TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5101520253035404142434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1188

Thread: Tafferpatcher: unofficial complete patch for Thief 2

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    1. Download TafferPatcher v. 2.0.17, run it. In the installation menu, select the existing T2 folder if you already installed it.
    3. In the menu list, select NewDark (this is the only important thing)
    4. It's optional to select other patches.
    5. Finish installation
    6. In the T2 folder, open cam_mod.ini with an editor. Look for this line
    ; always start the FM Selector (if one is present)
    ;Fm
    Remove ";" in front of "FM". Save it.
    That's it. Run thief2.exe or make a shortcut to the desktop.
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 15th Feb 2017 at 05:25.

There is no "NewDark" option in the installation menu. In fact, there are a bunch of options I'm not sure of in the menu. Under "Custom Installation" I'm not sure which items to check---which do I need? Should I just do a full installation?

In Tafferpatcher, NewDark is called "Patch 1.24"

Tafferpatcher Help?

Hey guys.

Haven't spent too much time on this site, so please tell me if this is the wrong place to post this. If it is, tell me, and i'll take down the post. I thought about posting it in the original tafferpatch thread, but I don't know if it will get noticed there. I only have the steam version of Thief 2, and I was able to use Tafferpatcher with it before. Now, it gives me an error that reads "your video hardware is not supported or supported video mode was found". The game runs when I get rid of the patch, but it runs much more smooth and in widescreen with the patch. I've checked my video drivers, and they are up to date. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    In Tafferpatcher, NewDark is called "Patch 1.24"
    Thank you! I think it's working now. .

Quote Originally Posted by MediYogurt View Post
    Hey guys.

Haven't spent too much time on this site, so please tell me if this is the wrong place to post this. If it is, tell me, and i'll take down the post. I thought about posting it in the original tafferpatch thread, but I don't know if it will get noticed there. I only have the steam version of Thief 2, and I was able to use Tafferpatcher with it before. Now, it gives me an error that reads "your video hardware is not supported or supported video mode was found". The game runs when I get rid of the patch, but it runs much more smooth and in widescreen with the patch. I've checked my video drivers, and they are up to date. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    It'll be noticed in the main thread so I'm going to move it there - just to keep things tidy. And it helps when others are trying to resolve similar problems if they've only got one thread to search.

Did you install Thief in a secured folder? Then move it and install TP again.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    It'll be noticed in the main thread so I'm going to move it there - just to keep things tidy. And it helps when others are trying to resolve similar problems if they've only got one thread to search.
    Sorry about that. Thanks for moving over here man!

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    Did you install Thief in a secured folder? Then move it and install TP again.
    I'm not sure. Its just in the steam apps common folder. It was there when I used Tafferpatcher the last time, and it worked.

No problem, MediYogurt. Try these instructions for a Steam release. It may or may not resolve the problem (even though it all worked before) but it's a good place to start.

Hi, new user to this forum (been lurking though) and I had to register because I have couple of issues I haven't found solution yet.
    Firstly, thanks to Tafferpatcher author and all who contributed. I first got back to thieving after noticing all the good stuff for Thief 1 (Gold).
    Played it through with all new gimmicks and had zero problems. I was really thrilled after seeing most of the same stuff also exists for Thief 2.
    Which brings me to my current problem. I had zero problems till mission "First city bank and trust".

In this mission however I suffer from strange anomalies... for example, I suddendly loose ability to shoot arrows. I regain it by saving and reloading game.
    Also, occasionally when tossing a mine, it drops ALL of my inventory items, even the compass is on the ground piled up with rest of my stuff.
    Needless to say, this is a "load game" situation.
    Also, shooting moss arrows occasionally doesn't do anything. I dunno if these are bugs from original game or if I messed something up.
    But with all the patches installed by Tafferpatcher one would think these kind of things would be sorted.

I did try to follow installation instructions to the letter, did I screw something up after all?

(My Tafferpatcher is latest, TafferPatcher_TMA_217_beta.exe) and did a fresh install from original CD's.

My guess is that a script (gen.osm) doesn't work correctly any more or a savegame is corrupted for some reasons.
    1. Restart the mission and try again
    2. Replace gen.osm
    http://www.thiefmissions.com/darkloa...iefScripts.zip
    3. Quicksave as soon as the bug occurs. Upload the quicksave and post a link. I can load it in DromEd.

Update.

Version 2.0.18.

— NewDark 1.25
    — Fixed a bug where selecting "Add Resource and Mission Patches" from the Presets List actually did not actually activate the resource patch in the list. (LOL)
    — Fixed a bug with determining the version of FM scripts (didn't affect anything, just kept reinstalling them what it was non needed).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9p...ew?usp=sharing
    http://download.darkfate.org/project...A_218_beta.exe
    ftp://95.31.27.16/patches/thief2/fan...A_218_beta.exe

Thanks!

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Thank you DJ Riff!

Nice, nice. I really prefer running an installer which gives me choices in menus over manually installing files, so TafferPatcher (and its cousin TFix) are always welcome here.

Thanks DJ!...You should stop by more often...

I hadn't updated since ND1.23 and now my FMselector 1.1.2 looks drastically different and has lost my previous play info and notes; is that normal, or can I get it back?
    Why do I have to right-click and open the read me in another application? *grump grump*
    also: water seems to play two different animations, flipping back and forth like they are conflicting.
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 14th Apr 2017 at 18:25. Reason: finding more problems after install

Zombified
    if you have overwritten your fmsel.ini, then you are probably out of luck.

not all FMs are compatible with T2 water, if you have problems, disable it.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 15th Apr 2017 at 06:36.

voodoo47:

I´m able to jump on top of most trees and also if you open a door you can jump on it and access places where you shouldn´t go, perhaps.
    I think this can be foul play in some situations.
    Any chance of activating/deactivating these through your gamesys.dml in a future release of TFix?

Zombified
    objects can be made non-mantleable, but as mentioned many times before, there is no real stopping a player determined to screw around.

but no harm in putting together a list of objects that shouldn't be mantleable, I suppose.

Did anybody figure out why people get stuck on staircases in Angelwatch? Such an annoying bug, they just keep rapidly turning in all directions, leaving no other choice but to take them out...

My guess is that the stairs in Angelwatch are very steep with a small walking space.

It's just that it never happened in vanilla T2, only in Tafferpatched versions past 2.0.12. At least for me.

Never had the problem. I hate beating a dead horse, but is new_mantle on?

Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5101520253035404142434445464748 LastLast