TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678131823283338 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM: King's Story (released on April, 8, 2010)

Guess I will have to pass on this one. I only have a p4 1.5 with 512ram. You all enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    Is there a maul? How do I unstuck the dumbwaiter? I intercepted the letter and read it, looked everywhere but I cannot find my way through
    Playing on Largo
    Read my last thread. 'tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock'

Still donīt get it.

spoiler:
    Where can I find something to spray the horse?

Zontiik, what a great picture to start with!!! It's SO STRONG

Forgive me, I'll start playing your mission when I'm done testing other ones.

My absolute motive is: Once I dig in in testing a mission I'll always be there fot the author till the end!!!

So my remarks will come up on this forumthread a bit later.

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Dainem View Post
    Still donīt get it.

spoiler:
    Where can I find something to spray the horse?
    Room 13 (Chief Guards Room). Just frob high and low for 'Ricki' Ricardo

Dammit, where's a closer mirror?

I've just played through the first mission, and I'm amazed. Right off the bat, I'm going to have to give you "best mountains ever" in an FM, and probably in any game period. This is one of the few video game experiences that have given me a sense of awe and wonder at the "natural" world (parts of Clive Barker's Undying would be another example - it's not about poly-count, it's all in the atmosphere.) Thank you for making this. I'll restart and see if I can get more than 1 FPS out of the second mission. I hope so - if the second is anything like the first, I may have to give you "best Bavarian castle ever."

By the way, does anyone else have any suggestions for games or mods/FMs that left you in awe of nature?

Stuck - unsure whether I've messed up. Second mission;

I've taken the dumbwaiter up and listened to the conversation with the king and his doctor. Now I've got to go back down and get the key from the valet. All the doors for stairs down are locked and when I check the dumbwaiter, it's stuck midway down the chute. Loading an earlier save and looking down, I notice it comes back up and stops where it stops during that cutscene. Will I need to redo the dumbwaiter section, or can I still continue somehow?

[QUOTE=quakis;1978841]Stuck - unsure whether I've messed up. Second mission;...

Edit:
    I mis-read your post.

What difficulty are you playing on?

quakis:

spoiler:
    I spent an hour trying to rope down the dumbwaiter shaft, unsuccessfully. I'm not certain it's possible, except in a bodybag.

Try the spiral staircase north of the Lower Hall, instead. Yes, those glass doors are locked, but there's a key. Have you found and read the valet's message yet?

Took me a while to figure this one out.

Beautiful mission, just started and am swept away by it. THANK YOU

Clearinghouse

For reminder. Don't forget to look these screens for comparison

Amazing! That's all I can really say. The best daytime FM I've ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    Guess I will have to pass on this one. I only have a p4 1.5 with 512ram. You all enjoy!
    Buy yourself a P4 3.0GHz (They only go at about $20 USD if you look around), and get some cheap ram, as much as your computer can take, and I think you'll be fine.

All of you saying "beautiful mission" know that this is a multi mission campaign right? You didn't just stop after the first I hope

What? I thought this was mountain hiking FM.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Dragon View Post
    quakis:

spoiler:
    I spent an hour trying to rope down the dumbwaiter shaft, unsuccessfully. I'm not certain it's possible, except in a bodybag.

Try the spiral staircase north of the Lower Hall, instead. Yes, those glass doors are locked, but there's a key. Have you found and read the valet's message yet?

Took me a while to figure this one out.
    I read the valet's note. It says about a key jammed in a door and I need to use something to hit it in order to remove the key. What I couldn't figure it out was which is that door. I tried to BJ all the locked doors around but no results

Snakebite
    Allegro: tower key is in the room #20
    Moderato/Largo: look through the north door in the room #18

joanieS (many posts ago):
    You can leave this rope arrow, it is not supposed to be taken back (but some players managed to do that).
    Gloria Creep
    You are absolutely right. Don't break your immerse. Meet you here.

Zontik, this is beautiful. Truly amazing, you have made a masterpiece. Thank you for your hard work.

The first mission, I had no problem with frame rate but continuing on straight into the second, it became very choppy. Fixed by reinstalling original missions and rebooting. Good as gold now.

Quite fantastic looking mission, well at least the small part i have seen so far, since i'm completely stuck. I'm probably missing something quite obvious...

I have the maul and the passage key from the previously boiling water. I have been over most of the ground floor except for a couple of doors to various small rooms that i can't open. I have been to the 1st and 2nd floor in the south wing.

How do i proceed?

Clearinghouse
    The Elusive One, what difficulty you are playing?

Archivist
    Congratulations with the release, Zontik

I've actually been on holiday near Schloss Neuschwanstein years ago. Only visited the front entrance and surrounding area, never entered the castle myself.
    Beautiful work in recreating it!

The Elusive One
    You've probably missed the way to ventilation shaft. Look up in the room #10 (facing to the West).
    In your special case there is no diference in diff. levels.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Zontik View Post
    In your special case there is no diference in diff. levels.
    I think The Elusive One playing on Largo, needs a rope arrow.

Iīm now stuck again:

spoiler:
    I now could capture the doctor and got the key to his room where I found the lupius. Iīm quite sure I have to make this special mixture but some ingredients are missing: I need a bottle or something else to fill the special water. And I need a gramophone to play the record.
    Also the door to the throne room has opened but I have no idea what to do. I jumped from above to the floor and found a verse about a mice I should follow. But I have only seen one mice in the whole mission (The "hamster" rat at the beginning).
    And when I am going to the Brideīs Room the Wedding is starting, but the mission gets aborted.

I also have some strange bugs:
    spoiler:
    Right at the start of the first mission, the Ghost of the Kings appears. But at my first try he did not vanish. In fact I even could blackjack him. And I think I have some other problems with "nondisappearing persons". In my mission the Bride exists three times: She is standing in front of the altar, she is also standing in front of her room, and she is lying dead in the grounds. And there is a thief in the throne room I also could knock out.

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678131823283338 ... LastLast