TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: Are you looking forward to this?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 86.11%
  • No

3 8.33%
  • What is this? (Comment on thread)

2 5.56%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: S.T.A.L.K.E.R Lost Alpha

Patch 2 is out. Here are the finer details:

Ver 1.3002 is it's official versioning.

Download: http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha...a-v13002-patch

Changelog:

Fixes:
    - fixed vibrating (constant open and close) doors on Great Metal Factory level
    - fixed inaccessible "ashes to ashes" stash on Darkdolina level- fixed crash for missing suit upgrade
    - fixed Escape bridge soldiers dying because too far from shelter
    - fixed flying trees and props on Darkscape level- fixed Pripyat geometry (missing surface)
    - fixed Arena mobs missing bug- fixed no available phrase to say, dialog[dm_artefact_merger_wnd]
    - fixed no available phrase to say, dialog[forg_stalker_trader_start]
    - fixed map marker for bandit suit on Darkdolina
    - fixed crash related to missing crossbow decor model'
    - fixed level changer position from the Power Plant to Sarcofag
    - fixed Radar crash near outpost
    - fixed ui_repair_wnd.script:471: attempt to index field 'selected_item'
    - fixed quickload after death with hotkey
    - fixed Greben jobs and dialogs on Yantar
    - fixed usage of motion blur effect on R2 (dynamic lightning)
    - fixed Lukash task dialog
    - fixed Petrenko's task and dialog on Great Metal Factory level
    - fixed Sidorovich's message to kill zombies even if all are dead
    - fixed incorrect RPM for upgraded sig550
    - fixed can't open section 'bandages'
    - fixed incorrect icon for upgraded VAL weapon
    - fixed return entry to Pripyat from Outskirts
    - fixed [error]Description : callback kils bone matrix bone: bip01_spine2
    - fixed crash when killing stalker trader on Construction Site
    - fixed some other codes for doors
    - fixed broken logic for doors and camera on Lost Factory
    - fixed some floating boxes and barrels in Agroprom
    - fixed ai-map in Deadcity (monsters climbed the bridge from the river)
    - fixed ai-map for the duty sniper on Garbage outpost
    - fixed ai-map and geometry on Yantar level
    - fixed green glass in windows, jars etc. on r1 (static lightning) render
    - fixed shader for lamps on dx10 (bulbs in lamps visible again)
    - fixed incorrect calculation of money
    - fixed Pripyat secret trader, now he will appear
    - fixed crash in DetailManager, often shown on Generators level
    - fixed some broken freeplay tasks
    - fixed pda buttons (and the crash when using it)
    - fixed missing known info strings
    - fixed unresponsive bloodsucker on Darkvalley when climbing through hole in roof
    - fixed Deedee antidote exploit
    - fixed kill statistics
    - fixed No available phrase to say, dialog[forg_dolg_raid_dialog_finished]
    - fixed rendering crashes on all levels, but mainly related to the last few ones
    - fixed transparent window frame on Generators level
    - fixed missing Sin house (esc_basement_motor_cache) stash in Escape level
    - fixed upgraded icon for PSZ-9Md outfit
    - fixed crash when using repair kits
    - fixed Sakharov dialogs
    - fixed faulty stashes on Army Warehouses level
    - fixed auto fire upgrades
    - fixed Deadcity money issue
    - fixed kampers ignoring danger
    - fixed contact's incorrect avatar on Army Warehouses level
    - fixed position of anomaly which was almost inside the Bar on Great Metal Factory
    - fixed crash when talking to Duty leader on the Power Plant level
    - fixed trees which had no collision
    - fixed No available phrase to say, dialog[escape_wolf_greatings]
    - fixed broken task when Hunter moves to Outskirts
    - fixed duplicating ammo in safe exploit- fixed weather
    - fixed transparent metal surface on Garbage level
    - fixed crash which happens if you try to talk to an npc via pda chat in the same time the npc dies
    - fixed upgraded icon for VAL weapon
    - fixed mutant wave on the Power Plant level (sometimes task did not finish)
    - fixed reaction of monolith soldiers at the Power Plant level when player drives BTR vehicle
    - fixed various small glitches

Addons:
    - finetuned all traders and their stock
    - added missing map hint for Garbage sniper
    - removed anomaly from the middle of the road on Great Metal Factory which made the access to Military level with car very hard
    - Strelok's book can be dropped now, but it will be available in the articles menu on your pda as well
    - now can buy cars from Outskirts barman too
    - monster and character relations were tweaked
    - added timer on hud for the gasmask on Rostok Factory level
    - slightly increased probability of rain and thunder
    - knife hit powers finetuned
    - alcohol postprocess effects tweaked
    - dx10 render optimized (more will come in later patches)
    - added feature: when checking stash with purple icon and not taking all of theitems, the icon will change to green and will only be removed if you take all
    - pda chat finetuned, if a participant goes offline, you will see message "connection lost"
    - added X18 documents dialog to the "barman" Petrenko so that dialog can complete if doing task later
    - made Sin neutral to the actor (to avoid misunderstanding)
    - made Sin hostile towards actor_dolg (if player joins duty) and dolg (duty faction)
    - added more fuel to traders and stashes
    - finetuned ai reactions
    - finetuned certain monster reactions
    - removed extra sleeping bags from the game, but the one you have is now dropable, tradeable, and you can buy one at traders
    - added ladder to the hole on the ground in Yantar to make climbing in and out more convenient
    - revisioned and united all weapon hud positions
    - the secret trader now sells only unique items
    - added more alife to Darkscape, Forest, Outskirts and Country levels
    - particles engine tweaked, finetuned and more stable
    - implemented cloud shadows on r3 (dx10) render too
    - added pda message about the 3rd bloodsucker to kill on Rostok Factory level
    - enemies won't ignore you if you are sitting in a car
    - various smaller tweaks and fixes
    - removed test grenades and fixed bug so now NPCs will run from grenades they throw if they land close to them

Please guys, if you find anything then report it!

So how is the game overall? I have read some pretty negative comments upon its release.

Is it worth the wait or am I still better off with Call of Pripyat and its mods?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheWolf View Post
    So how is the game overall? I have read some pretty negative comments upon its release.

Is it worth the wait or am I still better off with Call of Pripyat and its mods?
    My opinion is that it all depends on YOU.

How much do you enjoy Stalker overall?
    What would be the main reason for you to play Lost Alpha?

After the second patch, the game does run a lot smoother.

It's been getting a lot of negative flak mostly due to it getting leaked early, and then the developers decided to release it in it's unfinished condition. So if you keep that in mind, I think you will enjoy it.

Imo, LA is well worth the wait. I was enjoying playing it immensely, but too many CTDs ruined it for me towards the end. It's kind of a new slant on SoC and I think all those who had a hand in its creation deserve praise and kudos. At this point everyone understands the reason LA was released prematurely, and while we've all tried to be patient and sympathetic, it's still been frustrating to play a game that is basically excellent but still full of major flaws. The devs are obviously breaking their necks to fix all the issues, and their efforts are much appreciated.

I just reloaded SoC only to be back in the Stalker world while waiting for the new patch, but will be returning to LA as soon as I'm done with the original trilogy. Yeah, LA is definitely worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by Axon1988 View Post
    My opinion is that it all depends on YOU.

How much do you enjoy Stalker overall?
    I dunno, I played the shit out of the first STALKER half a decade ago, although I didn't bother completing it until the English release of AMK 1.3. Then I moved to Call of Pripyat, never to touch Shadow of Chernobyl or its failed sequel Clear Sky again.

It has been a while since I have played Call of Pripyat, though. I guess having to wait for newer versions of mods I was playing at the time made me lose interest in the series. And now, both MISERY 2 and Lost Alpha are out, but I'm not sure which one I should play.

How does Lost Alpha fare in comparison to SoC and CoP?
    Last edited by JohnnyTheWolf; 20th Jul 2014 at 23:14.

Considering that LA is basically a fan-made game, I think it fares quite well by comparison to SoC. There are small differences in the same basic missions you had in SoC, difference that make LA interesting; the graphics, etc., are probably one step up, though it still must be taken into account that SoC is an older game in that respect. The only complaints I've read are all regarding the many glitches, bugs, etc., that plague LA, and the devs are working their butts off to correct those. And we all know why LA is so bug/glitch-ridden; we knew that going in to our first play-throughs. Imo, LA is basically SoC with a few twists; but it is those twists that provide die-hard Stalkers with the enjoyment of playing what I feel is a newer, updated version of SoC.

I don't think CoP can even be used in comparison to LA, since CoP is so very different from SoC. Same fruit, different trees, and all that. I haven't applied the latest LA patch yet, having decided in my frustration over all the CTDs in LA to just go back and play the trilogy (LA, even as bug-ridden and glitchy as it is, leaves you craving more Stalker), but have every intention of reinstalling LA and giving it a try once more. It's worth it, imo.

What would these twists be?

Don't wanna give out spoilers. Better if you just go ahead and load up LA. Believe me, it's worth it.

No, go ahead. I don't mind spoilers.

New patch released.

Warning, previous saves made with 1.3002 or earlier will not carry over. You'll have to start a new game. The patch is cumulative, so you will not need to install the previous (1.3001 or 1.3002) patch at all.

Okay, I just heard something about LA's ending being utter shit. Is there any truth to it?

I'm still reluctant to give this mod a try as I don't really see how it is much of an improvement over SoC.

The ultimate updates available:

- Software Development Kit (SDK) v.2.6

- SDK Addon pack 1
    Last edited by Sensut; 20th Oct 2014 at 03:18.

Okay, I just heard something about LA's ending being utter shit. Is there any truth to it?

I'm still reluctant to give this mod a try as I don't really see how it is much of an improvement over SoC.

Make sure, it's a free mod . The ending looks like this:

I've probably put ~10 hours into LA so far and I'm enjoying it but I'm a little underwhelmed. The main things that break my immersion so far are spotty AI and glitches. I like the look and I like the new areas, but some of the parts that should be really hard and creepy are not because the zombie and burer AI isn't great. That may be just a fact of SoC, not LA itself, I'm not sure. My last STALKER experience was the MISERY mod for CoP and that, to this day, is my all around best STALKER experience (both vanilla and modded SoC and CoP). The AI made a big difference, and better AI/pathfinding plus increased deadliness of generally everything made for an incredibly tense (but great) experience. I'm going to continue playing LA for sure, at least until I do a couple good labs, but so far MISERY > LA for me.

I agree, the AI is the main issue for me as well. Also I wish it were possible to travel faster, because many side quests require you to run back and forth througout the world map. For one, it would be good if there were more passable by car territories and more places to buy gasoline. But the AI is number #1 problem. Sneaking just doesn't work. Enemies are immediately informed as a group if you do anything. Assassinating with silenced/melee weapons doesn't work I think - everybody is informed immediately.

Hey - quick question about this mod. I have tried it a few times now, and I have to say that the story is absolutely fucking awful. And awfully implemented. And actually ruins it. Is there any way to just get rid of all the cutscenes and stuff?