TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TDM FM: The Tears of St. Lucia re-release 21st Jan 2010

TDM FM: The Tears of St. Lucia re-release 21st Jan 2010

The Tears of St. Lucia was our second "alpha demo", released in 2008. It has been updated and is now playable using TDM 1.00.

If you have played the map before, you won't find anything new--entities have been updated (like candles) but the map and gameplay (eg, no lockpicks) have not been altered. Those of you who didn't get a chance to play it before are in for a treat, however.

http://www.mindplaces.com/darkmod/fmdetails.php?id=15

Congrats on the (re-)release!

Clearinghouse
    Congrats

Southquarter.com/fms
    Great news. Will we see the same for Thieves Den?

Great, now I can finally play it!

Keeper of FMs

Mirrors

I really enjoyed this mission. I'm glad to see it's been updated.
    TTLG
    Darklurker.com

Great, now I have finally played it!

And it's by far the best TDM mission.

Great news. Will we see the same for Thieves Den?
    I don't think there are any plans for that, but anything's possible.

The performance in this map is very good. Congrats.

I get a very solid FPS throughout.

perfect! I'd been wanting to see how it performed once my computer was properly tuned, but wasn't sure if it would break TDM.

how about the maps that are preview on the TDM Images page, will those be released any time soon? what about Blackheart Manor?
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 21st Jan 2010 at 17:06.

how about the maps that are preview on the TDM Images page, will those be release any time soon? what about Blackheart Manor?
    Many of the images on the website are from maps that were experiments or never made it to completion.

Dram is apparently still working on BM, but who knows how long that will take.

Dram (author of Blackheart) had posted awhile back about wanting to work on it more. Sounds like he is busy with real life at the moment though.
    I'm not really the one to give official word either. But what I know is it is huge and a very nice mission (as evidence from the screens) and that he still seems to want to finish and release it.
    -ninja'ed

Quote Originally Posted by Springheel View Post
    Many of the images on the website are from maps that were experiments or never made it to completion.
    aw
    what I know [about Blackheart Manor] is it is huge and a very nice mission (as evidence from the screens) and that he still seems to want to finish and release it.
    yay! :dance:

Been hoping this would get re-released! Thanks!

Gone, but never forgotten
    Dowloading

Newest Torrent download: 13 TDM maps

Quote Originally Posted by Schwaa2 View Post
    Dram (author of Blackheart) had posted awhile back about wanting to work on it more. Sounds like he is busy with real life at the moment though.
    I'm not really the one to give official word either. But what I know is it is huge and a very nice mission (as evidence from the screens) and that he still seems to want to finish and release it.
    -ninja'ed
    It is VERY big. lol The last version I played was also optimized very well. I could play it on my humble little system without too much trouble. I think it's going to be Dram's 'little' masterpiece.

I have 2672 /2674, I miss 2 ?

Objectives issue?

Folks,

(First of all, the timing of this forum upgrade may be unfortunate. It looks like we lost some old threads, and I can't find the old thread from a year ago today describing the old version of this mission and I did yesterday.)

Update: As stated elsewhere on the forums, use Google "Advanced Search" to search ttlg.com and that works to find the old thread.

Oh well, I get to ask here...

With much pain, I managed to get the sewer key from the pot, and made my way through the sewers to the church. I thus ended up managing to steal the relic long before I got to the statue. Once I figured out how to damage the statue, I returned to where I started and the mission didn't end. Somehow, the objective to find the relic had turned off even though I had the relic in my inventory!

Is this a known issue?

- prjames

Further experimentation notes that irregardless of whether you've damaged the statue, the relic objective turns off when you either step in front of the steps in front of the church or step into the room with the ladder going back down to the sewers. I wonder if somehow the "leave the vicinity of the church and declare the mission over" somehow got morphed into "leave the vicinity of the church and turn the relic objective off?" Anyway, this makes the mission uncompletable.

Update: The old thread (for the demo mission a year ago) does not mention anyone having this problem with the objectives, thus suggesting it's a new issue.
    Last edited by prjames; 24th Jan 2010 at 21:08.

I have the same problem with the objective of the relic, the mission does not finish

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jo View Post
    I have 2672 /2674, I miss 2 ?
    I have an idea what you possibly missed:
    There's a guy who took shelter in the house right to the one with the access to the sewers. Examine the room he lives in.

Direct spoiler:
    There are two gold pieces in a cup.

Calibrator

spoiler:
    It is written in a parchment in the inn, but the door to the right of that of sewers is closed

Edit:
    Thanks,

spoiler:
    I found how to enter
    Last edited by Lady Jo; 23rd Jan 2010 at 04:21.

is there something special required to get into the priests' rooms? I knocked one out, but he didn't have a key, and I haven't found one elsewhere. this is frustrating because I didn't have trouble with this step in the first release

spoiler:
    There is a key"Old Room" in the dining room

I have the same problem with relic objectives as prjames.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast