TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567121722273237 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM: King's Story (released on April, 8, 2010)

Before I get too far ahead was I supposed to retrieve the rope arrow before the river camvator sequence? I was unsuccessful trying to get that thingy back.

Mission 1, I have reached the castle:

And retrieved the "back door key". However, using that on the door lock (obscured and took me a while to find) causes an alarm to go off and the mission ends. I take it this is NOT the way we are supposed to get in? Can you give a hint as to what I am doing wrong? Is there an alarm I need to disable or is this the wrong course of action all together?

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    Step 4: Eat pizza.
    Step 5: Play mission.

Shouldn't steps 4 & 5 be together? Or are you particular about that sort of thing?

I'm also stuck like elkston

Except, the backdoor key doesn't work on the lock - only lockpicks. The other entrance with a window you can see in, has a lever. I shot that with an arrow and it opened up a gate, but the camera's make it impossible to go this way either.

Quote Originally Posted by quakis View Post
    I'm also stuck like elkston

Except, the backdoor key doesn't work on the lock - only lockpicks. The other entrance with a window you can see in, has a lever. I shot that with an arrow and it opened up a gate, but the camera's make it impossible to go this way either.
    Use the backdoor key on the backdoor. There's a tiny keyhole

Ha! Thanks. I figured out how to get inside.

Been waiting for this one since seeing the first shots of it - thank you!

2nd mission - couldn't jump any higher than 4 fps. I guess you didn't f**k around when you said it need 3GHz and 2GB of RAM, eh?

Anyway, was a unique run. That is the biggest amount of ground I've covered in 28 minutes.
    Last edited by Thor; 8th Apr 2010 at 13:32. Reason: additional sentence + past tense 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by elkston View Post
    Shouldn't steps 4 & 5 be together? Or are you particular about that sort of thing?
    1) NEVER taff on an empty stomach.
    2) NEVER eat and taff at the same time. The guards will smell the food and come looking for it. You know they're always hungry.

I need help (playing on easy):

spoiler:
    I have to capture the doctor in the stable. I went where and then I see a short video of the doctor. But now nothing happens. The horse seems to be frobbalbe but I have no clue. Do I have to make it sick?

And by the way: the horses behave very strange:
    http://img697.imageshack.us/i/diesepferdehabenspa.jpg/

Quote Originally Posted by fibanocci View Post
    Use the backdoor key on the backdoor. There's a tiny keyhole
    Yeah, I saw that but unlocking it causes an alarm to eventually go off. But I figured out the correct way to go in as quakis stated in his post above.

The tricky thing here is

The cameras. Initially they are both in a "synchronized" state where they are pointed directly at the door and its surroundings. However, if you let the left camera "see" you and then quickly run out of its view - WITHOUT ALERTING THE RIGHT CAMERA - then the left camera will break out of its pattern momentarily and complete a 360 degree turn. When the left camera has its back turned from you, slip in directly under the RIGHT CAMERA (i.e. out of its field of view) and start picking the lock. Be careful because unlike the usual locks you encounter, this one often requires you to use the same type of pick several times in a row. If the left camera starts to come around towards you again, move out of the way. Then repeat the sequence of "see-hide-slip in and picklock" until you finish the lockpick and the door opens.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    2nd mission - couldn't jump any higher than 4 fps. I guess you don't f**k around when you say it need 3GHz and 2GB of RAM, eh?
    I'm having the same problem and my system clearly exceeds those guidelines. As soon as the mission starts it is almost a slideshow.

I have an NVIDIA 9800GTX (1GIG of video ram), a Quad-core 2GHZ processor, and 4 GIGs of RAM.

Update: I restarted Thief 2, loaded the save I made from mission 2, and the slowdowns went away.
    Last edited by elkston; 8th Apr 2010 at 13:38.

Quote Originally Posted by elkston;1978717 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************1978717******end_of_the_skype_highlighting
    Yeah, I saw that but unlocking it causes an alarm to eventually go off. But I figured out the correct way to go in as quakis stated in his post above.

The tricky thing here is

OR go to the other side of the castle, find a microscopical ring to the door's keyhole thingey, unlock it and disable the cameras to save that go-around effort.

OR go to the other side of the castle, find a microscopical ring to the door's keyhole thingey, unlock it and disable the cameras to save that go-around effort.
    So you're saying that IF

I raise the gate first (using the arrow-hits-the-lever move), THEN go around and unlock that tiny keyhole with the "back door key", that this will disable the cameras?

So my problem prior to this was using the back door key BEFORE I actually raised the gate to reveal the inner door and security cameras? Cause it seems like that sequence causes an alarm to go off, rather than disabling the cameras.

Oh, if so, then that sucks. But it's not such a big deal. Just run past them, so they don't spot you for long enough. But yeah, I happened to do it in that order.

So, you playin' mission 2 or waiting or trying to fix it yourself?

So, you playin' mission 2 or waiting or trying to fix it yourself?
    I updated my post to say that my slowdowns went away when I restarted Thief 2. Maybe you can try the same thing and see if that helps you out.

NOTE: If you are still getting the slideshow, star the mission anyway -- make a savegame right then, then quit Thief 2. Then restart and load from the savegame instead of letting it load mission 2 from scratch. It may be side effects from the "loading form scratch" that might be causing the slowdowns.

Playing on expert/largo. How should I get to the upper floors? Can't find the key anywhere, like the one for stable.

Solved.
    Last edited by Winter Cat; 8th Apr 2010 at 15:28.

Hey, thanks, forgot about the hint to reset game. Didn't even needa PC reset, which must have saved me like 10 minutes.
    The detail is ridiculously badass, I'll give you that.

Quote Originally Posted by elkston View Post
    So you're saying that IF

I raise the gate first (using the arrow-hits-the-lever move), THEN go around and unlock that tiny keyhole with the "back door key", that this will disable the cameras?

So my problem prior to this was using the back door key BEFORE I actually raised the gate to reveal the inner door and security cameras? Cause it seems like that sequence causes an alarm to go off, rather than disabling the cameras.
    This one had me stumped at first as well. Here is a complete spoiler:
    First go to the backdoor. There are actually two locks there. If you turn around 180 degrees from the backdoor and crouch down you will notice a lock there that can be picked. Now within 12 seconds of picking that lock use the backdoor key on the small keyhole in the backdoor. This will open the door and disable the alarm. Inside you will find a switch to disable the security cameras at the front door allowing entry without detection.

Ive done everything in the post above this one - but for the life if me I can't figure out how to open the front gate. I noticed someone said use an arrow - but I can't even find a lever. I'm currently standing in front of the castle with the gate closed and no idea how to proceed.

Edit: Nevermind, found it.
    spoiler:
    You have to stack the boxes and look in the one set of windows that isn't a texture.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    Edit: Nevermind, found it.
    spoiler:
    You have to stack the boxes and look in the one set of windows that isn't a texture.
    Oooh riight, the boxes... well, I just pulled the arrow, went on the vines, climbed a bit, turned around and shot.

Is there any way to jam that "no bodies found"-objective?

I'm pretty far into the mission, but can't continue since someone keeps finding one of several bodies.
    I know that I can jump back to an earlier save, but then I would loose a lot of progress and it would still be very hard to track down that one body.

EDIT: Nevermind, I managed to find the right corpse.
    Last edited by seventyfour; 8th Apr 2010 at 15:57.

Just got back from the store. Had to buy more RAM! Oh well, I needed more anyway!

Mission 2 seems to be running pretty well now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dainem View Post
    I need help (playing on easy):

spoiler:
    I have to capture the doctor in the stable. I went where and then I see a short video of the doctor. But now nothing happens. The horse seems to be frobbalbe but I have no clue. Do I have to make it sick?
    Hmm, go back to the Doctor's quarters. Look on the mantlepiece above the fireplace. There is a book. Read it. Now go down one level to the toilets below. Lift the seats up. Ewwww.

Quote Originally Posted by Dainem View Post
    And by the way: the horses behave very strange:
    http://img697.imageshack.us/i/diesepferdehabenspa.jpg/
    Whoops. You should not have seen that. Yet...

Is there a maul? How do I unstuck the dumbwaiter? I intercepted the letter and read it, looked everywhere but I cannot find my way through
    Playing on Largo

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567121722273237 ... LastLast