TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 51015202526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM: King's Story (released on April, 8, 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by bluclint View Post
    hi guys, I got stuck and I can not go forward.
    Game on Allegro. I do 3 questions:

1. As I open the secret room in the bedroom of the king?
    2. Where is the phonograph?
    3. Where can I find the record?

thanks
    the gramophone and the record are not there.. they are in Anger's secret room)

at least, I realise, they are on largo.. I didn't play on alegro
    Last edited by nightshifter; 30th Apr 2010 at 14:08. Reason: oops, my hints might not be right on allegro....

bluclint,

Playing allegro, the secret area with the gramophone and the record is in Anger's apartments in the North Wing - although you may not be able to enter it yet.

There is a secret lift in Anger's bedroom (try and find a switch) that gets you to a lower room and a musical note machine. There are three sheets of musical notes to be found in the castle and one of them will give you access to this secret area. You will need two other items to make the record play.

I found all three sheets of musical notes, I was in the secret room of Anger, I traded one of the musical notes and typed "DHFG" but after I find something else to do, there is no gramophone and records.

I found all three sheets of musical notes, I was in the secret room of Anger, I traded one of the musical notes and typed "DHFG" but after I find something else to do, there is no gramophone and records.
    Did you try the other sheets? It's the one starting AACE - or something like that- that opens the secret area if I remember

Thanks Sagittal, AACE?? I never found a paper with this written!!!
    I took the disc, the cylinder does not go where you put?

bluclint,

You need 2 other items to make the record play. You may be trying to play the record much too soon.

You first need to

- witness the premiere in the Singer Hall? (Location for Anger's baton (first item you need to help play record and that sheet of notes).
    - meet with Gabriel after finding the bride and complete a task given to you regarding the Dr
    - solve the Throne Hall puzzle
    Helps you to find second item to play record.

Have you changed the green score in Anger's secret room for the "Can-Can" score you should have found in Rm 21? . If not then do this and then go to the top floor in the castle.

This game has been a real challenge and fantastic graphics. I have to admit, I never found all the secrets or loot but I enjoyed the cutscenes and storyline...even if I did have to spend ages figuring out what was next to do.
    Special thanks to those who gave me advice...I was stuck for ages without the tower key, I never thought to check the floor!
    Any plans to make another mission?

Sagittal, I did everything

1. I have the Anger's baton
    2. I solved the puzzle of the throne room, I took the bottle
    3. I changed the score in the green room for the secret anger "Can-Can" score
    4. I met Gabriel after his wife found dead

What else should I do?

OK. If you have the green grotto water you need to go to the Dr's room and make a "mixture" - see following link your record should then work with everything you have

http://ttlg.ttlg.mobi/forums/showthr...=1#post1981096

Ok, I did thanks
    but now after it lupinis the mixture of the cube and the gramophone record, what happens, what should I do?

bluclint,

did you play the record? - Use the "mixture" on the block near the gramophone and then use the record and the baton on the gramophone - if so take the new mixture, now a "Werehide potion", and listen to the guards conversation outside Anger's apartments . You will then need to help with - spoiler warning -opening a door in the Lower Hall (rm 18) to get to the finale!

Sagittal, thanks to you I have unlocked.
    Now how do I kill Anger transformed into a wolf?

Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    Alright, I need help hopefully for the last time (think I'm near the end here):
    I'm at the spot where I have to break through the door that leads to the part of the castle which is under construction. I see a chisel and a maul on the ground which I can't use. I was thinking "HEY, I have that werewolf potion, I could just turn into a monster and bust the door down!"...unfortunately Garrett did not agree with my line of thinking. I'm completely out of ideas, anyone know what I should be looking for?
    Would someone please tell me where I can find this door. I've looked everywhere for a door with a chisel and maul on ground nearby and I can't find it. I've found some doors which are frobbable but neither my keys nor my lockpicks work on them.

glwhalen, go to the third floor corridor 18

glwhalen, go to the third floor corridor 18
    Thanks, bluclint. Found it. Now if I can just finish this FM.

Clearinghouse

glwhalen, I'm also trying to finish this fm but I do not know how to kill the wolf.
    One suggestion would be welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    wuaoo, even the Japanese love FM Thief 2. All this is unbelievable

glwhalen, I'm also trying to finish this fm but I do not know how to kill the wolf.
    The potion that needed a lot of puzzle solving must have a purpose . You can then do battle with Anger - just keep moving and aim blows at him - it takes some time!

Also this series of posts tells you about another possible way when the ghost of Elisabeth unlocks the switch so you can try and use the the lift engine to push him into the pit

http://ttlg.ttlg.mobi/forums/showthr...=1#post1979702

I fought against him but after a while the sword is broken and helpless and rest the ghost of Elisabeth not me.

I fought against him but after a while the sword is broken and helpless and rest the ghost of Elisabeth not me.
    You should have the werehide potion in your inventory. Drink it, you will transform into a werewolf. Use your 'claw' to attack William Anger.

bluclint
    I bet I fought hand to hand or should I say paw to paw with Anger but always lost. Here's how I killed the werewolf Anger:
    While Anger is speaking and being transformed I went and climbed on the boxes next to the small engine on the track. Then I drank the potion. Elizabeth appears as a ghost and opens to control box that contains the lever that allows the engine to be powered. I got Anger to come after me. I continually tried to get him to get in front of the engine. I would climb on the engine, flip the switch, jump off, and get him to run in front of the moving engine. After many tries it finally pushed him into the hole and to his death. Timing is everything. If he got past the engine I climbed back on top, flipped the switch, the engine returned to its starting position, and I started over.

Thanks glwhalen and to everyone who helped me, I did not realize that in my inventory there was still the potion!
    I finished the FM, FM great and wonderful, I really liked.

I finished with the help of the well done walkthrough.
    I just wanted to thank the author for such a magnificent and intricate story and sure it will remain one of my favourite fm's ever! Music, story, textures, everything was just outstanding. It was a great pleasure playing it. Thanks so much for sharing your hard work with us!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 242 View Post
    I for one welcome such sophistication. Come on, it wasn't really hard to figure out and unlock the gate, a small challenge that's all.
    I thought that was a brilliant touch too.....on the third attempt at the lock...I suddenly said to myself...

"Ahh.. OK,I see whats going on here"

...and funny enough it was in Garretts Voice..
    The beating of my fearful heart : Thump...Thump...Thump...