guards walking perimeter and a shed with water hole which is how I entered the area.

Thanks!

Search the upper room of the house
    More hint look the trophy in this room

Firehawk, thanks very much for this really enjoyable mission! Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by fibanocci View Post
    Yes it was released yesterday. If you're clever, you'll want to wait for an update.
    did it ever get the update? or should I just play it anyway?

Clearinghouse
    I edited the first post. Update version:
    Mirror.
    Mirror.
    Mirror.
    Mirror.

Baker key???

I got the sheriff's key, don't know what to do with that yet, but where is the baker key? Oh, and where is the blacksmith, he was only gonna be gone 5 minutes

Search by the fountain (in the water) behind the gate
    The blacksmith comes later

sheriffs office...

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
    Search by the fountain (in the water) behind the gate
    The blacksmith comes later
    Yeah, I got the key to his office inside the city watch. Have been all over the place, but I can't find the key to the gate...

Maybe I got the older version of this game? The readables on the desks in the city watch are completely blank

sheriffs office...

Ok, that didn't work with a newer version (It may have been new, who knows), anyways the paper on the 2 office desks are still blank & I can't find no key to the gate to the fountain... Please help...

The key for the gate is on the desk in sheriff truarts office in the City Watch

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    I edited the first post [with] Updated version
    thank you for clarifying, Clearing

sorry FireHawk

totally forgot about the office on the 2nd floor... on my way again...

Huh, sword...

Quote Originally Posted by 10Brooklyn01 View Post
    There's a balcony above the Blacksmith's. I don't think there is a key, but I bashed the door in with the sword. There's your thousand and change!
    Where did you find a sword?? Everyone says the blacksmith/armory is "later"... What's the point in that?? Who'm am I supposed to use the weapons on at the end of the game??

hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by joanieS View Post
    Oh, rats! I HATE to spend so much time on something so simple. There was even a reference to this in an earlier thread. Thanks for your prompt reply. I think I'll just hang my head and go have a beer.
    I've already had 2 "gravity" beers Got a minor buzz going, but no luck in figuring this mission out

Bloody key mission...argh...

I'm in Truart's house/bedroom, I found the frobbable wall trophy & painting. How do I open those? As for the gate that leads to the stables & horse carriage, another thread says to search the toilets near the gate... What bloody toilets??? There's just hedges & wall around Truart's house...

some bizarre architectural choices (especially hidden buttons opening far-away doors, which would probably be used quite a bit), but alright for a novice builder.

Acolyte6 - the trophy in Truart's bedroom is a switch for the large gate in the hedges (a bizarre association, and not the only one). through there you will find the (plain-looking) palace, the stables, etc, and eventually come back to open the painting safe.
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 27th Jan 2010 at 18:08. Reason: advice for Acolyte6

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    I'm in Truart's house/bedroom, I found the frobbable wall trophy & painting. How do I open those? As for the gate that leads to the stables & horse carriage, another thread says to search the toilets near the gate... What bloody toilets??? There's just hedges & wall around Truart's house...
    You'll find out later how to unlock the painting.

Frobbing the trophy gives you access to the stable area you described and the toilets nearby!

Thanks Sagittal & MrMunkeepants, but...

I got a question... Is there another code to open the other gate to get back to town now that I've got the blacksmith key ? I sure can't climb out the bottom of the tub again this is getting very frustrating

P.S. as for the key in the toilet, I'd like to know how, whoever swallowed it to begin with...hehehe

P.S.S. As for the trophy, it should have turned like torches do, I thought it was a lock, not a switch...
    Last edited by Acolyte6; 27th Jan 2010 at 19:00.

To open the other gate the switch is at the right site of the gate

Stuck

Ok, I have two questions to finish this mission:

1. Searched the threads and I cannot find the key for the painting upstairs in Truart's house. Specific hint please!!

2. I feel dumb asking this but where the heck is the princess? I've ko'd everything that moved (even tried to put the horses to sleep too) but I cannot find her. BTW, the female pagan I had to come back and KO her a second time for some reason.

I'm enjoying this mission but I think some of the hidden switches are too hard and take away from the enjoyment of puzzle solving.
    Thank you!

bobber:

From what I can remember in both cases, look in the Lords (not Truart's) bedrooms upstairs. One belongs to the princess. Search her room carefully.

First part leads to second part.

Quote Originally Posted by bobber View Post
    I'm enjoying this mission but I think some of the hidden switches are too hard and take away from the enjoyment of puzzle solving.
    Thank you!
    I agree.
    I just played this FM and it's great!!! There's a Dewdrop dolly in it, so I'm HAPPY
    But just one remark: there're some parts in this mission where the keys and buttons should have been made more seeable Some are, some aren't!
    It's not OK when you have to frob a whole room, searching behind curtains, under beds, behind all furniture in a crawled way, just to find a non-seeable button or key. ]

It's OK when you need to climb a bed to look at all spaces behind and besides it for a key or button, but it should be visable then.
    At least I think so.
    SO: No need for me to go and check on it again, when I know I didn't find anything in there ... and later on I read on the forum that I just had to frob a bit more to the left or right ... and suddenly I would have found a key or button.
    Just my statement here.

Nevertheless: This is a GREAT mission with lots of fun stuff to play with!
    And a Dewdrop dolly on the princesses bed also!
    I like it!

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

garrett/Princess T2 stuck cant get out of bath

Trying to go back to the blacksmith to obtain weapons so I can blow up cameras or cannonball maniacs trying to find way back to blacksmith returned to bath but cannot get out swam in tunnels lost

Please excuse my ignorance as mission is dark didnt realise lever to another gate, now I can laugh
    Last edited by scaredmum; 29th Mar 2010 at 23:32. Reason: sorry found lever to gate