TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 61116212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM: King's Story (released on April, 8, 2010)

I know I am late to this party, but finally found the time to start this mission.

First of all: wow! What an achievement. And I am not only talking about the visuals. I had to watch the music performance sequence twice to believe my eyes. Must have been a lot of work creating all those new motions.

Now I have a question. After the performance I went back to the music room, opened the door behind the stage and listened to the conversation from there. Therefore I didn't get the chance to steal the key from the aide's belt. Where is he now? Or do I have to reload?

Haplo - The Aide's Key is optional, and you'll meet him again. Try to think what Anger would want for revenge.

Bigger hint - Search his lower apartment for a crumpled piece of paper.

Zontik,

thanks for this incredible mission!
    I'm breathless!
    You bring new live to Thief!

This deserves a HEAD LINE:

Zontik, THIS IS AWESOME!
    I managed to get the first part by myself, but I really needed the walktrough in the second part
    What a great mission this is!!! It's a complete game in one, I would say!

WOW !!!

I am not done yet playing though! Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

I just want to compliment you for creating such a beautiful set of missions (especially the second).

Gameplay-wise I preferred the first part, though, because I like climbing. The tree-problem had me stuck for a while, but once I solved it, I felt really good about myself. I liked how you could get little glimpses here and there of the castle while you were climbing. I felt that some things could have been done differently - like the "don't leave the path"-objective and the camvator-ride at the end (of part 1) felt a bit odd (was I riding on the werewolf's back (and why would Garrett do that) or what happened there? (I would have liked more climbing on my own instead)).

The second part unfortunately turned into a bit of a keyhunt and I felt like I was being pushed forward without much freedom of choice (I liked the idea of having alternative endings, though - and the kind of moral choice of stealing or not stealing (and of investigating the full story or not investigating the full story)) and sometimes it felt like I had to do A before B, but for no apparent reason (just like in some point&click-adventure games). The puzzles were fun and the surroundings were sublime (fitting of a king)!

There were also some new story telling tech which I liked and haven't seen before (like being king for a short while and also even a werewolf at the end (of part 2)). I also liked the gardener going about his every day tasks.

great involving story and story-telling, excellent architecture and looks, innovative tech-stuff and fun puzzles. The only thing that drags it down is the parts between the fun/great/breathtaking stuff causing me to just run around in circles at times.

OK. I don't get the "verse" puzzle.
    I got the up till the dog picture ..... and when I'm walking towards the wolf: All is gone.

How do I proceed and what am I doing wrong here ....
    Please give me a detailed spoiler here?!

Gloria Creep
    Last edited by epithumia; 11th May 2010 at 18:59. Reason: Fix broken spoiler tag.
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............

Gloria, sometimes the puzzle just collapses for no apparent reason and you have to restart it -bit annoying but you are doing it right I think - check following post link:

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post1981078

Thank you! I'll try to stand still.

Gloria Creep

Очень красивая и интересная миссия, в некоторых местах без подсказок было не обойтись( не могла найти молот, запрыгнуть на балкон, и загадка с картинками животных). Порадовало обилие цветочных букетов, фруктов в вазах, красивые текстуры, картины. Из некоторых комнат даже не хотелось уходить. Особенно мне понравился и запомнился эпизод с доктором в конюшне. Ах, да, еще балетные тапочки!
    Вот снова застряла, теперь уже в финальном эпизоде, машина не работает, оборотня столкнуть в яму не получается.
    Спасибо за огромный труд над созданием миссии, сделано с душой!
    This mission is awersome, needed the walktrough (i couldnot find a maul, jump to the balcony and do "verse" puzzle).
    I loved so much lots of flowers, fruits, beautiful textures, paintings. Some rooms i even didnt wish to leave. Especially i liked the episode with a doctor in the stables. Oh, and a pair of ballet shoes.

Finished this awesome mission. It certainly was frustrating at times, but no more frustrating than Mission X. At least this one's frustrating moments weren't deliberate.

It makes me feel proud to have been a part of its team, even if I only contributed to the Spanish translation.

Thanks Zontik.
    Last edited by Haplo; 12th May 2010 at 02:23.

Romashka01
    I'll write in Russian instead of spoiler tags, OK?
    Если все сделано правильно, то после превращения Энгера в волка тебе нужно выпить оборотное зелье (больше у тебя в инвентории почти ничего нет). После этого становятся доступны два способа от него избавиться: 1 - тупо забить лапой и 2 - с помощью машины. Если приблизиться к призраку Элизабет возле ямы (становится видимым только после твоего превращения), она откроет для тебя коробку с выключателем, который активирует машину. После этого машину можно включить расположенным на ней рычагом.
    Еще волка иногда удается свалить в яму, просто бегая вокруг нее кругами, но это скорее баг движка, чем правильный путь.
    Удачи!

Quote Originally Posted by Zontik View Post
    Romashka01
    I'll write in Russian instead of spoiler tags, OK?
    one of the nice things for me on ttlg is that this forum is all in english...

but no kidding.. I think it would be good to keep the discussion in english, so all taffers can enjoy and benfit from it.. I can understand that it is more easy to write in your own language but perhaps then you might want to use pm..

Just use Google Translate. It does a decent enough job of getting it roughly translated.

Clearinghouse
    Zontik, and what about M. Scrench "Patriot"?

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    Zontik, and what about M. Scrench "Patriot"?
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

oh yhea

Nice one, 284 meg of fan mission wow can not wait to check this out. nothing better than a nice new thief fan mission TBH.

nightshifter
    Agree. Anyway, there are forum rules...
    Just one short exception for Romashka, OK?
    P.S. Romashka means Camomile.
    clearing
    Not yet.

Zontik, спасибо за быстрый ответ, вот уж не ожидала что здесь будут недовольные увидеть один и тот же текст на двух языках :/
    Finished this fantastic mission, watched the ending, nice fireworks

Btw, nightshifter, i didnt see any rules about absolut english on this forum, thats why i posted above same tekst in two languages. I seen many other posts on this forum with a lot more comments in foregn and nobody complained there.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Romashka01; 12th May 2010 at 14:48. Reason: problem solved

Zontik, What an absolute INSANELY GOOD LOOKING MISSION HERE!
    I just finished, playing Allegro, using the wakthrough at some points.
    What you´ve accomplished is só awesome!!!
    I´ts very tough to play but what greatly created sceneries

I bow for you Taffer

BTW .... is it you at that small video on the end .... the man who is turning around and walking ....

Gloria Creep

One thing ...You should´ve made the Dewdrop dolly pickable

Quote Originally Posted by Romashka01 View Post
    Zontik, спасибо за быстрый ответ, вот уж не ожидала что здесь будут недовольные увидеть один и тот же текст на двух языках :/
    Finished this fantastic mission, watched the ending, nice fireworks

Btw, nightshifter, I seen many other posts on this forum with a lot more comments in foregn and nobody complained there.
    Cheers
    thats coz we couldnt read them.....just skip over them

"One thing ...You should´ve made the Dewdrop dolly pickable "

I agree with Gloria....I could have used some more entertainment.
    The beating of my fearful heart : Thump...Thump...Thump...

is it you at that small video on the end....
    No, it's Harold. (I don't know actor's name - this short movie was taken from another video game about Ludwig.)
    You should´ve made the Dewdrop dolly pickable
    It was kind of fool proof - to avoid inproper use of the doll (and I took care about keeping your inventory as clean as possible).
    Some players can use doll to climb higher, to block the door... etc.
    And some players would permanently ask "What is this stupid (sorry) doll for?"
    So it is better for the doll itself to leave it inactive. No violence, no insults.

Yellow lupine tincture

Hello,

I am at the point, where I 've "disabled" the doctor in the stable and now I am in his study room.
    There I see the yellow lupine tincture as frobbable. But I do not have the "Green Grotto water" bottle in my inventary. I 've read, that this item came from one level before. .

That means for me: a new beginning.... That CANNOT be!?!? I played 6 hours until this point.
    Have anybody a savegame for me at the "doctors" point??

Kind regards

You can still get it At least I did. It's in the part where the animal puzzle is. Just solve it and then look around. Something opened.

Gloria Creep

Animnal Puzzle

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    You can still get it At least I did. It's in the part where the animal puzzle is. Just solve it and then look around. Something opened.

Gloria Creep
    Wow, that's fine.
    I haven't seen any puzzle before, but I go for the search in this thread. Sure, there are some hints and fingerpoints.

THank you very much
    Thomas

Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 61116212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast