TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T2 campaign "Garrett's Young Years XTra" (2010-02-28)

WOW, downloading!!! maybe this time I won't have the back to desktop issue and will be able to play it!!! Thanks a lot!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    WOW, downloading!!! maybe this time I won't have the back to desktop issue and will be able to play it!!! Thanks a lot!!!!!
    what are you downloading?!

I didn't find any 1.42 on that site.

I found a link here, on this forum, when I performed a search with the key words: garretloader 1.42.
    I installed it and it works just fine.
    In the end, it was a good oportunity to find out about the update and get new.

I started to play and I am very pleased by the mission so far. One remark though: if Garret is a teenager, then from where he got the improved vision (the mechanical eye will be given to Garret, only after the events of Thief 1). I don't know much about the technical stuff, but isn't it possible to block the improved vision that the thief2 engine came with?

I'm in a room with two women, one in front of a open window (across the inventor house) and one sleeping on the bed. It's a stair to an attic. I tried to climb up there for 10 minutes now, but no luck yet. Is it possible to get to the attic. Should I try another 10 minutes?
    Last edited by Simbad; 6th Mar 2010 at 09:24.

Might I suggest sending the walkthrough to another site as thiefmissions is pretty much dead.

Where can we get it? Thanks a bunch!

I've finished the first mission from the pack. Very good mission.
    I liked very much the plot (all of different stories, but that had something in common one with the others), the fact that the mission kept me very busy (so many things to do, so many loot to find -even when I said to myself "ok, that must be all the loot", I discovered yet another thing to loot), the surprise with the blackjack.

The Fridolin objective was awesome and surprising. Reminded me a little bit of the style of Ominous Bequest. I must confess that event though usually I search under elevators, this time I didn't despite the fact that the inventor's diary contains the smelly hint. So I finished it with a little help from the walkthrough, because I lost my patience after seeing that the servant from the Count mansion wasn't Fridolin, the only solution possible for a living Fridolin.

I rated this mission 8/10, for the original concept (the lost years), the link with the future features of original Metal Age (Karas evolution, inventions, etc), and the above mentioned facts. Not more because of the poorer design and a small inconsistency with the child Garret paradigm (the mechanical eye present, the height of an adult despite the fact that we know that at the moment of encounter of the Keepers by Garret, he was a child).

In GYY2 There is a secret in the hammer church that cannot be reached. Each time I jump up, Garrett cannot get a grip on to the ledge.

I am stuck in the same place. I hope its not the exit or we have a huge bug.

"Garrett's Young Years XTra" Part 1˝

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    I am stuck in the same place. I hope its not the exit or we have a huge bug.
    Do you mean the exit in the Hammer's crypt? You should be able to get up if you don't stay too close to the wall, me and my testers did that many times.

If not and you passed the game so far just skip to the next mission, it is the exit indeed. The secret passage leads to the outer zone just near the southern gate.

Z.
    Last edited by zappen; 7th Mar 2010 at 01:49.

normal thief 2 is starting instead of Garrett's Young Years XTra

Hello there

We are having a strange problem with this game when we click on install and then when play icon lights up when we start normal thief 2 is starting on running interference instead of Garrett's Young Years XTra what is going on.

Had any one else had this problem.

Please help
    Thanks

In GYYII, at the beginning, in the basement with the large wheel half in water, it's a switch on the ground, under the countess body, that cannot be activated. It's suppose to be that way?

And what about that attic from the GYY I, that I asked about few posts ago. Is it reachable?

Quote Originally Posted by Simbad View Post
    In GYYII, at the beginning, in the basement with the large wheel half in water, it's a switch on the ground, under the countess body, that cannot be activated. It's suppose to be that way?
    Yes, the whole sewer construction hasn't worked in years.

what about that attic from the GYY I, that I asked about few posts ago. Is it reachable?
    Oh I forget ... there's nothing up there.

Zappen you never answered my question about where to get the walkthru from.

And yes there is no way to mantle to the exit unfortunately.

Edit: Okay I finally was able to mantle the exit. I had to keep backing up until it suddenly worked. Usually you get the noises to guide you but nothing here.

By the way the ramp into the crypt will not allow you to walk out. You have to jump. Small bug but thought I would mention it. Otherwise great missions so far. I wish there was atlest a blackjack in this one though..lol

Just need the walkthrough now! Where do I get it?
    Last edited by Stingm; 7th Mar 2010 at 12:16.

Brother Malachias, how ironic!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    I wish there was atlest a blackjack in this one though...
    But there is! I don't want to spoil your fun. Ask me again if you really can't find it.

A blackjack, a locksmith, something?

Now that's my turn not to find any black jack and lockpicks in GYY III. I just want to know if there are this object somewhere in the mission? I finished all objectives and I didn't find no lockpicks... It hurts me to let all the safes unlockpicked...

I thought maybe in the thiefs realm maybe I will find this usefull tool, but no, I didn't find any.
    And the blackjack too I think it's indispensable, because I saw from distance one "lucky" coin on the too well-lightened table in the city watch. I don't imagine how to put my hand on iti without risking mortal danger. Except maybe grabing it (after completing all the objectives) and run for the exit... But that wouldn't be neat, for Garrett.

later edit: I found the blackjack with the help of Gloria Creep post, on one of this forum's thread. Very well hidden!!
    After that I had no problems exploring some areas hard to explore with conscious peoaple on your back...
    Last edited by Simbad; 8th Mar 2010 at 10:46.

I have been playing part III for a very long and enjoyable time, but I just feel like I can't progress further.
    I have explored every area that I could access and completely, hammerite place, the restricted zone and also rope arrow'ed myself to windows for loot and picking pockets for exclusive access to certain houses, completed all objectives except for finding that doll, was not in restricted zone as I explored it inch by inch unless somehow blind, since I read from somewhere it's supposely there.
    Two places that leave me with question is, I can hear a female hammerite nearby, when inside a high priests room, door that has hammer insignia above it, is this just for the ambience?
    I am deorientated and clueless about the exit path as well, i'm crazy.

Someone wants to give me a nudge to right direction, like a vague hint? (no outright spoilers please)
    Last edited by GhostStealth; 9th Mar 2010 at 09:40.

2nd mission

Hi, I'm in the open area at the end of the tunnel found in the catacombs. It seems to have invisible walls as I cannot access some areas. Searched for a switch or something.....what am I supposed to do???

Ghoststealth: for me the doll was definitely in the abandoned area, above ground - this was playng on Expert but I don't think it changes locations with difficulty?

To advance, have you found a secret area under the Hammerite church - accessed from within the church itself or from a room with an interesting bookcase?

The exit should become apparent when you complete one of the other objectives?

Maga: I thnk you have found the exit early .. "Nothing to do here!" apart from going back

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    Ghoststealth: for me the doll was definitely in the abandoned area, above ground - this was playng on Expert but I don't think it changes locations with difficulty?

To advance, have you found a secret area under the Hammerite church - accessed from within the church itself or from a room with an interesting bookcase?

The exit should become apparent when you complete one of the other objectives?

Maga: I thnk you have found the exit early .. "Nothing to do here!" apart from going back
    Thanks for your advise, shall return back to abandoned area for a third thorough search, whoops overlooked one corner urgh so typical of me, and I also play on expert.
    Yes I have found the secret area under the hammerite church by the book case and thoroughly explored it to also have found the missing talisman, found interesting results while exploring the high preist room.

I found the exit area.
    Last edited by GhostStealth; 9th Mar 2010 at 12:39. Reason: typonese

I finished the last part of the pack with 835 of 1000 loot, but you know what: I don't wanna know where is the rest of the loot! Keep it!

Quote Originally Posted by Simbad View Post
    I finished the last part of the pack with 835 of 1000 loot, but you know what: I don't wanna know where is the rest of the loot! Keep it!
    Oh my you know what?
    I had the same exact statitics too, in my ending of part III too, by loot!
    I would like to thank every living breathe that made these awesome missions come true, I truly felt happy like a thief to finish this interesting story!

Yes, I also meant the fourth mission Simbad.
    Last edited by GhostStealth; 11th Mar 2010 at 12:53.

GhostStealth, for me it's the loot after the fourth mission from the pack, not the third.

Walkthru

Now here's the walkthru: http://www.ttlg.de/de/fm_walkthroughs/10172/gjj.htm

This will be the last adventure of our young orphant Garrett, because it was all I could find out about his youth.
    There is not much more to tell: Garrett brought the talisman back to his aunt but didn't stay long with her, because he missed his freedom there. So one day he left her house and went to Dayport. From then on you know the rest of the story ...

Z.
    Last edited by zappen; 12th Mar 2010 at 02:17.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by zappen View Post
    Thank you! Nice!

I'm at the third gane now and I finally searched for the walkthrough and did what I read in the walkthrough:

... which your cousine did mention. That can't go anywhere pleasant. Use your rope arrow, climb up and enter the rotten building thru the hole in the facade. Be aware of that spider inside, don't forget your arrow and go to the room's opposite side. There is another hole, jump thru it to reach the ...

Where do I use the rope arrow? I tried it everywhere !!!! It's só frustrating!

Help me out here.

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    Help me out here.
    There is a spot of wood directly above the hole in the wall. It's narrow and tricky.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast