TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621263136 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM: King's Story (released on April, 8, 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    Did you find the secret inside that secret? If not - check the wall along that area with the barrels to find a spot that can be nudged.

I also found a very sneaky secret in
    spoiler:
    Anger's bathroom in his underground lair - pay careful attention to the bathroom door frame.
    Ok, now I am getting confused. what area with barrels? I am thinking I missed something needed before I went up the dumbwaiter shaft.

arg, what now? cannnot get back down from the up level, missing keys. the dumbwaiter shaft results in death.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrawler View Post
    Ok, now I am getting confused. what area with barrels? I am thinking I missed something needed before I went up the dumbwaiter shaft.

arg, what now? cannnot get back down from the up level, missing keys. the dumbwaiter shaft results in death.
    You're no-where near what SneakyJack is talking about.

Once you are off the dumbwaiter, eavesdrop in on the king and the doctor.

I can't seem to find the valet's ceremonial key. He's unconscious, but no key drop. I THINK it's him, anyway. The description is "unconscious body".

Pretty mission, if a bit convoluted.

Did you find the secret inside that secret? If not - check the wall along that area with the barrels to find a spot that can be nudged.

I also found a very sneaky secret in
    spoiler:
    Anger's bathroom in his underground lair - pay careful attention to the bathroom door frame.
    I'd overlooked the first, but found the second.

Did you discover the secret in the top-most tower (the highest point in the castle)?

Shadowcrawler
    Break the glass door.
    Read Valet's letter downstairs the Southern spiral staircase.
    (In any order.)

Fidcal
    You're playing on Largo, so there ar no crates. You have to use border around instead.
    Yes, you can't see the lever FROM THERE, but broadheads fly by parabola...
    And backdoor (the same as western door):
    On your diff. level there is another lock - look back when facing the door. And door itself is not active, but there is actie keyhole in it.
    On Allegro there is only keyhole and no alarm.

Tannar
    The grate under the ladder (on the upper floor) leads to attic, but you have to jump or climb ladder to see it's active and open it.

242: Not sure these are spoilers but I'll hide them anyway...

mantling - agreed.

gamma - worrying that there are differences. Seems logical to me that a room would look very dark inside if the outside was light and brightly lit by sun though so it looks right to me. Anyway, since there are differences, I guess what I'm saying is that some players won't see inside so might be a good idea to insert a bright light inside (if an update were planned that is.)

vine - technically a vine is a ladder. But it seems to be a bug that you cannot consistently shoot/not shoot an arrow from a ladder. In my experience I find 20 or 30 or more tiny position moves on a ladder where the bow will not raise then suddenly the bow can be raised on say the 31st move. (I'm not counting getting on the ladder with the bow already raised which always works of course.)

camera - I still feel like a bug where it rotates the wrong way and begins scanning the wrong way. I had that problem in Night Watch and went crazy trying to fix it but without success. I guess it can argued that in a complete 360 scannable view it might make sense to rotate to follow the player then resume scanning in the direction of the last known direction of the intruder for a while before resuming its programmed scan. So I concede the point.

backdoor - Yes, it occurred to me later that maybe the backdoor is what I call the side door - or the west door. Not sure what the clue said and not sure if the clue was mobile or had to be left behind so not readable again. I had not investigated that door other than to try to frob it to see if it was real because the clue warned against not using it. Anyway, from what you say, I'm glad I didn't notice the lock and try it! That is a total error to force an alarm that way imo. I would just remove the key from Expert. Or maybe you are supposed to divert or KO the guards first and then the alarm does not sound? Wait - I think Zontik is saying there is another lock to do first. Oh well, maybe but normally there should be some indication of a sudden mission failure.

@Zontik: Wow! Blind parabola shooting? I was hoping you were not going to say that! Three cheers for the ladder bug then.

At least this level had enough going for it that it encourages the player to persevere. Hope the same is true for the next level.

Clearinghouse
    check the wall along that area with the barrels to find a spot that can be nudged.
    a spot that can be nudged - like secrets in Wolfenstein 3D

@ fidcal: You started the mission on largo and wonder why itīs so difficult? Why didnīt you begin on normal? This would have made it much easier. In my opinion itīs not fair to play the mission immediately on expert mode and than criticize the high difficulty. (Although the misisonīs difficulty is in fact very high).

@bob_doe_nz:
    spoiler:
    what do you mean with "push off"? Killing him with the machine which throws him into the large hole? I did that. (Because I donīt like werewolves. They remind my of this horrbile Twilight film I had to watch with my girlfriend[in fact I have also started hating this freaky sparkling vegetable vampires, but thatīs another theme...])

Dainem

Quote Originally Posted by Dainem View Post
    @bob_doe_nz: [Spoiler]what do you mean with "push off"? Killing him with the machine which throws him into the large hole?
    You can also kill him as a werewolf yourself by drinking the werehide potion when Anger transforms.

I'm getting annoyed...
    I found 2 of the music notes but none of them work in the music code. The one im missing is the music hall sheet, here I can't find it. Also where is the record? I'm playing on normal difficulty >.<

@lawviz:
    spoiler:
    Have you been at the loge? After the premiere you can find the loge key in the small room beneath the singer room. With this key you can go upstairs the south spiral staircase and open the dorr. There you can find the necessary music notes. The record can be found in Angerīs room after entering the correct code.

Thanks Dain! I got it thanks to you. Is it a bug when he turns into a werewolf...but his human counterpart is still there? I completed the mission killing him instead o fthe wolf. Also I couldnt use the werewolf potion as garett always says "not yet" or something

Itīs not Dain, itīs Dainem. And it sound like a bug because
    spoiler:
    Anger should completely transform into a werewolf. After this you can use the portion on your own.

I've read the valet's book, but the 3 people in the room off the study are still there, I can't find the valet and can't get into the room off room 29 where supposedly I can rope up into the attic. I can see the tower key jammed into the lock, but when I break the glass doors I still can't frob it. I don't have a sword (I'm just in the mood for one, I'm so frustrated). Help anyone?

To get the key:
    spoiler:
    Shoot it with an arrow. Than the door can get opened.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by mabsy View Post
    I can see the tower key jammed into the lock, but when I break the glass doors I still can't frob it.
    You can hit the key with an arrow.

edit: ops Dainem

I've started Moderato again as I realised that I had missed a couple of important cutscenes. However, I am stuck at the same place as before: after Anger runs out of the auditorium, I go to his room, but he is not there. I open the secret bit and find the gramophone, the record and a jar /container. I know I should go and find the bride - BUT, she aint in room 3 any more - she's legged it along with the lady in waiting (Hmmm?).
    So: what do I do now? How do I get into the throne room? and where is the plant extract I need? The throne room doors on levels 3 and 4 are locked still. Also on Moderato, do I need to do the doctor /stable mission? this has not flagged up in my objectives.
    Anybody - please help!

@ imhotep:
    spoiler:
    Go back to the brideīs room and into her sleeping room. There should be a lot of blood. Then Gabriel comes to the room and gives you the key to the stall.

I think I'm about half way through the 2nd mission (just got to the 4th floor and overheard the convo of the doc and the king, got the towers key too). So far so good, it's hard to put it down once you started, an example of professional mission design as for me. Just as the first mission - so far I wouldn't call it hard in relation to puzzles (compared to my favourite games), but it's challenging enough, puzzles are not too hard to figure out if you're attentive. Loved the lift crash and explosion. Playing in on Largo and without knockouts except for the guards outdoors.

Finished on "easy" after almost 6 hours. Only one secret.
    Amazing architecture and very ambitious with the downside of being too difficult and complex a bit too often. More hints to the player on easy would be welcome.

Some more points:
    I liked the more difficult lock-picking. F1/F2 (the keys I use) switching does get boring after all these years and the new system adds another dimension to the challenge.
    Some subtitles didn't have the best color of choice since they were unreadable with the incorrect background.
    Great use of getting the guards alert all the time, hope to see more of this in the future.

question: I am in the room with doctor, hard hat wearing guard (capt. of the guard?) and a 3rd person. I doused torches and I am waiting for them to have a conversation, they are just standing around. Does something need to be done to trigger it?

have not broken the door to get the key yet, but will. wondering what have I not done to get things to continue.

nice architecture, etc. This is a really a big one.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Clearinghouse
    Shadowcrawler, have you found a secret (a switch on the ceiling) in a small corridor between main tower and Aide's room? Conversation triggers from there only (in narrow color-lighted corridor). Or you can play without conversation - read book in Valet's Room.

Anyone notice huge frame rate drop in second mission?

Most of the second page and including the first original mission release post, yes.

Save your game and close out thief - then open it again and load your save. Enjoy.

Thanks it worked!

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621263136 ... LastLast