TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 51015202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM: King's Story (released on April, 8, 2010)

the chapel key : one of the guards has it, I think the one with the gold helmet, there will be an event later that you can steal it real easy

the armoire... in the cutscene that plays about the crown there is a hint..
    about a candle in the study that never is lit...

top tower key : where it is for.. to get to the top tower
    upper floor: the little door next to the double glass doors to the spiral stairs

the attic..you might find a way there to get down to the premiere..

and if you browse around some more on the attic, there is another thing to find there, find the spiders...

Quote Originally Posted by 10Brooklyn01 View Post
    I'm on Allegro, but who knows?
    I found the shoe polish next to some boots in the head guard's office...
    alsolook in the boots too
    The beating of my fearful heart : Thump...Thump...Thump...

Quote Originally Posted by 10Brooklyn01 View Post
    I'm on Allegro, but who knows?
    I found the shoe polish next to some boots in the head guard's office...
    Shoe Polish:
    Allegro: Chief Guards Office. Next to boots.
    Moderato: Chief Guards Office. Next to boots.
    Largo: Unnamed shoe storage room under the letter P next to #10 on the map.

and finaly I made it all the way through the mission..

a great experience..

Zontik, you did a marvelous job here and created another milestone in tafferland..

the gameplay/puzzling was hard sometimes ( but we've been over that more than enough here) but it was great fun and kept me, in a very entertaining way, busy for many hours..

the cutscenes were gorguous and I loved the way you inplemented the motions.. very good and convincing ( and I know how hard it is to get it timed right..)

what realy suprised me.. that sarcastic grin on anger's face that popped up when I came up after switching the score
    great and I did have to replay it because I was thinking I must have imagined it
    btw: I likd the little anagram in his name W. Anger -> Wagner ( allthough in the readme you spelled it as Vagner ( good choice of music too ))

great job, many thanks from a satisfied taffer...

Quote Originally Posted by nightshifter View Post
    btw: I likd the little anagram in his name W. Anger -> Wagner ( allthough in the readme you spelled it as Vagner ( good choice of music too ))
    OOOHHHHHH

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie007 View Post
    Calm Down Q! I didn't say or imply that the author should be ashamed nor that the FM wasn't worth playing. I simply said it wasn't for me. I downloaded this FM, tried it, formed an honest opinion, and posted it on the relevant thread. What's the problem with that?
    I liked your original post better when you were more insulting to me personally.

Truly, I wasn't referring to you at all. In fact, I didn't even read your post until you replied to mine--in which I too was simply posing a question to the general populace from an honest opinion I had formed after reading all the other folks complaining about how difficult the thing is and giving the impression of not liking difficult missions, and doing so also in a relevant thread. So I'm not sure why you have your panties in a bunch, but here we are.

And I was posing my question in a very much non-confrontational manner, with all the best intentions. You see, I too have been creating (and am near releasing) an FM that requires a lot of thought and is, in my opinion, difficult and unconventional as one can't just run through it looking for some swag and a few inside jokes like so many recent FMs. So, I'm now questioning what is the point of releasing it if no one is going to enjoy it due to its difficulty (beyond my own giddiness of course in the knowledge that I will have pissed off a great number of people who are unwilling to give it a chance and puzzle the damn thing out), and am honestly looking at just tossing the thing the trash bin at this very moment because to make it "simpler" would be too much work and wouldn't be the vision I had for it (being the author), thus creating a "What's the point?" question in my mind.

So, do you feel better for being over reactionary for really no good reason? Because I honestly meant you no harm or ill-will. So I'm sorry if you took it that way.

Or, were you expecting something such as, 'I'M A COMM CHATTER! YOU WILL BOW DOWN BEFORE MY MAGNIFICENCE! DONG JOKE!!' to come out of me because I'm not a regular Thiefy-friend?

I like the puzzles... ( and lots of taffers outhere do to)
    so don't you toss it in the trash bin..

seriously... there will allways be people complaining.. if you build a straight forward "grab the loot and wack benny-style" mission,,.. there will be comments about missing the puzzles.

perhaps you could release the mission with two threads.. one for questions/ hints and one for wining???

I like the puzzles... ( and lots of taffers outhere do to)
    so don't you toss it in the trash bin..

seriously... there will allways be people complaining.. if you build a straight forward "grab the loot and wack benny-style" mission,,.. there will be comments about missing the puzzles.

perhaps you could release the mission with two threads.. one for questions/ hints and one for wining???
    I can't even tie my own shoes and chew gum at the same time--how am I to operate two threads!?

Honestly, though, it's a mission in which I've taken great care to ensure that the answers are not easily found--and in which it was designed to frustrate those who are careless and, for lack of a better term, are unimaginative when it comes to puzzle solving. It's designed to frustrate the living hell out of those who want to rush through a level--because in my mind they have lost the whole meaning of playing Thief.
    But, after reading recent comments, I just don't see a reason to take the time and effort to finish polishing the damn thing up. It's honestly a physical strain for the most part to sit in front of the computer for that long, or focus on too much--I'm ill enough as it is without trying to add anything additionally exhaustive for an audience who won't give a shit, or will be blatantly petty because it's not what they want in an FM.
    Not that it has ever mattered to me before (with my writing, I've never written to appease an audience), but I honestly don't know if I'll ever get better (still up in the air, though I am doing well at the moment) and don't know if I like idea of what could possibly be my one and only FM being so poorly received because (in my perception, remember) players no longer want to take the time to enjoy being frustrated and figuring it out regardless of how long it takes.
    Last edited by Queue; 19th Apr 2010 at 23:23.

When you've finally released it I'm so gonna tag it with classic Queue FM.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    OOOHHHHHH
    Someone should look into that..

Took me a time to find that out too actually. Only when beta 3 came out I thought of it.

the attic..you might find a way there to get down to the premiere..

and if you browse around some more on the attic, there is another thing to find there, find the spiders...
    Still don't get it. I wait and wait and nothing happens. I was able to rope down into an alcove but when I go out the two guards spot me. Up in the attic I found the hidden switch and solved the library puzzle but I can't fnd any other way from the attic down to the concert hall. i've got to be missing something. Most of the grates in the attic aren't frobbable.
    Thanks.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by bobber View Post
    I was able to rope down into an alcove but when I go out the two guards spot me.
    there is a window you can open.

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    there is a window you can open.
    Ahhh, thank you clearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Queue View Post
    I liked your original post better when you were more insulting to me personally.
    In that case, apology accepted you enormous cock.

Damn right.

bobber:
    Closed door in the bedroom - you don't need to open it. Just look at your map.
    (And it is REALLY locked in real castle - forever or from time to time, I don't know.)
    Queue
    The good side of DromEding is that you shouldn't care about marketing. Build everything you wish. Anyway, some players will be pleased and some will not.
    I don't think you have to attempt to limit yourself in any way.

Help!
    Where is Anger's Apartments? I had the cutscene with Gabriel, found the candle key and Anger's Apartment Key but can't get downstairs and I've been running around for circles now and its not on my map. Am I missing something? I have the Passage Key, Valet Key, Candle Key and Anger's Apartment keys thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by suewan View Post
    Help!
    Where is Anger's Apartments? I had the cutscene with Gabriel, found the candle key and Anger's Apartment Key but can't get downstairs and I've been running around for circles now and its not on my map. Am I missing something? I have the Passage Key, Valet Key, Candle Key and Anger's Apartment keys thus far.
    Apartments are in the North Wing of the castle.

To get downstairs you really need the Tower Key which on Largo is in the door between the Tower and the little passage to the Aide's room (on map) and needing to be shot , with a broadhead through the glass double doors in Rm #18, or on Allegro in room #22 (or possibly #20) .. since you managed to get the valet key suggests you got downstairs at some point but the Tower Key is what you really need?
    Last edited by Sagittal; 21st Apr 2010 at 06:00.

Can I get there with the keys I have? Please.

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    You can see (through glass door) the tower key jammed into the lock (3d floor). Shoot it with an arrow. Than the door can get opened.
    Thanks. I would have never found that on my own.

It's been like 3-5 days, and I tried my best ... please I need some nudges >.<

The easter egg within easter egg, the 2 extra scores, I haven't been able to combine em in anyway ... SOLVED

I can't seem to kill the werewolf with my sword, the werewolf potion still remains undrunk after my encounter with him. I don't know how to open the fuse box next to this hole where the princess fell SOLVED, my fault causing it

I cant seem to find the cause of the anger npc to dissipear while he is transforming, so I have anger and the beast to deal with (i restarted the entire mission in Largo and Allegro with same results...SOLVED, my fault causing it

Is there a way to save the princess? it took my roughly 1 min to get from the premiere to her room, and she was already hauled into the pit, Im not fast as anger i guess (After the premiere cutscene, I literally jumped off the balcony and landed pretty much in the courtyard -the roof first, then bounced into the courtyard to lessen fall dmg-, from there the princess chambers insnt far off) SOLVED, I just wasnt fast enough that time, which was moving at 9.8 m/s^2 travelling there >.>

last but not least, the gold goblet I shot through the door/gate on the tower is nowhere to be found, searched everywhere..maybe it shattered when it fell on the ground? On a side note, a golden goblet which was shot by an arrow and fell 10 stories into the ground should not fetch a price at all >.<
    Last edited by Lawviz; 22nd Apr 2010 at 18:09.

Look for the goblet near the opposite wall of the yard.
    If you use slow fall potion, you CAN be faster than Anger.

Lawviz, Cant help you with princess - I didn't find the way to help her . Like you I was never quick enough.

For a note sheet nudge combining them is not the answer Edit: Yes it is - combining the sheets is the answer - I hadn't fully appreciated it before- sorry!. But, as Zontik hinted in an earlier post, the code is not particularly complicated . Hope that helps!

The goblet must be there in the courtyard I guess - I always found it across on the south side of the courtyard, on the steps, or just above them.
    Last edited by Sagittal; 21st Apr 2010 at 11:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Queue View Post
    I too have been creating (and am near releasing) an FM that requires a lot of thought and is, in my opinion, difficult and unconventional as one can't just run through it looking for some swag and a few inside jokes like so many recent FMs. So, I'm now questioning what is the point of releasing it if no one is going to enjoy it due to its difficulty (beyond my own giddiness of course in the knowledge that I will have pissed off a great number of people who are unwilling to give it a chance and puzzle the damn thing out), and am honestly looking at just tossing the thing the trash bin at this very moment because to make it "simpler" would be too much work and wouldn't be the vision I had for it (being the author), thus creating a "What's the point?" question in my mind.
    There's a really simple answer to this question: Have it tested in its "as is" state. But don't just run to your friends and/or forumites whom you know agree with you - try to get as diverse a testing group as possible. The reactions of the testers to your FM should tell you what you need to know.

Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 51015202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast