TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T2 campaign "Garrett's Young Years XTra" (2010-02-28)

Thanks!!! but it shouldn't be só tricky, is it?
    I'll try again now .... or tomorrow.

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

looking for pagan key

I read a thread saying there is a button in the chapel, to get the pagan cemetary key.

not finding the button. am I blind or is it that well hidden? looked near the hammer statue and the healing water fountain.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrawler View Post
    I read a thread saying there is a button in the chapel, to get the pagan cemetary key.
    From what I remember, it's behind the altar or in that area, anyway.

another question

Ok found it in the correct chapel. Now I am searching for Fridolin. Also is there a way into the barbershop?
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrawler View Post
    Ok found it in the correct chapel. Now I am searching for Fridolin. Also is there a way into the barbershop?
    Not sure which is the barbershop exactly, so without further description, I can't tell.

But with Fridolin, it's a masterpiece, and I don't wanna spoil your fun.
    Search every searchable place.
    Hint: Read again the messages from Fridolin's buliding

I have completed all tasks in Part One. PLEASE give me a hint as to where the abandoned watchtower is located so I can exit to the next part!

Edit: Found it!
    Last edited by Brooklyn; 27th Jul 2010 at 09:51.

Sorry about resurrecting an older thread, but I'm playing this extended version for the first time and I'm stuck at the end of part 2. I'm down in the Hammerite crypts and have done everything I'm supposed to do (shot a moss arrow at the correct coffin, frobbed the wooden coffin & the stone coffin adjacent to it moved to reveal an upper opening), but absolutely CANNOT jump up to that narrow opening in order to end part 2! I have no rope arrows and none were mentioned in the walkthru. Is this some kind of bug that makes that opening just out of reach? Or am I missing something?

Thanks fibanocci; I'd been following the walkthru all along, but was just stuck at that last jump. It took me about 25 tries, but I finally made it! Thanks for your prompt response to my question.
    Last edited by Dia; 7th Sep 2010 at 11:53. Reason: (Finally made the jump successfully after a gazillion attempts!)

Sorry for the double post, but in my experience, once you've posted your thanks it seems no one goes back to read an edit in that post. So my apologies.

Help please. Now I'm stuck in part 3 ('Again With That Damned Talisman'): I've had to reload 16 times due to trying to shoot the damned rope arrow into a STONE facade of the ruins building. The walkthru states, 'Use your rope arrow, climb up and enter the rotten building thru the hole in the facade. ', and shows a picture with an arrow indicating where you should enter through the hole in the second story; however it does NOT show you where to place your rope arrow! Sorry if I sound like I'm being bitchy here; I'm just seriously frustrated at the vagueness of the walkthru and the fact that this is the fourth time I've been seriously stuck in this FM series due to some sort of construction glitch or oversight. I'd really like to finish this one, but am finding that less and less appealing since I'm getting rather tired of getting stuck in seemingly simple-to-perform actions which are nonetheless necessary in order to continue.

This is a very difficult place you're at. First quicksave. Shoot the rope arrow exactly above the hole in the wall. If this doesn't work: reload, again and again and again (it's frustrating, I know). This is the only advice I can give to you.

Thank you once again, fibanocci, much appreciated. And yes; it took me almost 20 attempts before I found that one little tiny spot in the roof overhang that would take a rope arrow. Very difficult part indeed.

Part 1: Sergio Objective

I'm not getting the goal, Have mercy and fulfil Sergio’s last desire to tick off. I carried him into the pagan cemetery and dropped him into the grave (about a dozen times from various angles). I also tried the grave in the adjacent cemetery. Is there something I'm missing?

EDIT: Nevermind. I shut down the game and tried again this morning and it worked. Go figure.
    Last edited by Ricebug; 17th Sep 2011 at 10:16.

I had the same trouble in the second mission (Castle Nasenstein) as a few other seems to have had: that jump up from the passage in the crypt. I tried both plain mantling and jump + mantling, from several spots, many many times. The main problem is that the passage you want to get up to has a bit too low a ceiling to allow mantling. I see that others have managed to mantle up there, but I could never do it.

I solved it my way. I stacked Dewdrop, two healing potions, a speed potion and the chisel as far back in the little alcove as possible (without my upwards jumps pushing me sideways). Then I dropped a flare on my head, mantled up on it twice, then took a forwards running jump and got up there.
    Last edited by jiansonz; 20th Feb 2013 at 17:53.

I'm looking for a key to the metal door in the big mansion compound (the one with the crayman and ape beast in mission 1)

EDIT: Never mind, found it
    Last edited by Azaran; 24th Jun 2015 at 17:37.

Really nice and entertaining campaign. Full of ideas, interesting plot twists and some very scary moments.

Thanks ... seems it runs better with ND 1.23 now ...
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Playing GYY III on Expert. Is there a BJ? If so, I need a hint as to its location please.

OK found it. I hadn't been to the abandoned area.
    Last edited by Marbrien; 4th Dec 2015 at 09:53.

Can someone tell me where is the abandoned tower???

Quote Originally Posted by MayheM View Post
    where is the abandoned tower???
    If you mean the location in the first mission where you're supposed to finish the mission: Ricebug's Walkthru for this campaign (year 2010) says there's an alcove next to a pirate's apartment.

I remember this lovely campaign

It has four relative small missions, but they all offer a great gameplay. Garret had to search for his tools like the lockpicks and a blackjack, thus resulted in visiting the same places twice. These missions contain forced ghosting to a certain degree. Ghosting is not frustrating due to the relative small maps and many possibilities for avoiding AI's. Some puzzles also have to be solved.

Aah, good memories...

I'm back in part one: I put Sergio in a grave in the cemetary, but noting happens.
    In a walkthrough made by Ricebug, I read about a keymaker's shop. I'm running in circles now. Where is that shop?
    Please, I need some help.
    Still haven't the BJ yet.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

if that is the mission where you are suppose to get a fish from a guy by water,i think the mission is broken on new dark? i remember playing it i think 1 year ago and got stuck by a none triggered event

You have to put Sergio into the right grave, behind a locked iron gate. Someone once made a YouTube video of that. I also read that sometimes the objective doesn't tick off if Sergio does not land exactly in the right spot in that grave, so if you found the right one, take him out again and throw him in a second time. After that, you will get your blackjack.

There is another walkthrough available at thiefmissions.com. It mentions that the blacksmith offers some key services. Maybe that will help you. There are no clear directions to that place, however.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i think the mission is broken on new dark? i remember playing it i think 1 year ago and got stuck by a none triggered event
    I played it only 6 months ago, no problems with Newdark, all 4 missions worked fine.

IIRC there are 2 cemeteries, you need to place Sergio in the grave in the locked cemetery as baeuchlein says, and yes downwinder it's not surprising you got stuck, finding the right grave did my head in as well.
    Last edited by fortuni; 31st Jul 2018 at 02:08.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast