TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T2 Campaign: Mine Saga - 03/14/2010

T2 Campaign: Mine Saga - Updated 2013-07-23

Happy Pi day, everyone!
    Mine Saga begins at Darkstone Mine, a completely dark mission in which you have to use flares to navigate and light torches while trying to complete your objectives. The next mission, Mine Affairs, brings you to a small manor in the city that hides a mournful secret. Bonds of Mine takes you to the northern mountains through a garrison, a Hammerite Monastery with a dark past and an ancient mage's tower. The last mission, Mine Saga's End, is set back in the city.
    Mine Saga is a compilation of all my previously released missions, updated with better graphics, visuals, enhancements to gameplay and many additions, changes, and improvements that I couldn't possibly list. Mine Saga also includes a brand new unreleased mission, briefings for each mission and an ending credits movie.
    For additional improved graphics, I recommend downloading and installing the Thief Enhancement Pack by Nameless Voice, unless you prefer a more classic look.

Darkstone Mine was originally created in just a weekend, and was intended to take an element of gameplay, flares, and use them to their utmost potential. As a consequence, the entire mission has zero ambient light and is contained in the space of a 64 foot cube.
    Mine Affairs was released just a week after Darkstone Mine was released. It was originally intended to be in a 64 foot cube, but was rearranged to better utilize space and fits in a 64x128x32 foot brush, with the same volume.
    With Bonds of Mine, I tried to create a large organic feeling outside environment using textures I personally made. Construction took several months. It's the only mission in the campaign that wasn't intended to fit in a 64 foot cube.
    Mine Saga's End is also a genuinely small mission that was originally intended to be inside a 64 foot cube, but was just slightly expanded for an very special effect and added visuals.

I certainly hope you enjoy the missions, but most of all I hope I get you thinking about some of the ideas and themes that are presented through the story. It was those ideas that fueled the creation of all my missions.

Without further ado, I proudly present Mine Saga

Downloads (141MB)
    NewDark v1.1a
    Mediafire - English & Italian (Readables only)

OldDark v1.0e
    Thief Missions - English Only
    MediaFire - English & Italian (Readables only)

Thanks for Playing!
    Last edited by AntiMatter_16; 24th Jul 2013 at 17:42.

I can't wait to play! Getting it now. Thank you! Ohh big one, 141 meg.

What a treat!!! THANK YOU !!!

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Congrats on the release, AntiMatter_16! Really looking forward to playing it.

smashing, Thanks for this ;-)

but good god 150MB this Campaign must be packed full of goodies..

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    smashing, Thanks for this ;-)

but good god 150MB this Campaign must be packed full of goodies..
    Blame the Briefing and Credits movies. They're massive. But it IS packed full of goodies anyway. =)

Damn all these new missions and I won't be able to play any of them until the end of April!

.... ánd I'm stuck allready

WHAT A GREAT mine story. THIS is how a mine should be: DARK
    I thank you a lot for all the flares though. Otherwise it would not be playable
    And now I'm stuck: I made it to the upper elevator level, and have no clue how to go from here. I just have two flares left

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

I loved it when I tossed the blue vase away and it shattered. lol

Seems that vase is never worth anything anyway, besides 2 or maybe 3 missions that I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    .... ánd I'm stuck allready

WHAT A GREAT mine story. THIS is how a mine should be: DARK
    I thank you a lot for all the flares though. Otherwise it would not be playable
    And now I'm stuck: I made it to the upper elevator level, and have no clue how to go from here. I just have two flares left

Gloria Creep
    There's a lantern on the elevator. It goes out if you light a flare though. To get it to come back on drop the lantern and pick it back up.

Don't forget you can light torches with flares. You can also use the lantern.

Got it! Thanks so much for the updated and new missions.

Great news, AM (damn, the 3rd new release I haven't played yet - better wash my hands )
    Downloading ok (100 k/s ) but, jeez, I hate those pop-ups at MediaFire.... a mirror perhaps?

Clearinghouse
    Congrats on the release!!! Downloading!

Can't download another mirror?

Wow congrats on the excellent release! Unfortunately, I have too many other missions on my to-do list to prioritize this right now , but it sure looks tempting. I'm sure many players will get great enjoyment out of it.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

I loved Mine Affairs, and enjoyed Darkstone Mine, but found it's unfinished state to be a bit of a turn-off.

I am so glad that you not only returned to Darkstone Mine for a bit of shine and polish, but went and combined all your FM's into a campaign.

Thank you very much, your dedication will not be forgotten.

Archivist
    Thanks for this AntiMatter! I really liked Darkstone Mine and Mine Affairs. Great to see your combined work in one campaign .

Thanks for the campaign, AntiMatter_16. Great work.

Hm, I seem to be the only one having problems in "Mine Saga's End":

I were in all houses, but have no idea how to proceed now. I can't get "outa there" because I don't know how. I'm 20 short of loot (got 730 so far). And I've been in Garreth's evicted house, but it's totally empty?

I'm lost

The mines were certainly different. Having played before it wasn't too difficult. I am in the last mission now. I am stuck trying to use my rope arrow to where the logical place for the Lockpicks. There is a vase on the ledge. No matter where I place the rope arrow I can't mantle onto the ledge. Are the lockpicks in Garretts place? Has anyone mantled the ledge from a rope arrow?

Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    The mines were certainly different. Having played before it wasn't too difficult. I am in the last mission now. I am stuck trying to use my rope arrow to where the logical place for the Lockpicks. There is a vase on the ledge. No matter where I place the rope arrow I can't mantle onto the ledge. Are the lockpicks in Garretts place? Has anyone mantled the ledge from a rope arrow?

I haven't figured out how to mantle that either (not sure if you are supposed to). However, the lockpicks are NOT there. They are in a grey toolbox in the machine shop. You can get in the mechanist shop by climbing a pipe while in the water and then mantling onto the brick arch that connects to the shop's window

Quote Originally Posted by elkston View Post
    I haven't figured out how to mantle that either (not sure if you are supposed to). However, the lockpicks are NOT there. They are in a grey toolbox in the machine shop. You can get in the mechanist shop by climbing a pipe while in the water and then mantling onto the brick arch that connects to the shop's window
    Thanks, I missed that key the first time up there. I did manage the mantle. It takes a perfectlly placed arrow from a distance with the windows open. Nothing is in there as the notice said. It would have been logical for him to have a secret stash somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    To get into Garrett's place, place the rope arrow into the top of the roof. That part is still wood, and if you do it right, you can just make it onto the ledge and just make it into the house.

Bonds of Mine

I heve played it before as Single Mission but now I have got my old problem ............. I am 2 out of 3 secrets but I can not remember where they are in this mission................

I got the grate secret in the torture chamber but I also can not remember which was the 2nd I got

So please can anyone tell me ???

Ok I was so blind ............................ I got it I have forgotten to look behind the guardhouse in the fortress ................HMPF