TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: First Impressions of BS2

I plowed through about three-quarters of the game in one night off of a one-day rental, returned the game, and have NO inclination to play any more of it.

Yeah, it was a bit of fun. But the gameplay just doesn't have any staying-power in my mind to allow for me playing sequel upon sequel.

it's weird to see zero-punctuation give something a negative review

well, although the game is better than BS1 and I like it, it IS pretty much an unnecessary entry in a franchise never in need of a sequel/prequel/multiplayer. that's what I can agree on. But all the other things he mentions were worse in the first game so he can't hold them against BS2.

Zero punctuation is so annoying... I don't get why so many people care what he says. He's not an authority on anything except ignorance. Just too presumptuous for my liking.

At least I can say that BioShock 2 is what I was hoping BioShock would be, so I'm much happier with it just for that reason alone.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

*Facepalm* Zero Punctuation is SATIRE, you're missing the point if you take his opinion seriously. Yahtzee purposely nitpicks over shit for his viewer's entertainment, trolling idiot fanboys is part of that.

That would be fine if his jokes weren't so maddeningly unfunny.

he makes me laugh now and then and replay some of his more crazy word-creations. I like him very much. ppl just get so emotional over "their" game. I take one Yahtzee over 10000000 other stupid, biased, uncritical, authority-boot-licking gaming website out there. You don't have to agree but I aknowledge his "craft"

This place got abandoned fast.

Well, there were only a few of us who picked it up early, and you can only play it so many times before wanting to move on...

I'm doing the multiplayer. The matchmaking and the cheapshot kiddies are annoying, but if you get with a decent group it's pretty fun.

ZylonBane
    ZeroPunctuation is kind of like The Daily Show... some people are just too dumb to separate out the ha-ha parts from the serious parts. So it leaves them confused and angry instead.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

You actually find John Stewart funny? I'm at a loss for words.

Stewart is on par with shit like Dane Cook.

ZylonBane
    Like I was saying...

Hah hah..

The main difference between John Stewart and Yahtzee is that one's an intelligent and insightful commentator who also happens to be pretty damn funny sometimes, while the other rose to popularity because fast-talking angry people who end all their sentences with CUNT are hilaaaaarious

in fact Yahtzee's a lot more like Dane Cook than Stewart, now that I think of it.

Most of Sacha Baron Coen's stuff is popular for being coarse and outrageous too, but to say that's the only thing going on there would be a pretty poor representation.

So does anyone actually play this game on multiplayer anymore?

i never started. checked out the lobby and "story" around it which was nice but when the matchmaking began I cancelled. don't wanna start with that, I know from Valve how that turns out with "matchmaking".

PC Gamering Smartey Man

The MP is tacked on rubbish (unsurprisingly) and the netcode is the most heinously laggy shit that I've encountered in a good while. Even then I could only ever find boring old Team Deathmatch games and higher ranked players with all of the unlocks would usually just own your ass. The Big Daddy suit spawn points are fixed and not randomised like they should be, so there's always experienced players camping the spawn point.

Also the PC version suffers bad porting, the MP client is capped at 41fps (doesn't affect SP).

It's been a few weeks since I played it, but I'd wager that the lack of dedicated server support, combined with the rubbish netcode, have probably mostly killed off the PC community.

If you want an excellent team-based MP game to play then I wholeheartedly recommend Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Stick to Normal Rush mode, as it's absolutely essential to work as team to succeed. All of the classes are perfectly balanced, providing you with ample opportunity to do well if you play role properly.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 24th Mar 2010 at 06:05.