TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021263136 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM: King's Story (released on April, 8, 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    spoiler:
    You have to nab his key, else he can still escape
    He's not holding one, his bag highlights but won't pick up - and even if I try to stay in the room with him long enough to nab it, he hears me instantly from the noisy floor... Which is why I have to go out the door on the other side before he comes in, run around the long way - and even then if I try to enter the room even at the slowest crawl "crunch" and he whips around - instafail.

Oh and on my earlier problem, being noisy getting on the balcony wasn't the problem. I had to go back to an older save game because If you gas the head guard when he comes looking for you after breaking the glass to shoot the key, he's facing the wrong way in the singer room and sees you the moment you pass the first window!

Yes, you're right about Rm15, I realised that once i looked at the map. With so many locked doors, but the area behind the door accessible via other means i am losing track of which areas i haven't been too. haha

deathshadow
    spoiler:
    Yes, once you frob his bag, a 'Doctor's Key' goes into your inventory, you won't acquire his whole bag. As for the floor and the doctor noticing you. i used moss arrows and waited till the docs full attention was on the horse before i went back inside

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    spoiler:
    Yes, once you frob his bag, a 'Doctor's Key' goes into your inventory, you won't acquire his whole bag. As for the floor and the doctor noticing you. i used moss arrows and waited till the docs full attention was on the horse before i went back inside
    There are moss arrows?!?

Ok, I've been playing thief for over a decade and I've NEVER had so much trouble finding gear people claim is present. So far I've only found ONE water arrow - much less a moss arrow. Conservatory? Nope. hanging in musty attic? Nope. Where the guy was watering? Nope...

Water arrows - in the cooler? Nope. In the multiple sinks? ONE. In the two giant tower water tanks? Nope. In the little bathing pool? Nope. In the fish pool in the kitchen? Nope... I still never even SAW the one I picked up in the dishwashing area... and I went past that tank frobbing/clicking like crazy, and still didn't get that silverware in there until I hopped up on the counter while luring the guards for a bit of skull bashing.

In shrinking them (someone said they were SMALLER?) did the frob radius get turned way the *** down too? I mean if they are present, I must be going right past them even when leaning over the counters and jumping up while left-clicking like crazy.

Though in the ice cooler there ARE what look like tiny water arrow crystals hanging from the light - but they won't frob.

I might have to put this one down and say to hell with finishing it. It started out very pretty and the story seems ok, but the COMPLETE lack of instructions/directions in game (ranguage issrue maybe? The translation does seem to be engrish moist goodry... December bee? There are no bees in december) is making me end up throwing this on the back burner...

For example I just found that bookcase that opened in the library - reading the plaque my instant response was "and what the **** is that even supposed to mean" - STILL can't make heads nor tails out of what that is.
    Last edited by deathshadow; 13th Apr 2010 at 05:37.

I carried around a pair of white ballet shoes for ages before realising you can wear them and you're permanently walking on moss!!

Not an intuitive decision for a black hooded Garrett I grant you but in all the conversations I had in the mission everyone was polite enough not to mention them Found in the Bride maid's room in the South Wing IIRC.

deathshadow: the code for the library is mars
    Last edited by Sagittal; 13th Apr 2010 at 05:49.

Clearinghouse
    deathshadow, you missed ballet shoes

Also, you can have moss arrows from Mission 1

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    deathshadow, you missed ballet shoes
    The ones off the princess' room - they don't light up when you frob, and when you click, it says "I don't think so" or some such...

Clearinghouse
    Frobbing again.

Clearinghouse
    Art by Roon:

Hi-Res images.

Quote Originally Posted by deathshadow View Post
    Ok, I've been playing thief for over a decade and I've NEVER had so much trouble finding gear people claim is present. So far I've only found ONE water arrow - much less a moss arrow. Conservatory? Nope. hanging in musty attic? Nope. Where the guy was watering? Nope...

Water arrows - in the cooler? Nope. In the multiple sinks? ONE. In the two giant tower water tanks? Nope. In the little bathing pool? Nope. In the fish pool in the kitchen? Nope...

Well, I have 20 water arrows and 8 moss arrows now, on Largo, so I'd say you're pretty bad at looking for things Don't look for usual huge crystals, they are small there, and there is one on the very bottom of a water tank, and AFAIR in the bathing pool as well, I may be wrong about the latter though. One crystal is also at the top of the fountain in the grotto.

Zontic, so there is no way to get into the King's suite/concert hall/throne room/stable/Anger's suite if player takes the crown, and to accomplish the loot goal one HAS to loot the secrets on Largo? Also, does the corridor key become usable only after player accomplishes all other objectives?

Quote Originally Posted by 242 View Post
    Don't look for usual huge crystals, they are small there, and there is one on the very bottom of a water tank, and AFAIR in the bathing pool as well, I may be wrong about the latter though. One crystal is also at the top of the fountain in the grotto.
    Water Arrows
    1x Bathroom sink with toilet containing note on eczema prank.
    2x Water tank without key.
    1x Kings Grotto Fountain.
    1x Bathing Room.
    1x Potted plant next to Throne Room.

Water arrows (in addition):
    1x more in King's Grotto Fountain.
    1x in fish pool in the kitchen.
    Many in sink's tap or bathing heads.
    MANY from the mission 1.
    and 3x in refrigerator ARE frobbable if they are not groing up or melting.
    If you turn on the lamp, they start to grow up, then they melt. If you turn off the lamp when they are less transparent, they stay frobbable for a long.
    Have you ever seen ice?

Yes, I thought that it was better to make KEY inactive instead of making you to go to the lock and to find out IT IS unfrobable yet.
    When you have enough loot, you can use your key.
    I'm not sure... firstly you didn't have to find any secrets to finish even on Largo... but some things changed. Maybe in final version you have to find one or two secrets, I'm not sure.
    Most of loot you've probably missed is not count as secrets.
    Need list? PM me.

242 - are you still short on loot with the "stealing the crown" option?

I went back and had obviously missed: earrings on table in Bride maid's room (25) and evil secret in her bathroom (100) . Doesn't get your 250 but mught help.

It's probably been posted but what do you have to do differently to "choose" the steal the crown option?

Thanks

Are there any hints or walkthrough

Hi there
    i am looking for hints or a walkthrough for this very hard game. I am still on the mountain on mission 1 and cannot find out how to get to the castle.

Please help
    Thanks

Zontik, thanks, I don't need the list, at least now. Just wanted to look at the "crown ending" before proceeding "properly". Swept the available areas quite meticulously, found 6-7 secrets, and got only 2025-2050, so now I've decided to leave the crown. Maybe I'll discover some additional loot or secrets in the available for the "crown ending" areas in the process, and will try to get the ending after I finish the game "properly".

BTW, I managed to solve the Anger's musical puzzle purely by chance, after about 30 seconds of random pressing, haven't been in the concert hall yet

Sagittal, yeah, still short, don't remember about earrings, most probably got them, but secret in the bathroom - isn't it the secret behind the door?

It's probably been posted but what do you have to do differently to "choose" the steal the crown option?

I'm not sure I understood the question, but.... steal the crown

What do you have to do differently to "choose" the steal the crown option?
    You have an option: to steal or not to steal.
    Option expires with the metronome sound.
    Lucky boy! Though, gives you nothing at the moment.

Thanks 242 - yeah - I meant the secret you'd already found

Suppose it sounds a silly question about the crown but the objective turned red for me at some point when I played through the first time - even before I had seen the crown if I remember!

Thanks Zontik - another cryptic reply but I am sure the metronome sound will make sense at some point.

Ok, so I'm in good company being stuck in the second mission.......
    I'm playing Moderato, and I don't know how to proceed. I'm in the east wing and got only the east wing key. A couple of doors cannot open yet, the only one opening is the one up the stairs from the garden, there's a guard facing the door as I open so I don't know how to proceed.
    Any hint is highly appreciated, I love love love this fm!

...it seems I'm the "stuckest" of all, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    Ok, so I'm in good company being stuck in the second mission.......
    I'm playing Moderato, and I don't know how to proceed. I'm in the east wing and got only the east wing key. A couple of doors cannot open yet, the only one opening is the one up the stairs from the garden, there's a guard facing the door as I open so I don't know how to proceed.
    Any hint is highly appreciated, I love love love this fm!

If you have a rope arrow, there is a wooden planter on the second floor just to the right from where you start the mission. Also, you may lure the guard outside and blackjack/sneak behind him.

Clearinghouse
    And there is one more variant.

Sagittal
    even before I had seen the crown if I remember!
    Of course, it is possible to stand in front of the crown and not to see it. You can look in different directions. When you enter this room, you have enough time to find and steal. Then metronome stops and you have no choice anymore.

How do I get to the happy wedding ending?

Clearinghouse
    NightRanger, you have a slow fall potion?

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by 242 View Post
    liked the change of weather and rainbow
    Beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Zontik View Post
    Sagittal

Of course, it is possible to stand in front of the crown and not to see it. You can look in different directions. When you enter this room, you have enough time to find and steal. Then metronome stops and you have no choice anymore.
    Thanks Zontik, when I played the first time through I hadn't realised fully what was going on in that scene when the metronome started nor the choice that was being asked of me. In fact had forgotten it! When I got there this second time it all made sense - I knew the crown was there even though for me it was actually hidden behind the ark when the metronome started! Should finish on this ending soon

Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021263136 ... LastLast