TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Bioshock 2 Troubles & more troubles

TTLG Server Goddess

Bioshock 2 Troubles & more troubles

Okay so I downloaded the Steam version (as I did with the 1st Bioshock), and after several attempts (re-installing the game, GEWLive etc.) I finally got it to stop crashing at the drop of a hat but NOW...

My player gets stuck - everywhere. Can't turn, crouch, look around... only thing I can do is drill and use my electrobolt (neither of which do any good). I can save and reload my games (apparently others cannot) however, I cannot quicksave as GFW say I'm not logged into an account, which ironically... I am (as much as I HATE that).

Anyone else having an oh-so-not-much-fun-at-all experience with this very anticipated game?

Oh, and WTF is the completely random and unexpected "You have been injured" (zero health all of a sudden) that is not the least bit helped by the one health kit you start with) "find a health kit" ... thing that happens almost right from the beginning? No warning, no enemies nearby, no cutscene - just BAM, you're practically dead

Haha, that's kinda cute. I can just picture MsLedd drilling at air in frustration.

By getting stuck you mean your pov sticks? You're moving fine then suddenly it sticks? Cus you have to do quite a bit of moving to get the electro plasmid. And I'm assuming if you're our server goddess, you're technical enough to have allowed the game to perform the global hook and etc., if you're behind a firewall? Cus if you don't have mouse look at all then it's probably that.

As for GFWL, just make an offline acct.

No idea why you get injured. Could it be that enemies are not displaying for you?

TTLG Server Goddess
    Well, I figured out that:

1. By running the game through the Bioshock2Launcher.exe application rather than through Steam
    2. Using an offline GFWL account (as mentioned)

I am so far not having any problems, and can quicksave and regular save. I think that (now that the "issues" are gone) you are right... there were hidden enemies attacking me, since I have now encountered more splicers in that area than before. Doors are opening that didn't before etc.

Sooo... crossing fingers here, I think I'm good to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jashin View Post
    Haha, that's kinda cute. I can just picture MsLedd drilling at air in frustration.

By getting stuck you mean your pov sticks? You're moving fine then suddenly it sticks? Cus you have to do quite a bit of moving to get the electro plasmid. And I'm assuming if you're our server goddess, you're technical enough to have allowed the game to perform the global hook and etc., if you're behind a firewall? Cus if you don't have mouse look at all then it's probably that.

As for GFWL, just make an offline acct.

No idea why you get injured. Could it be that enemies are not displaying for you?