TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: We Have A Contest

Vertical Contest Winner 2009

We Have A Contest

Come one, come all to the contest. We Need a Contest, has turned into We are Having a Contest. I don't DromEd without contests. I love the restrictions and the competition drives me to create better missions.

Rules:

Dates: Starting today, February 26th 2010, ending midnight GMT May 31st 2010. PM me if you need an extra day or two, but longer extensions won't be granted.

Restrictions: 512,000 cubic DromEd units maximum volume arranged anyway you want it, you can split it up into several small area brushes that are linked together, or leave it as one area brush. Please, wrap the playing areas in area brushes and name them sequentially as "Playable Area 1, Playable Area 2, etc." Unlimited "decorative area" for dropping in places you can see, but can't get to. Again, wrap these areas in area brushes labeled, "Deco Area 1, Deco Area 2, etc."

Themes: No theme requirements, just dust off that idea you never got around to building, or that story you've always wanted to tell and get building. Anything goes, Hammerites, Mechanists, Pagans, Keepers, guards, mages, horror, humor, action and romance.

Materials : No limits on materials of any kind. Use any fam textures, object, mesh, sound, book art, map art, interface art you wish, but credit must be given to the sources of the materials.

Scripts: Any publicly available script module may be used.

Number of Entries: No limits, you may enter as many missions as you wish, or a multi-part mission. Don't get over ambitious or you WON'T finish in time.

Teams: No limits on teams, you may build with a partner. Though, you'll have to split the glory when you win.

Scoring: We'll use a system similar to Komag's contest scoring, rating a mission on from 1 to 10 on; 1. Design, 2. Story, 3. Gameplay. Gameplay is counted twice. Scores averaged this way: (Design+Story+Gameplay+Gameplay)/4.

Prizes: I have nothing beyond the satisfaction of victory to offer, but a few people have talked about throwing in a prize. A custom TTLG title seems to come with these things these days, maybe we can get one of those. I'll update the prizes when I get a better idea on this.

Two over looked items:

Anonymous: if you want, but if you want to put your name on it, go ahead.

Version: Thief 2 is better looking, has more available resources, and wider support. Build in either Thief version, but I question why you would want to build for Thief 1.

As a personal opinion, I prefer Thief 2 design, but Thief 1's story. I actually strongly dislike playing Thief 1.

Two over looked items:

Anonymous: if you want, but if you want to put your name on it, go ahead.

Version: Thief 2 is better looking, has more available resources, and wider support. Build in either Thief version, but I question why you would want to build for Thief 1.

As a personal opinion, I prefer Thief 2 design, but Thief 1's story. I actually strongly dislike playing Thief 1.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Alright, the contest is official. That is good news.

So, Otto, any kind of hints or teasers on what the rest of us are up against? Hammers? Undead? Mansion? City? Rooftops? Something completely different?

Maybe all at once!

I've been researching European mansions and manors this week, and there is a definete ai type I'm using. I have a lot of the materials ready, but I'm still working on lay out.

I think it wasn't tried actually, but i'm making a Templar Knights theme with many custom textures from cgtextures, and my work of 3 days is taking shape nicely

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Sounds Great Max ! I know, what ever you Create, will be Cool !!

You are a natural at Dromed

The only thing I miss, is a contest name. Doesn't matter what. What about Otto's Contest 1?

I suppose it is a nameless contest. hmmm, i'll think about that.

ZylonBane
    The "Otto Doesn't Dromed Without Contests Contest".

The BYOT contest- Bring Your Own Theme

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    The only thing I miss, is a contest name. Doesn't matter what. What about Otto's Contest 1?

I like Otto’s Contest. Incidentally the name of the folder I am doing my mission on my computer is “OttoCon” .

Southquarter.com/fms
    Yep, my saves look something like...Otto1.mis, Otto2.mis, Otto3.mis...

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Woohoo! I'm glad you're participating, B!

this is a check in message, see if everyone is doing alright, i'm actually complaining about my own size restrictions, thats irony.

Moving along Nicely, and btw Jason, Thankyou so much for your objects! They are Grand !
    I wont have any problem meeting the deadline. Planning to be in Beta by the last of April. Dark is the Lair should hit beta by Mid May.

Distant Quasar
    Coming along just fine. Can't decide...Hammerites or Mechanists...
    - eep!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Hammers!

Hammerists

Hammers, eep. Hammers.

I've some personal problems to quarrel, but my mission is 50% finished. I guess it will be ready on deadline.

Hammerites.

How about: " HammerKnights" ? Change thier skins ! A unique order of Gallant Good Ole Boys.
    Change the Hammer to a War Axe.

The HammerKnights of the Builder.

half way through build time, is anyone stressed about it? i am, lots of real life has slowed me down a bit, but i finally got the ai type i wanted to work, and finished the brush work and roombrushing. i'm lighting now, and dressing the rooms. still no where near goals, so behind.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast