TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 51015202530313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM: King's Story (released on April, 8, 2010)

I can't remember exactly about PHONG. IIRC, most of original AIs were made with GOURAUD shader (no ideas, why). As I made Anger from original model, I probably used the same method.
    Yes, Anger is just a regular AI model. Almost. I added his funny beret and changed texture (face was taken from Wagner's portrait).
    Curiously. When texture was streched on AI's face, it has been changed a bit. I got another creature, not Wagner, but the similar person. Similar, but not the same.
    So I felt safe to change some historical facts in according to my needs, saving all my respect to Wagner.

I looked through a few pages of the thread for this but no one seems to be stuck exactly where I got stuck, so, sorry for waking up an old thread for this.
    I used an arrow to shoot the key stuck in the door and proceeded into the area which was then opened. I also gas-arrowed a guy with gold helmet who was unknockable and got a ambiguous "key" from him. But none of the locked doors in the upstairs area after I have made it up the dumbwaiter explosion and jumped out alive before the fire coming up the shaft got me (that was a very cool scripting by the way, like something from a movie as the fire comes along the shaft) anyway I cant open any more locked doors since I got to this upstairs area using keys or lockpicks. I am not sure how stuck I am, maybe I just missed some hidden switch or a door somewhere, Im hoping thats the case and not some error instead

By the way are there any walkthroughs written for this? i gave up searching the thread after about 7 pages so maybe one was posted later on...

Quote Originally Posted by Cold0ne View Post
    are there any walkthroughs written for this? i gave up searching the thread after about 7 pages so maybe one was posted later on...
    There's one at Cheap Thief Mission Downloads, click here.

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    There's one at Cheap Thief Mission Downloads, click here.
    Thanks, this helped. i forgot to pick up the key which dropped to the floor apparently after i opened that door from the other side. because when you shoot it, it just turns in the lock and stays in it, but when i opened the door from the back side i assumed that it just fulfilled its purpose and disappeared. didnt think to look down and see it on the floor. This mission sure has a lot of parts which go beyond anything ive seen in thief games, i can see for this one i will have to actually use my brain and rethink the interaction possibilities in the level

--
    Last edited by taffedinthehead; 3rd Jul 2011 at 19:23.

Didn't some tourist bureau or http://www.neuschwanstein.de/ post some information about this FM (if so, link)? Or did they just provide you with the schematics / 3d stuff / correspondence?

All information about castle (including floor plans) was taken from open sources: tourist booklets and Internet search.

I live very close to neuschwanstein. zontik, have you already been there? Have you also visit ludwig's other castles?

Yes, I've been there in 2003, where I was finally impressed and inspired. That waterfall... long way down... amazing, just amazing. The castle itself s even less impressive than landscape around.
    Unfortunately I haven't any chance yet to visit other Ludwig's castles. Maybe in future.

Ok, thanks for the info. I was sure some nice person had actually handed some of this stuff to you.

Zontik, do you think Mission 2 is fully ghostable? I tried it with no avail

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    Zontik, do you think Mission 2 is fully ghostable? I tried it with no avail
    Well, if you are willing to overlook the forced alert status guards, a count of forced property damage (x2) and the end of the mission, then yes. I played this one through not long ago and while crazy hard to do, it's doable.

Can't get back down, after going up dumbwaiter
    I see the stuck key, broke the glass, and shot the key with a broadhead. It made an "unlocking" sound, but the door is still locked, and unpickable.
    Am I missing something?

EDIT: HAHA! Got it! nvm
    Last edited by slavatrumpevitch; 14th Aug 2011 at 16:37. Reason: figured it out

Still stuck, and haven't been able to find the answers I seek in the forum, thus-far.

Major milestones I've accomplished: got up the dumbwaiter, shot the stuck key, and unlocked the spiral stairs, got the key from the Valet, replaced the score, spoke with Anger, and ruined the premier and opened the music lock

what I haven't done: Entered the stable, or throne room. I can't get the victrola to play the record, and I don't have a vial (do I need one?) There has been no wedding.

I wish I could ask for more specific advice, but in all honesty, I don't even know what order things need to happen in. The more I read the forum, the more I get confused. haha.

I can't get enough of the map, but I'm just about at my wits end!

Thanks to anyone who can steer me in the right direction!

PS. I'm playing on Largo. (Maybe this is my problem, but I always do missions on the hardest setting, and never get so thoroughly bewildered!)

I'm thinking about restarting on an easier difficulty- how much, if any, of the game am I missing out on this way?
    Last edited by slavatrumpevitch; 16th Aug 2011 at 00:35. Reason: advanced further

Quote Originally Posted by slavatrumpevitch View Post
    I'm thinking about restarting on an easier difficulty- how much, if any, of the game am I missing out on this way?
    The main puzzles generally are the same, the different difficulties will change the location of several key items IIRC.

Don't worry about the notes yet, you're still missing one more.

I assume you have swapped Anger's music book?

If so, go up into the attic and one of the side areas will lead to a side window and a balcony overlooking the starting area. Go up the balcony and take a look.

I apprectiate the reply, but I've already done all that. It's the stupid victrola in anger's basement I'm stuck on. As I understand it, I need to make a mixture out of the vial from the throne room? Or something along those lines? the Victrola doesn't frob, and there's a little frobbable obelisk next to it, that maybe I need to use first? I'm assuming it's for the mixture?

Also, I made some more progress.Found the murder scene, and locked the doctor in the stable
    Last edited by slavatrumpevitch; 16th Aug 2011 at 13:19. Reason: made further progress

Haha, success! :-) Hard, unconventional, but oh, what a fun mission!

How do I fix the dumbwaiter?

Quote Originally Posted by She-Thief View Post
    Well, I do not feel like looking through 20-some pages to find an answer, so I will just post my question here and I'm sorry if it is a repeated question.

Anyway, I can't even seem to get to the 3rd floor. I have found some music pages, shoe polish, and ballet slippers. I got into the vents, fixed the dumbwaiter, and got the key from the boiling water tank. Now I am completely stumped. There are so many doors I cannot open. I'm sorry this description of where I am is so vague, but any attempt at help is very much appreciated

Oh, and I am on the Moderato difficulty setting.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    I tried frobbing the hatch with the dumbwaiter bouncing into it, but that doesn't work
    You have a maul? On "Allegro" you can use your sword on the hatch.

I'm quoting the walkthrough...

"Itís a good time to start making your own werehide potion. And, as you saw, the Throne Hall was opened.
    Letís go there.
    Entrance from the third floor (Lower Hall) is unlocked, but it is blocked with two guards. But there is another way in, on the fourth floor. There is only one guard there, walking along Throne Hall perimeter, so he is not a big problem"

On the 4th floor there are also 2 guards infront of the doors to the throne hall. On the 3rd floor I used water arrows to douse the 2 chandeliers and sneaked past the guards and guests only to find the doors to the throne hall locked. Now what? The king and aide are not there anymore either to get the aide's key.

Anybody here?

Hello ???

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    Hello ???

Huhh ???

Uhhh... don't know where everone has gone to...

In worst case check the hints in the ZIP or the walkthrough.
    I will let you know when the taffer are back again.

EDIT: Ups !
    I just realize that you had consulted the walthrough already without a solution for your problem.

Hmmm.... not sure sure, but I do seem to recall having used a rope arrow to get down into the throne room.
    Or just knocked out the guards... but I don't recall any details... sorry
    Last edited by gnartsch; 19th Aug 2011 at 17:19.

objective not displaying

While playing this again (medium difficulty) from scratch after losing my saves, I cannot get any objective regarding the valet to show up.

I have been searching for him ,but not found him. Already read 2 items about him, cannot get into his room either.

I have already heard the dr. , guard, king have their talk and walk out of the room.

A hint please. Not sure if I did something to prevent a trigger or if I have missed something that should cause a trigger of that objective.

I have been reading the walkthrough, and not able to make any difference.

thank you.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Go to valet's room (#20 on the map) and read the book on the table which explains how valet looks like.
    Then you'll get the objective to find him, and only then valet will appear himself.