TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 23 123456111621 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Mirror of Return by PsymH (Feb. 23rd 2010)

T2 FM: The Mirror of Return by PsymH (Feb. 23rd 2010)

PsymH has released the sequel to Ultima Ratio.

Story:

After I heard that Cripplewood was in need of my help, I soon found out that Lord Duncan’s estate was a trap. I am sure that this Cripplewood and the Lord have planned this long time ago. And of course, they must be very interested in my death after they were able to get the required information. My body still aches from the interrogations. One of the Hammer highpriests played a part in all of this and demanded loudly that I should be put away for good.
    Too bad for the three of them, since I was able to escape from the dungeons underneath the estate.
    During my escape from the dungeons, I gathered information regarding a powerful artifact that is known as the artifact of the three powers.
    That sounds very interesting and lucrative, especially since my “three friends” also have showed a high interest in this toy. So, reason enough to go after this artifact.
    After another trip through some waterfalls, I once again made it to the sewers. Why always the sewers? Nevertheless, here I was safe from those chasing me, and I was able to have a moment to think. It was clear that they would want to find me with whatever means possible. To hide would be the wrong thing to do, especially since Orin knows many of my hideouts. Therefore, I need to be more drastic and turn things around a bit. Orin wants to meet Duncan tonight in the Dancing Burrick. This is a golden opportunity. Once I have found out everything about them I need to see how I can best dispose of them. I am also sure that the highpriest Nestor will be a target for me tonight. Not just for information…
    Original Release Post (german)

Mirror of Return 1b (Full)

Outdated:
    Download 1a (MediaFire)
    Download 1a (mirrors)

Attention:Small bug; in the course of the game you'll get an item called "Eye of Revelation". When you get it deactivate it right away and browse through your inventory before using it again.
    Last edited by Chiron; 28th Feb 2010 at 14:45.

Great News!

The long cold winter eves have an end - a N E W M I S S I O N!

Thank you

EXCELLENT!!!!!

Always loved UR, so this is a real treat.

Thank you, thank you, thank you....

Congratulations on the release, PsymH! And thanks for bringing us the news, Chiron.

Got it! Thanks so much!

Now this should shut up Quaker

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    Now this should shut up Quaker
    This is exactly what I had in mind

Been looking forward to this one, thanks!

Awesome, been itching for a new mission. Thanks very much

Thanks, I DL'd it, but am still testing another one. So this one will've to wait for a bit.
    Awesome though!!!

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Well I got the eye of revelation and it doesn't work right. I can draw a weapon to unequip it after getting it, but can never use it again. How do I use use it? The use key has no effect and its not a weapon key. I have the latest scripts. Thanks for any help!

P.S. I did follow the above bug warning.

awesome! loved ultima ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    Well I got the eye of revelation and it doesn't work right. I can draw a weapon to unequip it after getting it, but can never use it again. How do I use use it? The use key has no effect and its not a weapon key. I have the latest scripts. Thanks for any help!

P.S. I did follow the above bug warning.
    Once it is selected in the inventory, frob it with right click. This will toggle it on/off

Sorry for the bad pun, but mirrored at southquarter.
    Get all recent FMs at www.southquarter.com/downloads

I'm only about a half hour in and holy smokes - these missions are beautiful, gigantic, incredibly built and a load of fun. The first part is how castle missions are done!
    Last edited by SneakyJack; 23rd Feb 2010 at 21:01.

You say frob it with a right click? Whats a right click? Mine is jump! If its the use key, it don't work. Thanks for anymore help!

You say frob it with a right click? Whats a right click? Mine is jump! If its the use key, it don't work. Thanks for anymore help!
    Try changing weapons and then using the mirror. If that works, then when you use the mirror again, it will disappear.

It should be noted that it's not necessary to complete the mission. Edit: Actually it is.
    Last edited by bob_doe_nz; 23rd Feb 2010 at 20:41.

Clearinghouse
    GREAT! Downloading!

When I first get the eye of revelation, the only way to turn it off is by hitting a weapon key. Thus turning it off and drawing my weapon. The mirror is still in my inventory and the Use key is useless. I have tried repeatedly to turn it back on via the use key and nothing happens.

I can't believe I'm the only one with this problem. Someone please help as I want to play!

P.S. I tried having a weapon equiped when I was given the eye. All it did was freeze my blackjack so I couldn't use it. I had to drw another weapon to turn it off. I think this is a very serious bug that should have been fixed in beta. I hope its fixed soon.
    Last edited by Stingm; 23rd Feb 2010 at 22:21.

Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Don't the tell my husband, but young stuff like this is what I live for

P.S. I tried having a weapon equiped when I was given the eye. All it did was freeze my blackjack so I couldn't use it.
    That is correct. You move the inventory around so that the Eye of Revelation is selected, you then press your 'use item' key so that it then toggles between the eye being used or not.

Once it's deactivated, you then switch weapons to get out of that 'freeze' state and you're back to normal.

When I press my use key after getting the eye of revelation there are no on and off states of the eye. Once I equip a weapon its off and never comes back on. The author should have fixed this before release. Is there a way to fix this or not??? Thanks for any help!

When I press my use key after getting the eye of revelation there are no on and off states of the eye. Once I equip a weapon its off and never comes back on. The author should have fixed this before release. Is there a way to fix this or not??? Thanks for any help!
    Odd. I was one of the second beta tester groups. We never had this issue.

I think this is a big dilemma, because I cannot reproduce this issue myself. Maybe I can do this, if you can send me a savegame please?

Archivist
    Great to see this campaign released

EDIT: mission removed from the upcoming list.
    Last edited by The Phantom; 24th Feb 2010 at 05:14.